11 | Winning

Invisible | Jungkook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11

W I N N I N G

 

23 Days until Statute of Limitations

"Kim Tae Hee, bring me that surveillance footage please!" I heard Hoseok yell from the table.

"Yes!" I yelled back and swiftly took the papers off my desk and slipped past the doorways.

"Jungkook-ah do you still have that knife from the landfill?!"

"I'll get it from downstairs hyung!" Jungkook ruffled my hair as we past each other.

Being friends with 8 police officers helped in all the Jungkook mess. You'd think people would ask questions about someone coming back to life but with all the paperwork Namjoon and Seokjin did, it went unnoticed.

"We're halfway there Tae Hee-yah," Seokjin said, with an almost triumphant smile on his face.

I don't know why but it almost hurt me to see it.

"Yes hyung, you're right," I nodded.

"NAMJOON-AH THE RELEASE PAPERS!" Yoongi screamed and I heard Namjoon huff and run across the room to his office.

"Here are the video files hyung," I said to Hoseok and dropped the box on the table.

"GUYS!" a loud voice boomed from someone's office.

"WHAT DO YOU ING WANT?!" Yoongi screamed from his own office.

"COME HERE!" the voice who I came to realise was Jimin's yelled back.

I sighed and stood up to go to his office. As I walked past everyone else, I saw them heaving themselves off the sofas and with their shoulders drooped shuffle to Jimin's office.

When I got there, Taehyung was fast asleep with his legs draped over the sofa. Jungkook went to wake him up but-

"No no no no!" Let him sleep!" Jimin hushed and I laughed.

"Okay, so this knife – GUYS listen!" Jimin said, turning and ing the papers in front of Hoseok and Jungkook's faces as they were stretching Taehyung's face, painting on it with a Sharpie.

"Wow hyung sleeps like a baby," I whispered to Namjoon.

"GUYS I'M TRYING TO TALK!" Jimin stood up, fed up with their antics.

"Okay, okay, Jimin-ah, we're listening," Seokjin chuckled and went around the desk to massage his shoulders while Namjoon dragged Hoseok and Jungkook off of Taehyung's lap over to us. As soon as Jungkook came over, he slipped his hand into mine and squeezed it.

"I just made a replica of this knife," Jimin said, showing us his replica and holding it with his right hand. "When stabbing someone, they would do this, wouldn't they?" Jimin punched the air in front of Namjoon as he jumped back, scared.

"Yah!"

"When they do that, you see this bit?" Jimin put the knife down and pointed to his thumb.

"Did you call me out of my work just to look at your ing white thumb?" Yoongi asked, obviously agitated.

"But what is the one thing we keep forgetting about Mrs Kim?" Jimin continued, ignoring Yoongi.

"Uhm..." Namjoon looked around, thinking and then clicked his fingers at Jimin, "She's left handed!"

"Exactly!" Jimin's face lit up and he jumped over the table. "Which means when striking someone, she had to swing the knife this way," he showed us. "And through this action, look at what happens to the thumb."

Jimin held his knife up and we saw a black mark down the tip of it.

"That means..."

"Are you saying that her blood will actually be on the knife?"

"Yes, there should be," Jimin nodded, putting the knife replica on the table.

"But it's been so long," Hoseok said.

"I tested this bit of the real knife that we got from the landfill and it tested positive for Mrs Kim's blood," he said, his eyes firing.

"Good job man," Seokjin pat his shoulders.

 

15 Days until Statute of Limitations

"Guys we only have 15 days until the statute of limitations is up," Namjoon said to all of us as I yawned and stretched my legs on the sofa. My eyes flicked open and widened at the sight of Jungkook's face smiling down at me.

"Yah!" I hissed at him, embarrassed and anxious for what the others were going to say.

"They saw us already, don't worry," he smirked and I kept hitting his arm.

"You two lovebirds can y'all come over and help if you're awake?" Taehyung asked, his chin on the end of the sofa.

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks as I shoved Jungkook off and he fell with am 'Oof' and then stepped over him to sit at the table with the others.

"This is the video footage from the petrol station two blocks away of the warehouse," Namjoon pressed the button to the projector. The video played and we could see Mrs Kim driving a large van past the petrol station both ways.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter