10 | Suspect?

Invisible | Jungkook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

10

S H E   K N O W S

 

10

Jin had called me into his office the moment Jungkook and I walked in.

"Yes hyung?" I poked my head around the door but was surprised when I found him with his head buried in his hands. "What's wrong hyung?" I asked, rushing to his side.

"I-I think I found something out last night," he stuttered.

"What do you mean?"

"I found out that the person whom I had loved the most in this world is the complete opposite to who I thought she was," he said as a tear slipped from his eye.

"Wh-who?" I asked, nervous because I realised what he was talking about.

"My mother," he said, hiccuping and letting out a gush of tears.

"Jin hyung, listen to me, don't jump to conclusions-"

"You knew?" his voice now trembling and his puppy dog eyes looking into mine.

"I-I had a feeling."

"And you hid it from me this whole time?"

"I-"

"I'm so sorry Tae Hee-yah," he said, looking to the floor. "I don't deserve to be within the same room as you."

"Hyung there was no way you could have known," I said, taking his hands into mine, "It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself."

"But-"

"Hyung, how were you meant to know? You were raised to love your mother, you did nothing wrong," someone's voice spoke up and I turned to see Jungkook walk in and pull himself into a seat next to him. "You were being an amazing son," he wiped at Seokjin hyung's cheeks and squeezed his shoulders. "We grew up in an environment where you were the oldest hyung. You had to set an example for all us misfits and you did, you were an amazing son and that's the best thing you have done," he leant forward and pulled Seokjin's chair forward in between his thighs so he could wrap his arms around him. "You did fine."

“Jungkook-ah," he whispered and Jungkook pulled his mouth up with his fingers into a smile.

"Let's get through this together."

"So that means t-that..." Yoongi's voice whispered as we stood around the electrical table.

"The woman we grew up to call-"

"Eomma..."

"Is actually..."

"A murderer?!"

 

"It's too late, hyung," I whispered.

"Statute of limitations in our precinct is 13 years because we filed for this exception," Seokjin said as he hurriedly walked around the table and into his office, bringing out files.

"Hyung don't do this..." Jimin said, holding his arm.

"No! I have to! I can't sit back and watch this woman make matters worse," his arms flailing all over the place and he flipped open the first folder.

"You rushing into things like this is making matters worse, hyung," Taehyung said, taking the files from him.

"You know you don't have to do this," Jungkook said, his hand running up and down Seokjin's arm, "Just let it be."

"No." he said curtly, "I'm never going to do that. We have a month left, a month to gather evidence, video tapes, weapons, documents-"

"Hyung it's been 12 years! Do you think that's even possible?"

"Yes," he surprised us by saying, "I do believe it's possible because if I didn't, I would be damned, wouldn't I?" he snatched the files back from Taehyung. "If you guys aren't gonna help I'll just do it myself," he sighed and started walking back to his office but Namjoon and Hoseok ran in front of him, stopping him.

"Who said we weren't gonna help?"

 

"Baby," I heard Jungkook whisper and I looked up to see him sitting down next to me.

I sighed and looked to him, "Yes?"

"Are you mad at me?”

“For what?” I asked, hoping he would just drop it.

“I don’t know,” he said, and I felt his eyes boring into my scalp, but I kept looking straight forward. “See you can’t even look at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter