Chen/Jongdae (Luckyoctopus)

Randomness that Started it all
A/N: Zilla's personal favorite
 
"Cmon Yoon Ren, I need you right now."
"Nope nope nope I am not doing that."
"You promised!!!"
"I have no idea what you're talking about."
Jongdae, or as I like to say, Chenchen/Mr. Whiny, was at it again. Why did he have to be so popular? Chenchen had won the election for student body president a few weeks back, and his old vice president backed out already, apparently too stressed out with the duties. Now he was trying to convince me to take the position. Again. But nope, no way in hell am I dealing with that. I already served a "half-term" as a treasurer then even stepped in as a secretary. None ended well. Jongdae confronted me once we reached my house for our usual hangout (we were childhood friends). He made his adorable monkey pouting face (why did I admit that....)
"Cmonn, please. There won't be a student gov. Without a V.P. You're the only one I know who can fill the spot."
I glared at him. "I didn't force you to run in the first place. All because of a stupid bet you made with Jongin about who would win. Looks like it bit you in the ."
Instead of usual snarky face, he wore a pained, hurt expression.
"What?"
"You really don't
remember our promise, do you?"
I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, simply cuz Jongdae actually looked sincere. Why was he so forlorn now?
"I'm sorry, I really dont know what youre talking about."
He turned away, getting up.
"...I think I should go home now."
He was heading towards the door when I stopped him.
"Whats up with you?"
He tried to budge but I held a firm grip.
"Chalk it up to your bad memory, Rennie."
Suddenly, that bad pet name brought back a surge of memories. It began to tie in. Rennie. Promise. Now Student Body President.
"....You actually remembered that...."
"And you didn't?"
Way back in elementary, we had a student government too (tho of course it was less stressful). It was the old feud between Jongin and Chenchen, thats when it began. But back then, it was easier to woo the voters cuz they were kids. Jongin bribed them with hotteok, easily winning the election. Jongdae was not only Mr. Whiny, he exacerbated it with crying. While he was sobbing, I became his consolation and voice of reason. "Chenchen, if you stop crying, I'll give you the hotteok Jongin gave me."
He stopped crying and gave me an incredulous look. "Mwo?? You accepted his bribe????" i laughed and patted his back. "Fine fine, next time, when we're in high school, run for student body president. If you win, ill be your vice president."
He flared his cheeks.
"And be my girlfriend too. Promise!!!!"
He had beads of tears still in his eyes. I sighed, not wanting to make him bawl any more. Its not like he will remember anyway.
"Fine, I proooomise."
 
"So? Will you own up to your promise, Rennie? ALL of it." Jongdae grinned. I flushed a tomato red, realizing we were still holding hands. "I-I'll be your VP!!!!" I sputtered. He grinned cheekily and tackled me onto my sofa.
"And my girlfrienddddddd too!!!!!"