01 | Special Crimes

Invisible | Jungkook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

01

S P E C I A L   C R I M E S

 

It was my first day at my new workplace and I felt my body fill with excitement as well as anxiety.

I was the new detective at the Seoul Police Department and although I had studied this thoroughly, this was my first time actually doing the practical.

Opening the door, I looked around to see many people in uniforms as well as detectives like me walking around carrying coffee. I looked down to my own cup of coffee and laughed, great minds think alike.

One of the uniforms looked to me and asked me if I needed anything.

"Actually, I'm Kim Tae Hee, the new detective in Special Crimes," I said.

"Oh. Yes. Special Crimes, come this way," he said and started walking down the corridor and entered an elevator. "You're lucky, this quarter doesn't accept new people."

"Huh?" I asked, looking up at him. But I didn't have any experience before this. I'm not anyone special.

The doors were finally released and my mouth fell open. The place was HUGE. The first thing I saw was the large plasma screen TV that was plastered across the whole wall in front of me. In front of it were seven large sofas, the ones with the option to stretch it out into single sized beds. Looking around I saw seven glass cubicle offices in the corners and next to each other. In front of the offices was one large table with 7 seats around it, the table seemed like one of those electronic ones too. The last thing in the 'room' was the kitchen, pristine and clean, as if no one had used it before, but I smiled as I rested my eyes on the bin to see potato chip wrappers and coffee cups.

"This place is one of a kind," the man in uniform said before entering the elevator again. I took a quick look at his nametag before he left.

Kim Young Woon

"Did you guys hear the eleva-" I heard someone say before they stopped when they saw me. I looked to see a man staring at me.

"H-Hello," he stuttered as he bowed to me.

"Hello, I'm Kim Tae Hee, the new de-"

"OH HI!" someone else's voice shot up and I turned around to see someone run up to me. He smiled broadly and blinked his huge eyes at me. "I'm Jung Hoseok!"

"Hi," I replied, bowing to him.

"So you're the new recruit," one other man's voice approached and I looked to see two people walking in, one with their arm over the other.

"Hello, I'm Kim Tae Hee," I bowed.

"Kim Taehyung and this is Park Jimin," they bowed.

"Taehyungie, you guys have such similar names, I would believe you if you said you were siblings," the man who I saw first spoke up.

"I'm Kim Seokjin by the way," he laughed and walked over to me. Draping his arm over my shoulders, he led me to an empty office. I felt my heart start to beat faster and faster. How was he okay with this much contact when we had just met?

"This is your office," Taehyung said from behind me.

"Oh, okay," I said. I didn't think I was going to get my own office, I didn't even have anything to put in there.

"Do you wanna leave your stuff in there?" Jimin asked me. I turned to him and laughed, making the centre of my eyebrows rise.

"I don't have anything to put in there."

"Oh, okay, that works too," he smiled and I noticed his eyes shrink as if they were never there.

"Is this the whole team?" I asked.

"No, we still have Yoongi hyung and Namjoon hyung, they're just gone to buy some jajjungmyeon and ramyeon to fill the fridge.

"Oh, okay," I nodded, looking to the floor.

"Let's brief you on the rules we have here," Seokjin said and walked over to the meeting table while the rest of us followed.

I sat in the middle of Hoseok and Taehyung and Seokjin and Jimin sat across from us.

"Okay, the first rule is that we never leak information, photos or results of our cases to people other than us seven," Seokjin said.

I nodded.

"Second is that if you're not willing to risk your life for us, you shouldn't be here," Taehyung continues.

I nodded.

"Third is that you can't say no when we going to do stakeouts or undercover operations because we have limited assets," Hoseok said.

"The last one is," Jimin smiled at me, "we treat each other like family. We don't want to hear no Detective Park crap. And to make us more comfortable with you, call us your hyungs."

"Huh? Hyung?" I asked. I've never called anyone that before... well I am a girl.

"Yes, hyung. You are a year younger than Taehyung and I, the maknaes of the team, so we are all your hyungs."

"O-Okay," I didn't think I was comfortable with it but I might get used to it.

"SORRY WE'RE LATE!" a voice boomed and I turned to see two guys walking through the glass elevator doors holding plastic bags of food.

"Hyung, our new recruit is here," Hoseok said.

"Oh hello I'm Yoongi," he held his hand out to me.

"Kim Tae Hee," I took his hand.

"Wah. Taehyung-ah, your sister!" the other one said laughing as he held his hand to me. "Kim Namjoon."

"So what were you guys doing?" Yoongi said, sitting down at the table and Namjoon sat down as well.

"We told her our rules," Seokjin said.

"Yeah, and since none of us is comfortable with 'oppa' we told her to call us her hyungs," Jimin added.

"I'm okay with 'oppa'," Yoongi winked at me.

"Wow hyung," Taehyung laughed.

"Okay let's state our positions at crime scenes be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter