Seeking Tension

A Pinch Of Chemistry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He took a step towards me and took a hand out of his pocket. He lifted it to my face and a split second later his lips were on mine. As his lips moved against mine, I suddenly got flashbacks from the party and I didn’t know what to do. Somewhere amidst the confusion and the argument, I felt something spark inside of me and I kissed him back. He seemed to notice this and wrapped his other arm around my waist before he pushed his body against mine. I had no idea what was going on, my brain was jumbled and clearly wasn’t working properly it that was what I was doing. My hands ran up his chest before they stopped on the back of his neck and he tightened his hold around my body, it felt like something between us was keeping us together, like magnets. My fingers lightly ran through the back of his hair as our lips moved together.

“SoAh, Hanbin, dinner is ready.” I heard my mother call up the stairs to us and our lips separated, but our bodies remained close. His arm remained round my waist and I felt him grip my top slightly. My brain caught up with the situation and I pulled away from him.

“That was weird.” I muttered to myself and briefly made eye contact with B.I before we both left my room silently.

 

Throughout dinner everything was replaying in my head and I just couldn’t understand how and why it happened.

“SoAh, I hear that you’re working on a project with Hanbin, is that right?”  Jiyoung questioned and I nodded in reply.

“Yes, it’s on English literature, we got given Pride and Prejudice.” I informed her and she nodded, interested in the subject.

“That sounds fascinating.” She enthused and I smiled in her direction. “I hope my son is working just as hard you are.” She spoke and I wanted to laugh at the statement, but that would have been rude.

“Yes, he helps in his own way with the research.” I shared and she nodded in understanding and I felt B.I pinch my leg under the table. “OUCH!” I suddenly yelped and everyone’s eyes widened as they looked in my direction. I cleared my throat in a panic and gave them a small smile. “Sorry, I had a foot cramp, it was really painful.” I lied and subtly glared in B.I’s direction.

 

When B.I and his parents were leaving, he dragged me into the kitchen and said that he was getting a quick drink of water. He cornered me out of our parents’ sight and I sighed.

“So, tonight was interesting.” He mused and I just looked at him with a blank expression.

“Is that all you wanted to say?” I questioned him and he raised his eyebrow at me.

“What, were you expecting me to say something else?” He spoke with a slightly amused tone to his voice and I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

“How about, ‘sorry for attacking you with my teenage hormones, again’. That could be a start.” I told him and he chuckled slightly.

“Okay, the first time was a mistake, but this time we both felt that there was something there, or else you wouldn’t have kissed me back.” He smirked and leaned in closer to me.

“Yeah, well, it won’t happen again.” I told him and he rolled his eyes.

“Relax; I’m sure it was just a ‘heat of the moments’ thing.” He shrugged it off and I shook my head in his direction. He stepped away from me and we rejoined our parents. “I’ll see you next week to study.” He spoke as he approached the front door. I wanted to say ‘no’, but the stupid school project had to be done.

“Hanbin” Jiyoung cleared and looked intensely at her son. He sighed and approached me before his arms wrapped around my body. Every time, every time our families had meals together we had to hug at the end. But since the first kissing incident, they just felt weird and after that evening it just felt even weirder. It felt like it was going on for too long, so I lightly patted his back and pulled away first.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter