Chapter 13

Striking Matches

hi again! Sorry i didn't update for.. a bit, I was on vacation, and i had no internet...

SURIM POV

"Aw, look! They look so cute together!"

"Cute? NO! My baby is too young to do this! Wake them up!"

"Relax, Key. Just look at them. They're the perfect couple!"

"are you jealous, Key? Don't worry, you still have me."

"Shut up, Jjong. I have enough skinship with you at practice and on shows."

"Wait, sh!! I think they're starting to wake up!"

I opened my eyes, saw the SHINee oppas, and immediately shut my eyes again. Where was I? Somehow I had ended up... wait, was this Taemin's lap?! Was I sleeping on his lap?! How did that happen? And there was something heavy on my waist. Well, on my whole upper body, but mainly on my waist. And someone's hand was holding my hand. I wiggled my hand a bit and grasped the hand. It was bigger than mine, and comfortably warm. I held the hand tighter and tried to go to sleep again, when someone rudely woke me up.

"Yah! Park Surim! Lee Taemin! Get up, now! We're home." Key oppa yelled. I stirred and woke, but Taemin slumbered on. When Key oppa failed to wake him up, Key, Jonghyun, and Onew did rock paper scissors to decide who would carry Taemmin up to the eigth floor. Minho oppa wasn't there, for some reason. Onew oppa lost, and Key oppa helped him get Taemin on his back. We made our way up the flight of stairs. Around the sixth floor, Taemin woke up, and walked up the rest of the flights by himself. He stumbled once, and grabbed me for support. He left his hand on mine. We reached the door and Key oppa opened the door for us. I went in, strangely feeling like I was coming home.

MINHO POV

I stopped in my tracks when I saw Surim walk through the door. She was as beautiful as I remembered. Even more, actually. Whoa, Minho, when did you ever believe in love at first sight? I thought to myself.

Unconsciously, I answered myself. Since I saw Surim...

She was so innocent sometimes, and made me want to hug her and tell her that she's safe in my arms. If only I had been quicker last night. But she had made me so nervous, holding on to me like that. My mind had blanked for a second of two. I closed my eyes and remembered. She had smelled like vanilla...

Oops. The others were starting to look at me weirdly. Acting like nothing had happened, I went to the sofa and the TV to the soccer game. For once I couldn't focus. My thoughts kept on wandering back to Surim.

Maybe I could confess to her now.

I glanced over at her. She was holding hand s with Taemin and resting her head on his shoulder. I couldn't believe Taemin had beat me to her. Why had I let him drag her away?

... That was the downside of being the silent one. People confided in you, but you could never tell your own secrets.

I returned my gaze to the game. It was the last 30 seconds, and we were tied, when we shot, and made it. And the game ended.

The crowd went crazy! They were so loud that it felt like they were in the living room, screaming their hearts out. Like... our fans. Who reminded me of this one fan girl who had given me cleats and a romance book. Love... like I loved Surim...

Taemin, had you already captured her heart? I looked closely at Surim. She didn't seem to be relaxed at all. Her gaze kept on following Key hyung. Her smile never reached her beautiful brown eyes...

Enough, I told myself firmly. I tore my gaze from Surim and focused on the TV, not even looking up when she got up to go in the direction of our fan room.

SURIM POV

I had finally gotten away from Taemin. I don't think I was quite over Key oppa yet, and skinship with Taemin seemed... too sudden. I picked up a large teddy bear with a key necklace and cuddled with it. I looked out and saw...

A BIG BROWN SPIDER, about the size of a NICKEL. have I mentioned my absolute phobia of bugs?

"OPPA!~~~~~~~~~~~~" I shrieked, dropping the bear and running to the forner of the room, as far away from the spider as I could. There was a bunch of commotion outside, and Taemin ran in holding a large squeaky hammer.

"What? What is it? Where?" he said in a rush.

"Spider! Spider, get rid of it, please! >o<" I cried, pressing myself against the wall. His eyes widened and he saw it too, just a few inches away from him.

"AH!~~~~~~~~~~~~" he yelled, dropped the hammer, and ran to join m against the wall. (AN: Shinee says that Taemin is scared of bugs, no kidding. It's in school of rock, you should watch it!)

So much for my Hero...

He grabbed my hand. Either his hand or my hand was extremely sweaty. Or maybe both were. The spider moved closer to us.

"HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" we both yelled.

The door burst open and SHINee piled in. Jonghyun oppa had a BB gun, Key oppa had a spatula, Minho oppa had a baseball bat, and Onew oppa had... a bucket of chicken? They looked around, their fear turning into annoyance.

"What was all of that?" Jjong complained. We wordlessly pointd at the spider. They followed our gaze to the spider, and scoffed.

"You made that big of a fuss... over... that?!" Onew oppa's expression was priceless. Minho oppa pulled out some tissues to kill the spider and Key oppa came over to comfort us. I watched Minho oppa grab the spider and squish it. I could hear the crunch from here. I shuddred violently and hugged Key oppa. He rubbed circles on my back, comforting me. I felt so saf in his arms. It felt... right, not like being in Taemin's arms.

I could stay like this forever.

But of course someone called him, and he let go.

"Hello? What? No, nothing! Really? Sure! But... But then... no, not at all. huh? oh, okay! six? see you!"

"...who was that?" I asked. I had a sinking feeling inside me. Only one person could make him smile like that...