Detention

A Pinch Of Chemistry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I entered the classroom, I was surprised to notice two things, one; B.I was in class on time and two; he was sat at my desk again. The second one annoyed more than it surprised me, it was the second time that week. Jinwoo was supposed to be my desk partner but B.I kept scaring him away. I exhaled loudly as I walked over to my desk and took a seat.

“Why are you sat there?” I asked him bluntly but kept my attention on the front of the class.

“Did you tell anyone?” He muttered quietly so that only I could hear. I rolled my eyes at his paranoid attitude, it had been a week since my family had a meal at his house and he was still worried that I was going to spread it around that he hugged me. It was a hug; it wasn’t exactly a big deal and why would I have spread it around when the mere thought of the skinship made my skin crawl?

“Don’t be such an idiot; it was a torturous moment, I’m not gonna brag about my pain.” I replied and I noticed him glare in my direction in my peripheral vision. Our teacher started the class so naturally our exchanging of words ended.

I was concentrated on the teacher’s explanations as I made notes on the subject, but I was suddenly distracted from my work.

“You should consider yourself lucky that you got that close to me.” I heard B.I whisper beside me and I glared in his direction.

“No, I should consider myself lucky that I didn’t catch anything from being around you.” I muttered and suddenly heard my name.

“Lee SoAh and Kim Hanbin, I’m sorry is my teaching boring you?” Our teacher questioned and I stared up at her in surprise but then quickly shook my head. “Then please save your conversations for the break.” She told us before she returned to teaching and I focused my attention back on my notes.

“It’s not like I want to talk to you anyway.” B.I muttered and I shot him a cold glare before thinking of a reply.

“Do you think you’re god’s gift to humanity or something?” I questioned him, not caring if other people heard. “It just surprises me that you think everyone wants to talk to you or be close to you, you’re so arrogant.” I muttered under my breath, but I knew that he heard me. When I finally looked back to the teacher, she was staring at us with a look of fury.

“If you enjoy talking that much, you can do it after school, in detention; both of you.” She told us and gave us one final look before she resumed teaching once more. I sighed and shook my head in disbelief as I glanced at B.I. He wasn’t fazed by the detention remark, did he not care that we were stuck there for longer because of his arrogance?

 

I vented my anger in the form of a rant to my friends during the lunch break and they just sat there with expressions on their face mixed between amusement and surprise because of how much I was ranting.

“I got detention because of him and I’ve never had detention. He infuriates me so much.” I ended the rant and my friends just sat there in silence, unsure of what to say. I took a deep breath and exhaled to calm myself down. I suddenly noticed one B.I’s friends walking round to people with, what looked to be flyers in his hand. He handed them out to various people as he made casual conversation with his friends who were sat down on a table near him.

“What’s going on?” I questioned Yuri and motioned to Jinhwan with my chin. She subtly turned around her chair and glanced at the situation before she faced me once more.

“He must be having another party.” She muttered and she didn’t say anymore about it. Another party; how often did he host them? I thought to myself but the noticed Jinhwan meet my eyes, whilst in thought I had forgotten to look away. I mentally cursed myself and I was sure that I saw him smirk. He then walked in the direction of my table. I frowned confused by what was going on as he approached me.

“I’m having a party in a few weeks, you should come.” He spoke with a smile and handed me a flyer. I took it, still unsure of the situation but nevertheless I looked at the colourful invitation. “It’s in just over a week.” He informed me and I nodded in understanding. I briefly glanced in the direction of his table and found B.I looking over at us. I returned my attention to Jinhwan and shrugged.

“I’ll think about it, but I might have plans.” I replied and may have told a little lie. It wasn’t that I would be busy; it was because I didn’t want to go if B.I was going and since Jinhwan was his friend, he’d probably be going. Jinhwan smiled at me once more before he left and returned to his table. I felt bad f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter