BATTERED AND BRUISED

Foolish
Arrrghhh!! Who does Gerald think he is? First he disturbed my moment of lustful reverie. Then he goes on criticizing the man of my ultimate desires. And now, stomping out of sight like a toddler in their terrible-twos phase! That man is seriously messed up and whatever is up his , he shouldn’t be taking it out on me!

I have finally had one of the best highlights of my life and I can’t even enjoy it knowing that Gerald is mad at me! I had waited years and years to finally be asked out by Josh. Although he didn’t actually officially ask me out yet, that half-hint of interest is still a great triumph in my part. Trust Gerald to ruin it for me!

I know I always tell myself not to let him get to me, but I can’t help it. There’s always a dark cloud hanging over me making me feel so lifeless whenever we have a fight. The rest of my afternoon turned out quite dismal. I had to fight the urge to stop by the bar to talk to Mel. Knowing Gerald, he’s probably there hammering away. He normally puts all his energy into his work whenever he’s upset.

Dismissing my plans on “running into” Josh at 4pm while he does his daily jogging routine, I headed to mom and dad’s instead. Bad idea!

Mom: Two years in the business and already, you were so close to the top of that ladder darling! You have that much potential! Why the hell did you quit while you were on your prime?! Are you doing this on purpose to give me a heart attack and end my life sooner?

She put on a whole huge drama act, as if it’s the end of the world as we know it just because I decided to buy a bar and move back home.

“I have always planned to stay in this town. It’s a great place…everyone knows each other’s business, plus I have a great view of the lake from my place. What’s wrong with wanting that?”

Mom: That’s completely fine darling, if you are retiring. Make a name for yourself, show me that you can be successful…only then will I be happy with your impulsive decision about buying that booze and grimy men infested place.

Dad: Bev, are you still giving my baby here a hard time? When are you going to leave her alone? Be nice to our kids dear. Remember, they’ll choose which nursing home to put us someday. Besides, everybody loves her bar. It’s a great outlet for the locals to catch up with each other. She’s her own boss and she loves what she does. I’d say, she’s highly successful.

While everyone was calling me crazy, Dad was the only one who was very supportive with my decision to quit my advertising job and settle for a less glamorous life back home. Mom still has not been able to come to terms with my “regrettable decision”.

“I love you daddy. And don’t worry, you will be living with me when you get old and you’ll be treated like a king with a lifetime supply of chocolate ice cream.”

Mom: Kimberly, stop messing around! I want to see you apply yourself darling. I’m only nagging so you can be the best that I know you can be. I want you to fulfill your potential darling. You’re a very smart kid. You and Matt. See where his intelligence had taken him. If you would only give your future some importance honey, you’d be there too. This is reality darling. Sure we all wish to end up settled in some nice little town but you have to gather up some serious big bucks first before retiring. What are you going to feed my grandchildren?

“Uhm mom, have you forgotten that I am the main cook at my bistro? I’m sure I can feed them if I ever give you some grandchildren. Besides, I’ve read in some alcoholics’ magazine that there are nutrients in beer. Rest-assured my grandkids won’t starve.”

Mom: Darling you don’t want to make enough just to make ends meet. You want to be able to give your kids everything…great education, all those dancing, karate, piano, gymnastics lessons that we were able to give you.

My mom was born with money. Her dad was a big-time lawyer and my grandmother was a wealthy heir. She refuses to believe that she could have made us all happy without all that money.

“I don’t want a lot of money mom. I just want to make enough to provide for myself and my family. I just want a simple life with no huge social gatherings to show off my useless and ridiculously expensive collections. There’s something so shallow about that whole ‘my stuff are better than yours’ kind of show.”

Dad: Don’t mind your mother baby. We are very proud of you. I am very proud of your principles and your amazing ability to drop all those materialistic things and do what really makes you happy. Obviously you got that from me.

Mom: I miss my boys Matt and Gerald. You two are always conspiring against me!

Dad and I just rolled our eyes and exchanged smiles. She is in one of those moods and pretty soon, we wouldn’t be surprised to see tears to go with her wallowing.

Mom: If you don’t want to take your career seriously, can you at least bring home a potential husband already? Stop wasting your time looking for true love. Most women are happy to settle on someone practical.

“Okay mom, I think it’s time to see a doctor about this whole mid-life crisis. You’re starting to scare me.”

I can’t believe I once resided in her womb and depended on her for dear life.

Dad: You settle down when you feel the time is right baby. You’ll find someone great…someone deserving of your good and loving nature.

I left my parents’ place feeling more miserable than ever. At least mom’s nagging had taken my mind off Gerald for an hour. I hate not talking to him, not being able to reach out to him whenever I want to. There’s something so depressing about not having Gerald in my life. Of course, there is no way that I would make the first move towards reconciliation. I would just have to let my sadness melt away through sleep.

***********************************************************

I did some grocery shopping and drove around for a while so I didn’t make it back home until after 8. My heart pounded hard in my chest as I noticed an uncharacteristic noise coming from inside my house. My suspicions rose as I noticed tiny lights flickering around the kitchen area. My apprehension and nervousness reached an all-time high as I noticed a shadow looming inside my kitchen.

Crap! What is one supposed to do in an event of a break-in? First thing, I have to get myself a weapon. That’s what they do in those action movies right? Damn! I have to make a mental note to start watching CSI.

Okay, focus Kimberly! This is a real crime scene. There’s bound to be a weapon among these groceries! Hmmm…tomatoes...ice cream…aha! Cucumber! Or maybe not…not long nor hard enough to do any damage. Geez, why didn’t I get any canned goods today of all the days?

I noticed a tree branch as I snuck in through the back door. Perfect! I felt the thrill as I was so close to capturing this criminal. Soon enough, I will be hailed as the town’s brave heroine, a woman of courage and strength. Think of all the other places and belongings, not to mention possible casualties, that got spared because I have captured this bandit!

The place was fairly dark with only a very dim, flickering light coming from the kitchen. I could hear the bastard flushing my toilet bowl. You messed with the wrong woman, buster!

Clutching the huge stick at hand, I raised my weapon and stood just outside the toilet, ready to pounce. I did not take any chances…I charged at the burglar’s face as soon as the door opened bashing with all my might.

“Take that you ! You picked the wrong house to burgle you fool!”

I whacked him a couple of times more in the head before I recognized my invader who at this time was covering his precious battered face with his hands.

Gerald: Aaahhhhh!!! ! Ouch!! Kim!! Sttooooppp!!! Jesus woman! Stop!

“Gerald?!”

Gerald: Yes Kim! It’s me! Will you stop clobbering me with that twig?

“What the hell are you doing burglarizing my place?”

By this time, he was gently rubbing his cheeks, cringing in pain.

Gerald: Kimberly, I am not a burglar! Seriously woman! A few more years hanging out with you and God knows where they would find my battered, clobbered, lacerated body!

“Ikaw naman kasi! Someone was lurking in my home, what did you expect? ! You’re bleeding! I’m so sorry Ge…I was acting in self defense. Here let me help you to the couch. I’ll just get my first aid kit, okay?”

Great. Now I have to nurse an added load of guilt!

Gerald: Aw! Dahan dahan naman Kim!

“Well, you gotta stay still. I’m trying to put some antiseptic it’s not like I’m doing surgery on you! I’m being as gentle as I can.”

Gerald: I wouldn’t be in a lot of pain now if you haven’t clobbered me with a branch!

“It’s a twig, and I’m really sorry. I promise I’ll make it up to you okay? I’m really sorry Ge.”

Gerald: I’m due for another bruise anyway since my forehead had healed. I guess I had it coming.

“You know what? I’ll bake you my special blueberry cheesecake that you love so much. And I’ll take you to the movies… you can order as much popcorn and as much choc tops as you want. It’s all on me.”

Gerald: I don’t know if that would be enough bribery not to file a lawsuit...Think of all the compensation money I can get!

“Honey, I don’t think you have the guts to send me to jail. You love me too much and besides, who is going to take care of your everyday meals?”

Gerald: Dammit it! You’re right you spoiled brat. You’re the reason for my lifetime need of paracetamol but you’re like a pimple or a fungus infection. You’ve grown on me.

“Oh how nice! I wonder how this isopropyl alcohol would feel when I pour it all over this cut on your forehead?”

Gerald: Don’t you dare Kimmy!

“Hey, don’t you get up yet, I’m not finished. You need a band-aid.”

Gerald: I can do that myself. You stay away from any cuts and bruises on my body woman or I swear to God, I am going to pin you down and have my way with you!

“Promises, promises… You’re such a big baby Gerald! Even little kids can handle a little sting from alcohol. Too bad, I was gonna do the whole motherly treatment complete with kissing your bruises better!”

Gerald: Damn! Okay, I can handle wound care. I’m sitting down now. Do me.

“You’ve had your chance and you lost it buddy! Quit pouting like a child there and tell me what on earth are you doing in my house and why the hell did you break in like a criminal?”

Gerald: I wanted to surprise you with a nice candlelight dinner…as an apology. You know I can’t stand it when you’re mad at me. I felt really bad about this morning and I couldn’t get any work done after that.

“You cooked?! You never cook! And you can’t cook!”

Gerald: I know! I actually opened mom’s cookbook for the first time today. Damn the power you have over me, woman!

“It’s edible right? Or is this part of your plot to cause me bodily harm?”

Gerald: It’s you who has that plot remember? Hey, I worked all afternoon in the kitchen! It better be edible! Your dad actually helped through the phone and he was also the one who told me where you keep your spare keys.

“I was there earlier. I wonder why he didn’t mention a thing?”

Gerald: Probably because mom didn’t give him a chance to in a single word.

“God, don’t get me started with mom!”

***********************************************************

“Wow, this is actually surprisingly, very impressive Ge! If this is how you apologize everytime, you might actually end up becoming my favourite family member.”

Gerald: I am so telling dad you said that!

“I’m sorry but you don’t fit in that category of family members…you’re more like a pet…not really blood related but we love you nonetheless.”

Gerald: Oh Kimmy! Only you can call someone a dog in the sweetest kind of way, it sounds too cute to be an insult.

“Hey, dogs ARE cute! But really Ge, thank you for this nice dinner. Thank you for feeding me even after I beat you up.”

Gerald: I must be crazy, but you’re very welcome hun. I really thought you were so mad at me that you had every intention to cripple me!

“And risk being stuck looking after a crippled Gerald for the rest of my guilty life? Puhleeeze! I have much more sense than that!”

Gerald: I couldn’t concentrate today. I really can’t stand it when you’re mad at me hun. I hate it when we’re not talking, it just really breaks my heart.

“Same here Ge. I have to swallow my pride and admit that I felt really bad when you walked out. I couldn’t even celebrate my triumph with Josh. All I wanted is for us to be okay again.”

Gerald: I’m sorry for snapping at you like that Kimmy. I should have been happy for you.

“Don’t be sorry Ge. I was too caught up with Josh I didn’t even ask how you were. I was talking to dad earlier and he thought that maybe while I was having my moment of fun, you were dealing with some issues of your own. You might have needed some company, I should have been more attentive. I know I’m not the best or the most supportive friend but you know you can talk to me about anything right? I realize that with Matt gone and your parents overseas, I’m one of your remaining next of kins and I should be there for you.”

Gerald: You know what I could really use right now?

“Name it buddy…as long as it doesn’t involve going through my life savings or selling me out to those bikies, I’m all for it!”

Gerald: A hug?

“Geez you’re way too easy! Come here you!”

Somewhere along that extra long moment where my body was stranded in a tight embrace against his, my tears fell. I don’t know what happened nor could I explain why but they just fell. I wanted to stay that way forever…with Gerald…not Josh…not any other person…but Gerald! What is happening to the world? Why am I going through this sudden emotional state with Gerald? To add insult to injury, I was also as hell. My loins were betraying my long-time plans with Josh. Dammit! Behave girl! Think uny thoughts!

(‘I kissed a girl, and I liked it…I hope my boyfriend don’t mind it…I kissed a girl just to try it…’)

Okay maybe this song is not the best choice for uny. It’s making me think of his lips! Oh crap! I have to move back before I give in to that nasty urge to nibble on his neck. Am I turning into a vampire?!

He sensed my cue to let go of the embrace but instead of giving me freedom, he pulled me back in tighter…if that was even possible. At least I was not the only one emotional and teary-eyed…he was crying too! He buried his head on my shoulder so I won’t notice but I’m a woman for heaven’s sake. I know these things.

I would like to believe that those emotions were a product of the grievous physical harm that I have earlier caused. However, Gerald Jr. made himself known in the most provocative way…against my pelvis…and there was no mistaking it for a torch! The electricity and heat that we were absorbing from each other have caused our groins to start misbehaving badly! A very dangerous start for a possible chain of events that can only lead to disastrous consequences!

! I could feel him kissing my shoulders in the most delectable, excitable way, but I was enjoying the feel of his hot mouth too much to protest. I am in big trouble! The second his hungry lips touched the soft skin on my neck, I was done for!

With my insides already intensely ignited, was just second nature to his delightful lips. I knew I had to put an end to this before it gets too far but my body parts seemed to be on labour strike. I dared open my eyes to meet his molten gaze and I wished I hadn’t. He claimed my lips in the most gentle, and pleasurable way, it was too good to pass up.

There was an ongoing battle between my good and evil inner self.

(‘Kimberly, stop this madness right now before you make extremely regrettable decisions!’)

(‘Just a few minutes more, I swear.')

(‘Kimberly! Stop enjoying it so much! Quit lusting! This is bad! Real Bad!’)

My inner-self rolls her evil eyes at me.

(‘If something this good is bad for you then I wanna be bad…consequences be damned!')

So far, evil self prevails.

His kisses were hot and soft, so full of longing and lust, beckoning me to break down all my defenses and crumble. His tongue expertly turned me into a willing slave. There must be something in the air because I never would have guessed that Gerald’s mouth would make it to the top of my list as my most treasured source of pleasure!

“You okay?”, he manage to whisper hoarsely while his touch was sizzling hot against my skin. I could only moan as a response, keeping my eyes closed as I relished in the sweet sensations that his hot mouth was generating.

Those firm yet gentle hands down my thighs was causing such a stir, I was tingling down there! The man is some sort of God of a. I didn’t stand a chance against his power of seduction!

Gerald: Kimmy, sweetheart, are you sure you want to do this?

No, but screw logic and reasons! Let’s deal with the ual ramifications later. Right now, let me just enjoy this heavenly sensation of unbearable proportions!

Gerald: I just don’t want you to feel that I’m taking advantage of you.

His words jolted me back to reality. Summoning my last ounce of willpower, I took a step back. Dammit! Why can’t the boy just shut up? At least until we’ve done the deed!

“I’m sorry. You’re right, we shouldn’t be doing this.”

Gerald: No, don’t be… I will be resenting myself for days for interrupting what could have been but at the same time, I want you to be sure it’s me you want to do this with.

“No, I’m glad you said something. We both got carried away. We don’t want things to be awkward between us.”

Gerald: You’re very attractive Kim, way too attractive for your own good. It’s not hard to fall to your charms. Trust me, it took a lot of willpower and strength to listen to my voice of reason but I don’t want you to start feeling awkward and start avoiding me. I can’t afford to lose you Kim.

“I don’t want things to change between us either Ge. It’s not nearly as fun when you’re not around. We both got carried away…perfectly normal reactions for two single people who have not had ual partners for a while.”

Gerald: If only Josh is still happily married and didn’t get a divorce, you could have been in love with me!

“If only! Gerald, an almost ual encounter does not denote love.”

Gerald: It should! Making love should only be shared by two people in love.

“Like you would know! I know you’ve had ual partners before but when was the last time you actually made love?”

Gerald: Fine, you got me smart ! What about you? I bet you don’t even know the meaning of the word.

“Excuse me but I don’t just sleep around with random strangers and you know that! I loved my ex-boyfriends and as for making love to the true essence of the word, I have every intention to do so once Josh comes around!”

Gerald: Hun, can we not talk about him even just for tonight?

“Okay. If you promise to put what happened tonight behind us and not to ever mention it again.”

Gerald: Me being me…I can’t keep that promise. You were enjoying my lips and my body too much! That’s too hard to let go.

“Ang sama mo! Rest assured no such thing will ever happen again between us!”

Gerald: You’ll eat those words honey.

“In your dreams!”

Gerald: What happens if I show up when you are at your horniest state?

God help me!

“I’ll have you arrested for indecent exposure!”

Gerald: Is that so?

. Must he use such a husky, manly tone? And is it absolutely necessary to stand so close that our foreheads are almost touching? Damn this temptation! Intervention is so badly needed right now!
What the heck is he doing ing his shirt?!

Gerald: So, if I do a little strip show, go all full frontal right here…you’re saying that you won’t be tempted to take a bite?

Oh holy Gods in heaven! Please let him stop or else I really will turn into a lovesick vampire!

“So you want me to inflict additional pain after you’ve been clobbered? Bite na naman ang gusto mo ngayon, huh? Your masochistic tendencies have now surfaced! No wonder you still hang around after getting battered!”

Gerald: You’re the only person who brings out those tendencies hun. Although I have to admit, I much prefer your sweet and loving side compared to your bashing ways.

“Awww…I really do feel so bad about that Ge. Your cheek is so red. It must be hurting a lot!”

Gerald: I’ll live. As long as my beautiful nurse takes a break from inflicting any more cuts and bruises.

“What a shame to bruise up a beautifully assembled face! Come on sweetie, let’s go watch that movie you brought. I’ll get some ice. You can put your head on my lap. I’ll look after you, don’t worry.”

Gerald: Please stay away from any sharp objects while you’re looking after me hun. I get too paranoid when I close my eyes and fall asleep!

“Don’t you worry buddy, all your organs will still be intact when you wake up. I can promise that much.”

***********************************************************

Typing with only one good hand is sooo difficult! Please excuse all the errors and typos. =)
Hope you all have a great weekend!

xxx jess xxx