07 | Killer

Invisible | Jungkook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

07

K I L L E R

 

It was all in the air. Ghost Jungkook and I could touch, we could kiss. Jungkook left and I hadn't seen him since that day.

Seokjin suddenly tapped on my desk and I looked up to him.

"Yes hyung?" I asked to see him looking at me, carrying some folders.

"Can you come talk to me in private?" he asked, looking at his office.

"Okay," I nodded, standing up and following him. The others watching us as we did, confused looks on their faces.

"I found this last night," he told me, handing one of the files to me. I skimmed over the contents.

Birth Certificate?

"Kim Min Jung? Who's this?" I asked him.

"The girl in that photo I'm pretty sure," his voice became croaky. "I think it's my sister."

"Really?" my eyes grew wide.

"I had a sister and I didn't even know," he sniffed. "There's someone out there who should be depending on me right now, but I don't even know her."

"Hyung, don't blame yourself for this, it's not your fault," I said, in a voice I hoped was soothing.

"I want to find her," he said, "She was adopted by someone. I need to look for her."

"I'll help you."

"Huh?"

"I'll help you find her," I told him.

"Really?"

"We all will," another voice approached from the door. We looked to see the rest of Bangtan standing there. "Geez did you think we were gonna let you off with carrying this by yourself?"

"Guys..."

"I'll look through the adopting records from 23-25 years ago," Yoongi said.

"I'll come with," Jimin cheered and linked his arm with his hyung and they walked out.

"Gimme the birth certificate, I'll look for similarities in the missing children's database," Namjoon said, taking the paper out of his hands and left with Taehyung. Hoseok remained and he sat in front of us.

"You guys don't have to do this," Seokjin said.

"But we want to. Besides, it'll be faster if we help," Hoseok said and he stood up to do to the meeting table where everyone else was doing there own things.

"This is a list of all the adoptions from 23-25 years ago, and this is a list of the missing children from then as well."

Seokjin leaned forward and squinted at the electronic table, "Okay! So now we need to sift through these 2000 kids and we'll get her!"

"Hyung don't be such a downer. We're Bangtan! We can do anything!" Jimin whined.

"Alright then," Seokjin sighed and syarted sifting through the data.

All the cases that were reported out of Seoul were ignored because the birth certificate stated that she was born in Seoul. Seokjin told us that his mother had lived in Seoul her whole life so all the cases relevant to this city were the only ones that stayed.

Suddenly a familiar name came across on the paper and I stopped skimming.

Kim Tae Won?

"That's my mother's name," I told them.

"Your mother? Does that mean she adopted someone?"

"But I don't have any siblings."

"Maknae-yah," Jimin said slowly.

"Oh my gosh," I connected the dots. "No way."

"This might not be your mother," Taehyung said.

I lifted the paper and examined it, reading every little detail, in the hopes that I was wrong.

"It really is her," my voice broke, "does that mean that I'm adopted?"

"Uhm," Yoongi said, scratching the back of his neck.

My vision started to become blurry with the thought that my mother looked after me all these years even though I wasn't her real daughter? She treated me like her own but I actually wasn't?

"Can I... Can I take a-"

"Yeah, I'll take you home Tae Hee-yah, you can have the rest of the day off."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter