Chapter 14

Striking Matches

KEY POV

Aish, Surim was just like Taemin. They were both scared to death of bugs. She was still shaking when she hugged me. Poor kid. Suddenly, my phone buzzed.

"Hello?"

"Hey Kibum."

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! It was Haejin.

"Let's go to the movies today," she said.

"What?" I wasn't sure if I had heard correctly. Haejin wanted to go to the movies with ME?

"Why? are you doing anything?"

"No, nothing!" I said quickly.

"Good. I want to go to the movies with you. Today" Haejin said sweetly.

"Really? Sure!" I exclaimed. This was my lucky day!  "But--"

"have i broken up with Jaejin? no."

"But then--"

"So you don't want to go?"

"no, not that at all!" I protested.

"Pick me up at six. You know where I live."

"huh? oh, okay. six? See you!"

Without another word, she hung up. For a moment I was in shock. That had been... sudden...

"Someone pinch me, I think I'm dreaming," I whispered. Minho consented, a little cruelly. "OW! Yah!"

"You said pinch me," he said matter of factly. I rubbed my arm where he had pinched it.

"So this isn't a dream, and what happened just now really happened?!" Without waiting for an answer, I ran out the door to pick my outfit. "Onew hyung, you're in charge of dinner!~"

I could hear everyone groan. "Not chicken again..." someone complained. I didn't care. A date with Haejin!! I was on cloud nine!

MINHO POV

Oh, great. If Onew hyung was in charge, it was chicken for sure.

Maybe we could convince onew hyung to eat something else... Fat chance.

... Maybe we could tie him up and eat our own food. ^^ I shook my head, rolling my eyes at my own immaturity. 

"Hello? Yes, we would like it delivered, please..." Onew hyung was already on the phone, ordering chicken.

"Ah!!!! No, hyung! We're not eating chikcen AGAIN! Let's go out to some fancy restaurant!" Taemin yelled, knocking the phone out of Onew hyung's hand.

"Hey! Give that back!" he yelled. Jonghyun hyung tackled Onew hyung to the ground. Taemin hung up on the chicken dude. Surim hadn't moved since Key hyung had left. My smile slid off my face and i furrowed my brow. I hated seeing her like this... She was staring at the door like someone had died. I sighed. Why was she so blind to me?

"Guys, why don't we go to karaoke?" Surim's eyes lighted up slightly.

"Norebang?" she whispered excitedly.

"Yes, Surim-ah. Norebang. Let's go together!" I said, reaching to hold her hand. She smiled shyly and detached herself from the wall.