Trouble?

A Pinch Of Chemistry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My first week passed pretty smoothly, I had no problems and had made some decent friends, although Jinwoo seemed to be the only one in my class since he’s the one I sat beside. Yuri and her friends did everything they could to make me feel welcome during the time which I wasn’t in class, but it was difficult since we were all in different classes and Jiyeon was in the year above us.

 

It was lunchtime and I exited my classroom to meet Yuri, but first I had to stop by my locker. I walked through the various corridors towards my locker, but on the way I noticed Yuri crouched near her locker. As I approached my best friend I noticed that she was actually picking up some of her belongings which were strewn on the floor around her.  I heard her mutter some words to herself before she realised that I was in front of her. She sighed as she picked up the last of her stuff and placed the items into her locker.

“What happened?” I questioned her, curious as to what the situation was. She just shook her head as her eyes stared off down the corridor somewhere. I frowned in confusion until I turned and followed her line of vision to the popular group of guys. My eyes met those of one of the guys in the group and he just looked back up the corridor at us with an amused look on his face. I turned back to Yuri as she closed her locker and led me away from that corridor. We made our way to my locker, but Yuri still hadn’t said anything.

“Did those guys do something to you? Was that why your belongings were on the floor?” I asked in an attempt to understand the situation. “Come on, I’m your best friend, you can tell me these things.” I reminded her and as I opened my locker.

“It’s not important, it doesn’t happen often, sometimes they just walked past and say something to do something.” She explained trying not to seem affected by the gentle bullying but I could tell she was annoyed by it. “It’s not a big deal.” She shrugged it off and I just nodded, choosing to say nothing more on the subject since Yuri felt comfortable.

 

Back in class after lunch, Jinwoo was in his seat and as I made my way to mine beside him, I heard chatter at the back of the class. I glanced in my peripheral vision and noticed two guys, I think Hanbin or B.I and Bobby chattering and laughing at something. I rolled my eyes but didn’t look directly at them. The whole situation with Yuri and them made me annoyed, if they were bullying her, why didn’t she do something about it? How long had it been going on for? Maybe by her ignoring his bullying, she thought that he’d get bored and move on?

“What’s on your mind?” Jinwoo spoke up and I was pulled from my thoughts as I took my seat beside him. I gave him a small smile and shook my head.

“Oh, nothing, I was just thinking of studying after school.” I lied, but Jinwoo thought I was being genuine as he replied to my words.

“I’ll join if you want? I need to catch up on Maths anyway.” He offered and I sighed on the inside, I didn’t actually want to study, but I guess it wouldn’t hurt to still go to the library. Eventually I nodded in acceptance of his offer then we focused on our class as it started.

 

After classes had ended for the day, Jinwoo and I exited the classroom and found Yuri leant against the wall opposite our classroom. I smiled as we walked over to her and I greeted her with a hug before briefly returning my attention to Jinwoo.

“Yuri, you know Jinwoo, right?” I spoke in a subtle introduction manner and she nodded before placing a smile on her face. Jinwoo smiled in return and I looked between the two of them since the situation seemed awkward.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter