04 | Unknown Killer

Invisible | Jungkook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

04

U N K N O W N   K I L L E R 

 

[A/N – everything in italics are Jungkook's words in Tae Hee's head]

"What do you mean?"

"I need you to help me find out what happened in my death."

"Why me?"

"You are the only person who seems to be able to see me and I think that's because you're the only person who can help me."

Me? I'm the worst person to ask help from.

"But there has to be a reason as to why you're the only one able to see me," he told me.

"Okay, so what? I help you find out what happened to you, and then what? What do I get out of it?" I asked.

I­­­­­ wasn't normally a selfish person, I hardly ever looked for how certain things benefit me when asked for help, but right now I couldn't deal with this anymore.

"I can help you find your mother's killer," he said.

"What?"

"I can help you find your mother's killer," he repeated.

"How? That incident happened 12 years ago, no trace of anything remains," I said.

"That's just what you think," he said, smiling, "I am a ghost you know."

"So what? What does that do? What does that help?"

"Let's just say that I have my sources," he replied.

I thought about it. The real reason I became a detective was to find that man, maybe this is a good idea.

"Yeah, it is, so what do you say?" he asked.

"Okay, fine, but I don't know what I could do to help you anyway."

"Trying," he said, looking deep into my eyes, "that would help me a lot."

"Okay," I nodded, feeling flustered under his gaze. "What do you want me to do first?"

"Sleep," was his quick response before he faded into the air again.

 

I was at home half an hour later and went straight to take a shower before sleeping.

The second I closed my eyes, it was as if I had just turned a movie on, scenes of my mother's death played in front of me.

One thing that I hadn't told Jungkook was that I was kidnapped with her, and had watched her die. I was only 10 and I couldn't do anything to help, it haunted me every day.

This was a nightmare I had played in my head again and again. It was something that I could never stop, because of the guilt I felt and I hated it. Watching the killer laugh and walk away scared me, as if they were strong enough to overthrow anyone and anything.

Before I knew it, my eyes shot open and I was staring into the darkness of my room. My cheeks were wet and my hair was a mess, I knew that I had been pulling at it and crying while sleeping. I stood up and walked to the kitchen to get some water.

When I closed the refrigerator door, the dark figure in front of me made me drop my glass and scream. 

"Hey, hey, hey, baby, it's me," he said, stepping into the small light of the refrigerator.

"Jungkook-ssi?"

"Yeah, me," he said.

"What are you doing here?"

"You had trouble sleeping so I thought I would pay you a visit," he replied, walking over to the couch and sitting in it. I turned the light on and sat next to him.

"How can you sit on the couch?"

"I can touch inanimate objects," he said, "I just can't touch objects that have life."

Like me.

"Yes, like you."

"So this is going to be a regular thing?" I asked.

"What is?"

"Me talking to you, meeting you," I said.

"I guess so," he replied.

I laughed. "I'm talking to a ghost. I must be mad. I'm actually talking to a ghost."

He laughed too, "If I was still alive, I wouldn't even accept the fact that ghosts exist."

"Yeah, well, not like I have anything better to do with my time."

"Ouch," he said, pretending to be hurt.

"So you knew my co-workers?" I asked.

"Yeah, remember how Jimin hyung told you that they all grew up together, that their parents were friends even before they were born?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, I was included in that too. My mom was friends with their parents as well."

"So they are like your brothers? They are really nice people," I said to him.

"I know," he looked sad. "They were the reason I decided not to leave, they would be so hurt if I did."

"So..." I said awkwardly, trying to change the topic.

He laughed, "You're cute when you're awkward."

"What did you like to do in your spare time?"

"I... don't remember," he said slowly.

"Oh... right," I closed my mouth and nodded.

"What about you? What do you do in your spare time?" he asked, noticing that the conversation was going nowhere.

"I like to draw," I told him.

"Draw? Really? Can I see?" he asked.

"Uhm..." I thought about it. He wouldn't criticize me if it's bad, right?

"No, I won't," he said.

"Huh?" I looked up to see him smiling at me, "Oh... right."

"So? Can I see?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter