Chapter 1

Striking Matches

"Here are your schedules for this month. Now, don't forget it could fluctuate," said the director as he passed out each member's schedule.

There was a moment of silence as all of the shinee members looked at their busy month ahead.  When heads started to look up, the director dismissed them for their lunch and they left, playfully complaining about lack of sleep and free time. Onew raced ahead, enthusiastically chanting.

"Is it chicken? I vote chicken for lunch," he shouted. Jonghyun, Taemin, and Minho discussed their latest appearance on a show.

"It was terrible! I couldn't get rid of the garlic after taste for weeks! They shouldn't make us eat stuff like that," complained Minho, the victim of two rice cakes stuffed with raw garlic.

The others laughed at the memory. "Your breath was killing me! Our room smelled like your stinky breath for ages," added Taemin. They all laughed good-naturedly.

Meanwhile, Key stayed behind, packing his enormous bag. Today, everyone had been especially forgetful. Jonghyun had left his brand-new notebook, Taemin's glove from a noona was lying on his seat, Onew had forgotten his jacket, and Minho, surprisingly, had left his favorite book under his schedule. Key sighed with exasperation at the shinee members' irresponsibility.

"What would they do without me?" he murmered. Then he smiled. Maybe he would pretend not to have their things, just for a bit, to teach them a lesson.

The other members' voices had faded from the long hallway by the time Key made his way out to their van. The director always bought something good for them at the beginning of each month.

He could have easily taken the elevator, but he wanted to think. So, he swung his bag up more securely on his shoulder and started down the first of 6 stairwells to the ground floor.

Key thought about the noona that had chosen him to date for one day. He wanted someone like her to be his girlfriend. Someone who he could be himself around. He hardly remembered what that felt like...

His whole like felt like one big drama. They had told him a lot of his privacy would go away when he became a part of shinee, and he had understood. Or thought he had. This... this big fake was not what he had bargained for.

He was forced to constantly be on his guard and be careful not to be anything more or less than... well, himself. Shinee's Almighty Key...

Key sighedas he rounded the corner of stairwell 4. All he wanted was someone to love, someone who would love him, Kim Kibum, as himself. Not Key, the singer and dancer and rapper of Shinee. Just Kibum. The real him...

His thoughts wandered to his schedule. This month was the busiest yet. He had all his regular concerts and practices, as well as a drama, Striking Matches. He was to play the lead, a son of a rich person who harbored a secret, forbidden love for a girl. Typical korean drama...

He had reached the exit leading to the back parking lot. Key took a deep breath and forced the seriousness out of his mind. A smile spread across his face and he headed out to the van.

 

This is the first chapter... Can you just tell me if it is interesting, and if you want to read on? Thanks... Sorry for the terrible writing > < And I know its boring... but please keep on reading! Give me a chance