~6~

Ephemeral

*Unedited, please let me know if you spot any mistakes, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks. 

[ Thank you for reading, subscribing and upvoting. Enjoy! Let me know what you think so far ^_^]

 

 

"Luhan." Sehun whispered, holding his breath. His lungs had stopped functioning and he couldn't find his breath. Maybe it was because it was stolen by a certain short, honey haired boy with the most addictive lips and mellifluous laughter that was currently making his heart pound and his head light.

It was their first year anniversary. Sehun had planned to spend it simply, with a dinner and a walk afterwards because just being with Luhan was an exhilarating priceless gift, he didn't feel the need to do anything extravagant. But Luhan, Luhan had a different idea. After their dinner, Luhan had awkwardly blind-folded a towering Sehun and asked him to come with him. Sehun felt his stomach drop, the world spun around him and everytime he made an attempt to remove the cloth on his eyes to check why the world felt so off kilter, Luhan would swat his hands away with a "Patience Hunnie, patience," and proceed to intertwinning their fingers.

Finally, when Luhan told Sehun to bend down and removed the blind-fold, it took a few moments for Sehun to get oriented with his surroundings and when he eventually did, his knees went weak and his throat became tight with clogged emotion.

They were on a hot air balloon, many feet above the ground but what was below Sehun was clear as day despite it being night-time.

They were flying over a medium sized field but the natural expanse of greeness was not what moved Sehun. It was the writing in it. Hundreds of candles lay in the field, spelling out the words that would one day make Sehun choke with love and pain as he remembered.

'Sehun-ah, the night does not make promises

but I promise

I will love you forever'

the candles read.

"Lu-Luhan-ah." Sehun choked, unable to find the words to tell Luhan how much he loved him, how much he took his breath away, every single day, whether it was the small things he did like kiss Sehun's eyelids when he thought he was sleeping or extraordinary things like hot air balloon rides at night and heart-stoppingly sweet messages in candles. Sehun didn't know how to say it so beautifully the way Luhan did so he said it simply.

"Luhan-ah, I-I love you...S-so m-much," Sehun stuttered, like it hurt to breathe, like his love for Luhan was smothering him. Luhan smiled, muttering a soft "I love you more," before standing on his tips to press a pain-stakingly slow and sweet kiss to Sehun's lips. Sehun wrapped his arms around Luhan, pulling him closer and neither moved for the longest time. Maybe if their eyes were open, Sehun would have seen the tears b behind Luhan's closed lids.

 

 

 

 

Sehun wasn't drunk but by no means was he sober. He was definitely inebriated but it wasn't alcohol that had intoxicated and disoriented his senses. He staggered through the streets in a somewhat hurried fashion. He had to get home to Luhan.

"Wait for me Lu-deer, I'm coming." Sehun whispered to no one in particular, his voice a bit gleeful, tinged with just a little insanity.