Spring Break

A Pinch Of Chemistry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day finally arrived, the last day of school before spring break. I decided to make sure that the last day was the best and I wouldn’t let anyone ruin it. I entered school with Yuri that morning and we went to my locker first as usual. Once I’d got the relevant books, I noticed B.I enter the corridor with Hayi, Bobby and Jinhwan. I took a deep breath before I stepped in front of them and he abruptly stopped before he knocked into me.

“Did you really have to step right in front of me?” he muttered in frustration and I briefly glanced at his friends before looking back at him. “What do you want?” He questioned me.

“We still need to study over spring break, so make sure that you have a couple of days free.” I told him and noticed Hayi glaring at me, so angry that she practically had steam coming out of her ears. He thought for a moment before he nodded to me.

“I have a couple of days in mind, but you’ll have to be flexible.” He told me and I wanted to sigh, but then I remembered that today would be a good day, so I nodded in agreement. With that sorted, I stepped aside and let them continue on their way.

 

“That was weird.” Yuri muttered as we headed to her locker. I glanced at her feeling confused as I frowned in her direction.

“What do you mean? Why was it weird?” I queried and she chuckled lightly as she started to open her locker.

“It’s like he listens to you, you seem to get along well for two people that supposedly hate each other and argue all the time.” She stated and I thought on it for a moment.

“I don’t think we get along, but it prevents more arguments if we just try and compromise with each other.” I stated and she shrugged at my words.

“That’s just what I think, I don’t actually know what happens when you two study or meet up.” She reminded me and I nodded as the subject was dropped.

 

My classes were generally uneventful that day, but in gym the sports became Lacrosse for the girls and soccer for the boys. This was good since it meant that I was no longer paired with B.I, but it was also bad since Hayi also played Lacrosse and she was on the opposing team since it was sorted by form group. I just couldn’t catch a break. To my surprise the lesson went smoothly and I had minimum contact with Hayi, I guess she was just happy that I was no longer partnered with her boyfriend.

 

During the lunchtime break, my friends and I were at our usual table in the cafeteria. I was relaxed into my chair as I picked at a snack size bowl of fruit in front of me. I yawned and put my arm above my head as I stretched out my upper body.

“I feel like I could fall asleep.” I muttered as I finished my stretch and placed my hands back on the table. “Do you guys have any plans for spring break?” I questioned and looked between Jiyeon, Mina and Yuri. They were all quiet for a moment and Yuri just shrugged.
“I think I’ll end up being lazy and doing nothing until the weekend before we return.” She spoke and I rolled my eyes at her with a smile.

“I’m going to Jeju for a few days with my family.” Mina spoke up and I couldn’t deny that I was slightly jealous, even if I’d only just come back to Korea; I still loved the idea of a holiday. “What about you, Jiyeon?” She directed the question to our other friend who seemed like she was lost in her thoughts.

“Jiyeon” I called her name lightly which pulled her back to reality.

“Oh, right. I’m probably just going to study, I graduate soon, remember.” She mentioned and my mouth fell open slightly with an ‘ah’ expression as I nodded.

After that brief conversation, my attention was directed back to my fruit which I continued to eat. Just as I popped a grape into my mouth, I noticed B.I stand up from his table and his eyes met mine. He walked over to our table and I frowned as I quickly chewed the grape in my mouth. He reached our table and placed his hand on the table and leant towards me.

“I’m not gonna be free to study until the second week of spring break, but I’ll let you know if anything changes.” He spoke in a soft tone and I could see my friends lean closer towards us to hear what he was saying. I scowled in the direction of my friends and they quickly leant back. I placed my hand on B.I’s arm and lightly pushed him away.

“You could’ve just told me that after school.” I muttered and sighed because I realised that my friends weren’t going to stop mentioning him after he left.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter