Chapter 5

Striking Matches

Hello again... I will update even though you guys make me sad by not leaving any comments or any sign that you like this...  But its understandable you don't like it.. its terrible... sorry! > <crying

Surim's POV (she's the girl Key wanted to meet Taemin)

I nervously twisted the corner of my shirt. Because I was a nervous wreck right now. He was here. He had come. Key. My shining star. I wondered if he remembered me at all. Best not get my hopes up...

The director called us all together and started talking about the drama. I tried to act bored so people wouldn't notice that I was nervous. Pretty soon, the boredom became real. I could feel my eyes getting heavy.

Trying to ignore that, i looked around the room. As far as I could tell, Key was the only one who I knew already. Suddenly, I got the feeling that someone was watching me, so I turned to see a girl looking at me with daggers in her eyes. If looks could kill, I would've died.

I looked at her cooly, but inside i was panicking. Had she seen me staring at Key? Was she... his... girlfriend? I swallowed nervously and looked away in time to see Key staring at me with his adorable smile on his face. He looked away as soon as I caught him, but I didn't care. Key had been looking at me. Did he remember? I had loved him ever since our first meeting two years ago...

*               *               *

"Hello, I'm Park Surim, and I like to sing and dance," I said in perfect korean. I smiled cutely, but the judges didn't bat an eye. My smile dimmed and i quickly signaled the music person to start the song. It was I Don't Care by 2ne1. I had sang and danced my heart out, and after the last contestant, SMent had accepted me for training.

The next day was the first time I met Key. Of course, he had been Kibum then. He was to be a part of SHINee, and me a part of Girls Generation. From the start, I had loved his smile and his voice. By the end of our voice lessons, I had fallen for him completely.

Not that I let him know that. I had constatly been on guard in front of him, careful to treat him like I treated everyone else. But I still had become really close to him. I had been one of the few people he had been comfortable being himself around. I had prided myself in that...

And I had been there the day before his 18th birthday, when his girlfriend had dumped him into depression. That had been my last time seeing him face to face. My mom and dad had died in a car crash the next day, and so I had given up becoming the 10th member of SNSD and had gone back home to take care of my family.

But I never forgot him. I never stopped loving him.

Never.

*            *            *

I love you, Key oppa, I thought wistfully. I went back to staring at Key, but Key had turned away. A bit disappointed, I followed his gaze to... the girl that had been giving me the evil eye. My heart sank. This day was turning terrible. I sighed softly. Maybe it could improve... if only Key would play Junsu in the drama. Then... at least I could pretend we actually loved each other, just like Meera and Junsu did. Just like I wished me and Key would...

"... The role of Junsu will be played by Key from SHINee." My heart beat a bit faster, and a smile crept into my face.

END OF SURIM'S POV

KEY'S POV

"... and Meera will be played by...." I scooted to the edge of my seat. Please, please, PLEASE be Haejin he thought over and over. "...Park Surim..." the director finished.

I sighed, glancing at Haejin. She still wasn't looking at me, but I could see her smirking. I looked around the room and saw the cute girl wave at me. So SHE was playing Meera. Well, she wasn't that bad... I wondered how to match up Taemin and... what was her name? Surim. My little Taeminnie would look so adorable with her!

I smiled and got up to greet Surim.