Chapter 11

Striking Matches

Thanks so much for voting!! Key won. By two votes, over Taemin. Anyways, I'll work it all out. But it might take a while. Lots of twists and turns up ahead!! > < (maybe)

TAEMIN POV

I could NOT believe Minho hyung. What had he been thinking?! Surim was MINE!

Well... not yet. But she would be, soon enough. I dragged her to the balcony, and she followed me willingly enough. But when we reached the sliding glass doors, Key hyung was already there. I sighed and instead took Surim outside the dorm, in the apartment hallway. Key hyung had invited everyone on our floor, so I wasn't wooried about being caught. I turned around and faced Surim.

I opened my mouth to confess, but no words came out. She was looking at me with those big black eyes... "S...sorry about that," I said.

"It's okay, Taemin."

There was a huge awkward silence. Surim looked embarrassed, and she turned to leave.

"WAIT! Surim! I... I have something to tell you," I shouted. She looked at me expectantly. Dang it. This was harder than I had imagined it. The words stuck in my throat. "I... I... I love you!" I burst out.

She giggled. "I love you too, silly," she said, ruffling my hair playfully. I was crushed. This wasn't what I had pictured.

"No, no. You don't understand. I really do love you. LOVE you," I repeated, pumping emotion into my words.

"And I really love you too," Surim said. Now I was getting annoyed. Why didn't anyone take me seriously? Onew hyung. Jonghyun hyung. Noona... and now Surim. They all thought I was a sweet, cute maknae who didn't have deep feelings.

I took a step closer to Surim. She stepped back. We kept on going like this until she reached the wall. I took one final step closer to her.

"I said, I love you... Saranghae," I said, and leaned in, closer and closer... I closed my eyes.

Our lips met. For a moment I couldn't move. Fireworks were exploding inside my head. She HAD to take me seriously now.

SURIM POV

Taemin had me trapped against the wall. I could feel his breath on my face. I shut my eyes, and he leaned in... and he kissed me.

Surprisingly, I didn't feel anything. No faster heartbeat, no fireworks, nothing.

Give up on Key hyung... Minho oppa's voice said in my mind. Give others a chance...

So I tried. I tried to forget Key oppa and just focus on our kiss.

Taemin wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer, off of the wall and into him. I felt the tiniest shiver go up and down my back. My body started moving on its own accord, and I felt my arms went around Taemin's neck and I hugged him tight. He brushed my hair away from my face with his hand and hugged me again.

Suddenly there was a loud bang, and Jonghyun oppa's voice filled the hallway.

"Yah! No romance for you on my special day, Taemin!" We broke apart, panting a little. Taemin had a huge grin on his face.

"Sorry hyung. Gotta go, bye!" he pulled me with him into the dorm. He leaned down and whispered into my ear, "Saranghae, Surim-ah." His breath tickled my ear. There was silence and I knew he was waiting for an answer. I looked out at Key oppa, who was on the balcony. I still loved him... But Minho oppa was right. I had to give Taemin a chance.

"I... love you too, Taemin," I said softly, finally tearing my gaze from My Shining Star and looking up into Taemin's eyes. He smiled at me and hugged me again. It took a second, but I put my arms around him, too. I'll be waiting, Key oppa... I thought.

I still love you...