~5~

Ephemeral

[Enjoy! Tell me what you think(^_^)]

 

 

 

"Sehun-ah, it's too bright in here. Pull down the blinds please." Luhan requested as he worked on some assigment for his Ecology class. Frowning in thought, Sehun did as Luhan asked but went to sit on his boyfriend afterwards.

"Luhan-ah?" Sehun said as he settled in Luhan's lap, ignoring the older boy's protest that he was working.

"Hmm?" Luhan finally gave in, hugging Sehun's waist. They looked ridiculous. Even though Sehun was younger, he towered over Luhan. Ridiculous as they might look, they looked cozy and untroubled.

"Are you allergic to sunlight?" Sehun asked, resting his head on top of Luhan's and taking in his scent.

"What do you mean?" Luhan's voice was muffled as he pressed his face to Sehun's side.

"Well I noticed you always want the blinds down on sunny days, you look uncomfortable when we're outside and it's bright and you always try to get us to go out on less brighter days." Sehun voiced his analysis.

"I just don't like the sun." Luhan replied, a little more subdued than his previous tone.

"What do you mean you don't like the sun?" Sehun was a little incredulous.

"Think about it Sehun-ah, the night is dark. It doesn't lie, it doesn't promise brighter days. It's just...dark. That's all you get. Darkness. But the day...Sometimes you forget because everything is so bright and looks cheerful and just maybe it's going to be okay but the next day comes and you're still wishing for the same thing. A brighter day. But the night never lies, not like that." Luhan said in a rush of one breath.Sehun was so confused, he didn't understand what Luhan was talking about, not in the least bit but he wanted to.

"Lu, I don't understand." Sehun admitted.

"It's okay Sehun-ah. If you understood, it would mean that you've ever felt what I've felt and I don't want you to ever feel like that." Luhan reassured the younger boy.

"Lu-" Sehun started to try and get his boyfriend to elaborate but Luhan pressed a soft kiss to his forehead and burried himself in the crook of Sehun's neck, as if he were trying to hide from the world, as if he were trying to disappear into Sehun.This habit was becoming more recurring. And maybe that should have been a warning bell. Or maybe Luhan's words should have been. But Sehun missed both. And like everything bitter about life, he only recalled them when there was abolsutely nothing to be done.

 

 

 

Sehun was feeling the five stages of grief, except in the wrong order. Where he should have been in denial, he'd felt blinding rage. But now, now he was in utter denial. Luhan, no Luhan was still with him. This wasn't right. It couldn't be right. So Sehun picked his battered pieces off the grass soddened with his tears or the rain, or both, and started walking in a dazed staggering gait, towards the cozy bungalow they shared.