05 | Okay?

Invisible | Jungkook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

05

O K A Y ?

 

"Mom!" Seokjin yelled as soon and he knocked on the door.

"Hold on!" someone's voice said as they opened the door. Her eyes widened as her eyes scanned through all of us and she smiled. "Come in my children."

We all filed into the living room of her house and they boys started hugging her one by one. She finally got to me and smiled.

"Now who is this beautiful lady?"

"This is Kim Tae Hee, our new employee," Yoongi said.

"Your new daughter," Seokjin surprised me by saying.

Huh?

"Well then," she held my hands in hers, "I'd love to get to know you!"

"Yes mother," I nodded and she laughed, pulling me over to the dinner table.

"So, tell me," she started, "where did you get these amazing clothes from?"

 

After the thorough talk with Seokjin's mother, she excused herself to get dinner ready and I looked around the house for the boys. When I reached a small room, curiosity got the best of me, making me slip inside and look around.

It was full of photos. Not just photos but large canvases of printed pictures. The first one was family shot, Seokjin and his parents. The next was of Seokjin and a few of his friends from school I'm guessing. Then I got to one which was covered by a thick white blanket, covered in dust, leaning against a small stool on the floor. It was the largest of them all and I crouched down to lift it up a little.

I gasped when I saw it. There was a photo of a small kid, maybe around five years old, and in his hands was a small baby. But the kid, I could've sworn I saw Seokjin in him, the pointy nose, the pouting lips. I was almost sure.

The door burst open and I dropped the blanket immediately, standing up and looking at the figure in the doorway.

'What're you doing in here?" the person whom I came to realise was Seokjin's mother, said.

"Sorry, I dropped my earring," I said, fiddling with my ear, "There, I put it on."

She smiled and walked over to me, putting her hands on my shoulders, ushering me out, "I made my famous chicken soup, I want to see what you think of it."

I found myself in the living room in a few seconds and the eyes of the rest of the boys all on me.

"H-Hi," I felt obliged to say something as I took my seat between Jimin and Seokjin's mother.

The all kept their eyes on me as I lifted the spoon full of soup and drank it up.

"So?" Jimin asked and they all leaned forward as if I was judging a competition.

"It's really good!" I said and I literally saw a wave of relief wash over then as they sat back properly in their seats.

"Okay, let's begin!"

 

Soon enough the day was over and I was getting a ride home in Jimin's car.

"Namjoon hyung got a call from H just recently for a case so the boys have gone back to HQ," he said, looking at me through the mirror, "We'll fill you in about it when you come in tomorrow."

"Are you guys going to start on it now?"

"Yeah," he replied.

"I can come," I said, suddenly feeling left out.

"No, we can't ask you to work over time like that," he shook his head.

"No, really, its fine, I have nothing to do anyway."

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yes," I laughed, "I'm sure."

"Okay then," he said, taking a U-Turn and heading to the office once again.

My first all-nighter at my new job. I wonder what it'll be like.

 

We got to the office and as soon as the doors opened, the boys threw Jimin a vest and looked at me with a confused expression.

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh she-"

"I asked if I could come," I said, cutting Jimin off, "I didn't want to make you guys work alone."

"Bu-"

"You said we were a team, didn't you?" I asked and a small smile crept along Namjoon's face.

"Alright then," he said.

"I'LL GET THE FEMALE VEST!" Taehyung yelled behind all their heads and we took turns in the elevator.

"So uhm, where are we going?" I asked as we followed Namjoon through the foyer.

"Oh, right, we will brief you on what we had just done but a quick summary is that after watching a few security videos and doing some background research we tracked the perp's rental car to a highway on the way to the airport."

"Oh okay," I nodded.

"Which is why we are going to catch him right now," Taehyung clarified if it wasn't already obvious.

"Thank you," I bowed.

"It's okay," he shrugged, looking proud that he helped explain something and when we reached our cars we hopped in and started.

"Thanks for joining Tae Hee-yah," Taehyung said. It was actually the first time I heard my name come out of his mouth.

"It's alright," I smiled at him and returned my gaze to my window.

I wonder what's happening to Jungkook. I hadn't heard from him all day. Was he really mad at me?

"We're here," Jimin hissed and got out of the car as soon as he stopped. I followed them and checked that my gun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter