A Meal & A Party

A Pinch Of Chemistry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One morning, I decided to walk to school since I wanted the time to myself. I left my house with plenty of time so that I didn’t have to rush to school. I had my earphones in and 4minute’s ‘Hate’ played into my ears. On my way to school, I had to walk past B.I’s house, but as I approached it, I noticed his Mother leaving with a bag in her hand. She noticed me near the building and waved to me. I smiled as I took my earphones out and she met me near the gate of their property.

“SoAh, how nice it is to see you.” Mrs Kim smiled and I nodded to her.
“It’s nice to see you too, Jiyoung-shi.” I remembered that she wanted me to call her that, and not call her Mrs Kim.

“Are you on your way to school?” She questioned and I glanced down at my uniform, was it that obvious? I fought back a smile as I nodded to her. “Could I ask you a favour, if it’s not too much trouble?” She questioned me and I thought for a moment.

“Sure, what do you need me to do?” I questioned and she suddenly raised the bag in her hand. I glanced at the object and it seemed to masculine for her taste; I instantly regretted my decision to help.

“My Hanbin left this at home and it’s got all of his school stuff in.” She told me and I had to try my hardest not to roll my eyes, how stupid was he? “Could you give it to him, since he’s in your class?” She questioned and held the bag out for me. I reluctantly grabbed it and forced a smile onto my lips.

“Of course, I’d be happy too.” I lied through a forced smile and Mrs Kim placed her hand on my shoulder and smiled.

“Thanks so much, SoAh, I’ll see you and your family for dinner on Saturday.” She spoke and I nodded before I left. Saturday was a couple of days away yet, so I had plenty of worry free time before then I thought to myself as I continued towards school, with B.I’s bag in hand.

 

I wondered through the corridors instead of meeting Yuri, since I had to get rid of the bag I was holding first. I spotted B.I with Bobby, Jinhwan and Hayi near a set of lockers and I sighed before I made my way towards him.

“Hey.” I called out to him and he lifted his head at the sound of my voice before a scowl presented itself on his forehead.

“What makes you think you can talk to me?” He spoke, tone full of arrogance and his friends just smirked in my direction, waiting to see what I did.

“It must be because you’re so approachable.” I retorted and his friends chuckled, but B.I maintained a serious and unhappy expression, accompanied by the angry pout of his girlfriend, Hayi. “Mrs Kim wanted me to give you this, since you’d forgotten it when you left for school.” I told him and held out the bag. He seemed surprised and quickly took the bag from my grasp. Not wanting to waste any more of my time or words on him, I walked away to find Yuri before classes started.

 

Saturday came around and despite my protests and whines to my parents; I was forced to attend the meal at B.I’s house. I dressed in a black skinny jeans and a smart navy blue top.

We arrived at the Kim household around 6pm that evening and Mr Kim answered the door.

“Sungmin, it’s nice to see you again.” My father greeted and Mr Kim stepped aside to let us into the houses.

“Yes, Jonghyun, please come in.” Mr Kim spoke to my father as he welcomed us into his home and the three of us removed out coats, before we were led into the living room where Mrs Kim was sat.  She greeted my mother with a smile and a hug before she directed her attention my way. She gave me a light hug and patted my shoulder.

“Erm, could I use your bathroom?” I questioned, she nodded and motioned to the stairs.

“Sure, it’s upstairs in the door opposite Hanbin’s.” She told me and I nodded in understanding and headed out of the room to ascend the staircase to the bathroom.

 

Upon exiting the bathroom, the door opposite opened and I came face to face with a shirtless B.I. I cleared my throat and looked away, feeling slightly awkward at the situation.

“I didn’t realise you and your family were here yet.” He muttered and I stayed quiet but nodded before I walked away down the stairs.

The dinner was peaceful and our parents made pleasant conversations with each other, whilst B.I and I just stayed quiet. Once we were all finished eating, Mrs Kim went to stand up but instead looked to her son, who was across the table from her.

“Hanbin, could you clear the table and the dishes, please?” She asked but son, but obviously he wouldn’t refuse. Mrs Kim seemed nice, but I had a feeling that if you got on the bad side of her you’d regret it.

“Oh yes, SoAh, why don’t you help him?” My mother suggested and I sighed as I got up and started collecting the plates, whilst B.I went into the kitchen with some other crockery. I sighed to myself as I entered the kitchen and was surprised to see B.I leant against the kitchen sink staring in my direction.

“You can wash.” I bluntly told him and placed the plates down beside the sink. “I’ll dry.” I added and grabbed the nearest cloth, ready to get started.

As we worked it was silent between us but every so often, he’d mutter under his breath.

“I can’t believe I’m stuck here with you.” He grumbled and I sighed.

“You know, I’m not too thrilled about it either.” I replied in the same miserable tone as him. He turned to face me but as he did so, he splashed water over my top. My mouth fell open in shock as my top began to stick to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter