Return to School

A Pinch Of Chemistry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the Saturday before school started up again, I took the remaining few days to spend time with my friends, Yuri, Mina and Jiyeon. We met up at a coffee shop in the main city area; the four of us just wondered around some shops and a nearby park for a while.

“I can’t wait to get back to school; I never thought I’d get bored of doing nothing.” Yuri spoke and I chuckled slightly.

“Yeah, I think it would be good to get back to the normal school routine.” I mused and looked towards Mina. “How was Jeju?” I asked and she smiled widely in response.

“It was so sunny and there was this cute waiter at a restaurant, it seemed like he was flirting with me, but I wasn’t too sure.” She shared and we nodded as we listened to her.

“I wish I had time to meet guys.” Jiyeon pouted. “With all the studying and exam revision, my social and romantic life is almost non-existent.” She whined and I lightly patted her shoulder, in an attempt to comfort her.

 

“What is wrong with you?! Why don’t you ever listen to me?” I heard a voice shout and our attention was directed to a couple that was stood near a fountain not far from us.

“Hayi, stop shouting, I don’t want to do this right now!” A familiar voice spoke in a similar raised tone of voice and I sighed; it was B.I.

“Trouble in paradise, maybe?” Mina whispered questioningly to me and I shrugged.
“She’s just paranoid; she thinks that he flirts with other girls.” I stated leaving out the fact that she was sure he acted differently around me, not others.

“Does he? Have you seen him with other girls?” Jiyeon chimed in and I shook my head with a sigh. “Maybe he’s cheating on her.” She suddenly spoke up and i frowned at her.

“I don’t know, I only see him to study, I don’t know every inch of his life.” I spoke, annoyed by the constant questions. It’s not like I knew much, but there were things that I wouldn’t tell them.

Suddenly the argument stopped and my eyes met Hayi’s as she glared in my direction. Shortly after, B.I turned around, assumedly curious as to what or who Hayi was glaring at. Our eyes met, but I looked away shortly after to prevent any further questions from my friends. But the situation that we witnessed didn’t seem like a loving one. Maybe he had taken my advice to argue with Hayi, but the arguing escalated to a serious level? I think it was best to just keep my distance, until everything blew over and their relationship was sorted out. Especially since I didn’t want to get in the way, did I?

 

The first day of school arrived and I woke up with a smile on my face. I was glad to be getting back to school and seeing my friends regularly. I dressed in the familiar uniform and sighed in content as I brushed my long, flowing hair.

I left my house after grabbing something quick for breakfast and started my journey to school. I had music playing through my earphones as I walked, I kept my head down and eyes averted as I walked past B.I’s house. I didn’t really want to be part of another awkward conversation as we walked to school.

I was half way to school when I felt an arm land around my shoulders. I immediately stopped walking and looked up at the person.

“What are you doing here?” I sighed as I noticed B.I stood beside me. I carried on walking and he walked beside me.

“We go to the same school; it’s not a surprise that we bump into each other from time to time.” He stated and I rolled my eyes at him. I took a deep breath to remain calm and not argue, but he continued to talk. “So, I saw you on Saturday.”He reminded me and I just nodded without saying a word.

“I guess you saw me and Hayi arguing.” He assumed and I nodded, still quiet. “I tried doing what you said, but it didn’t work.” He told me but I didn’t reply at all. “Are you ignoring me?” He asked, peeved by my silence.

“Maybe you should try harder; your relationship was fine a few weeks ago.” I reminded him and it was his turn to be quiet. The rest of the walk to school was silent, but not particularly awkward. When we arrived in school, I gave him one last look before I walked off to meet Yuri and he went to meet Bobby.

 

The days after that I tried to stay clear of B.I as much as I could. If I didn’t talk to him then there would be no opportunity to argue. The only place I had to face him was in the class

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter