14 | Epilogue Part Two

Invisible | Jungkook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14

E P I L O G U E   P A R T   T W O

 

JUNGKOOK POV

It had been a year but it still hurt. It hurt me so much to watch her living on without me. It hurt to know that I would never be able to touch her again, feel her warmth again, feel her kiss again. 

It hurt so damn much.

But every time she smiled, I did too. Every time she showed some sign of happiness on her face, I felt ecstatic. It's good to know that my choice to leave and protect her didn't result in long-term grieving or pain (although it was painful to watch her mourn the first few months). 

I left for her to be happy.

And she is. 

Today was just like any other day. 

She still worked at the Police Department with those six idiots (I honestly don't understand why she hasn't run away screaming yet) and she still loved her job.

I watched as she pushed past the doors, swiftly dodging  all the other workers' files, boxes and coffees, clutching onto her own cup of coffee tightly. 

She strode into the elevator and pressed the top floor. As soon as the doors were about to close, someone held their arms up and she saw through the glass, quickly pressing the 'open' button. The doors retreated, opening wide again. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter