006/2

Straightforward Dr Im
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Most of the people in the world are so eager to find a person who was made for them but Jinyoung has never thought of finding one. Call him a boring or plain person, but Jinyoung really has never thought of finding a person who God has created to be with him till the end of his life. For Jinyoung, that can be waited. He wanted to focus on his work so that he’ll be living in a leisure life in the future.

 

But the past few weeks has made Jinyoung questioned himself again whether should he just focus on his goal of having a leisure life in the future or should he work on both for his future and find for his soon-to-be life partner?

 

It’s funny, Jinyoung thought, how his mind can change in few seconds just like that at the moment when Jaebum started to mess with his life. Jaebum didn’t make a mess with Jinyoung’s life by himself, but Jaebum’s straightforwardness was the thing that made Jinyoung’s life a mess.

 

“Did you hear me?” Jaebum’s voice snapped Jinyoung into reality, “Where were you?”

 

Jinyoung could hear a hint of sarcasm in Jaebum’s voice but decided to ignore it, “I heard you, Dr Im,”

 

Their gazes met when Jinyoung looked up to say something at Jaebum but nothing came out from his mouth. He’s currently dealing with Jaebum’s strong yet soft gaze as if it had an intention to make Jinyoung melts which it worked a bit. It felt so suffocating for Jinyoung as the staring game continued for few minutes more before he tear his gaze away from Jaebum’s.

 

“I’ve thought of something,” Jaebum spoke which Jinyoung didn’t react to it as Jinyoung keeps his eyes on the foods, “Let’s not call each other with formalities when we’re outside?”

 

This made Jinyoung looks up at Jaebum again as he frowns slightly, “What does that mean?”

 

“I’m not going to make things between us awkward,” Jaebum replied comfortably as he looks down to dig on his foods, “I wanted us to get along very well and I’m really serious about this,”

 

Nothing came out from Jinyoung’s mouth as he watches Jaebum eating. Jaebum might think that he’s staring at him, but no, Jinyoung is definitely not staring as his mind wanders around as his eyes are on Jaebum. This is what Jinyoung meant by questioning himself again at his goals for the future.

 

On the other side, Jaebum, who is enjoying his foods very much, tries his hard to maintain his usual expression and tries his hard not to let his ears become red as he noticed that Jinyoung’s eyes are on him. He knows that Jinyoung’s mind is somewhere else but he wished that Jinyoung’s eyes are actually on somewhere else too rather than landing his eyes on him. But soon, Jaebum felt his face become light and he finally noticed that Jinyoung already come back from his thoughts and looks away from him.

 

Every small action by Jinyoung makes Jaebum’s heart flutters even if the actions weren’t made for him.

 

“I don’t think I can do that,” Jinyoung spoke slowly and Jaebum looks up from his foods to face Jinyoung, “I really don’t think that I can talk to you very casually without formalities,”

 

Jaebum let his eyes explored Jinyoung’s face for seconds which goes unnoticed by Jinyoung before opened his mouth, “Why?”

 

“You’re someone that I respect a lot, Dr Im,” Jinyoung inhales deeply, “To talk very casually without formalities with someone that I respect a lot… I really think I can’t do that,”

 

“But you can talk very casually with Mark?”

 

Jinyoung looks up and let his eyes meet with Jaebum’s. There’s a glint of jealousy and confusion in Jaebum’s eyes but Jinyoung isn’t quite sure about that.

 

“Mark is a friend,” Jinyoung said, “Though I respect him too,”

 

“So?”

 

“You—“ Jinyoung frowns deeply, “I—I don’t know! It’s just that— I think of you as my role model and the vibes that you always hold around you when we’re in the hospital really made me think that I shouldn’t talk to you very casually without formalities,”

 

The explanation made the crinkles on Jaebum’s forehead drawn deeper before it softens and Jaebum bursts into a soft chuckle – drawing Jinyoung’s attention.

 

“We are not in the hospital right now, Jinyoung,” Jaebum said and it somehow didn’t surprise Jinyoung at how Jaebum’s tongue rolled so easily to calls his name without adding formality, “I don’t think I do have the vibe that I always hold in the hospital when I’m outside of the field or maybe should I relax myself more when we’re together so that you’ll be able to get comfortable?”

 

Knowing that Jaebum won’t give up if he says more about not being comfortable calling him without formalities, Jinyoung finally gave in and slowly nodded with a soft sigh – and he didn’t notice the way Jaebum’s lips curved up to form a small smile since all Jinyoung think is that he never knew having lunch with someone could be this tiring. Jinyoung does talk a lot, but being with Jaebum makes him mute and his energy totally drain out whenever he had few talks with Jaebum.

 

Bringing back his attention to his already cold foods, Jinyoung groans mentally when his lips touched the cold soup. This is what happened when you kept arguing with Im Greatest Jaebum, Park Jinyoung. But not to let the soup get wasted even if it has gone cold, Jinyoung dip his spoon inside of the soup’s pot and continues to eat – ignoring the presence beside him.

 

“Did you perhaps, notice the woman earlier?” Jaebum asked and Jinyoung mentally cursing Jaebum for disturbing his enjoying-the-foods time.

 

“Which woman?” Jinyoung asked back as if he didn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter