004

Straightforward Dr Im
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

isn't the poster very cute ;u;

 

“You look horrible, Jinyoung,” Mark snapped Jinyoung into reality, “Did something happen yesterday? You look like you didn’t get enough sleep,”

 

Jinyoung forced himself to give Mark a small smile as a sign that he’s okay but a little tired. Mark then nodded as he patted Jinyoung’s shoulder before giving his full attention on the patients’ records that was left on the nurse counter. Jinyoung let out a soft sigh. What Mark said is true. He only got 3 hours of sleep but minus with an hour which he spent with shifting to get a better position to sleep, so, he only got about 2 hours of sleep.

 

“Hey, Mark,”

 

“Hmm,”

 

“Could you… perhaps… close with Dr Im?” Jinyoung asked carefully, not wanting Mark to smell any hint why he asked the question.

 

“You could say so,” Mark shrugged, his eyes still on the patients’ record, “Jaebum is an unapproachable person though so he’s a bit unpredictable since I can’t really read what’s going in that mind of his,”

 

A very unpredictable and straightforward, Jinyoung continued the word in his mind.

 

“Why?”

 

“Oh, it was nothing,” Jinyoung shrugged, “I was just asking since I found that he doesn’t really talk with his colleagues so I was wondering,”

 

“Oh,” was all Mark said before his lips crafted a small smile, “But Jaebum is really a nice person. He might be damn so straightforward until his words could hurt you, but really, his words are what you should process again before you go to sleep and improve yourself to be better. It was just he’s a bit unpredictable, that’s all,”

 

“But Dr, don’t you think his eyes are a bit scary?” someone suddenly interrupted and join in the conversation, “He even has the cold and dark aura around him,”

 

Mark chuckles, “It was just your imagination and it was because you’re not even close with Dr Im, so that’s why he looks scary to you,”

 

As the conversation continues between Mark and one of his colleagues, Jinyoung’s mind went back to yesterday’s memory.

 

Jaebum looked perfectly normal. He didn’t have the cold and dark aura around him and Jinyoung has to admit it that it was the first time that he felt calm and comfortable being around Jaebum since he couldn’t help but to be anxious and scared whenever he was around Jaebum back then. Except that the awkward feeling is still there, Jinyoung thought it was actually felt good to be comfortable and calm being around Jaebum.

 

If only Jaebum acted more normal, Jinyoung could have stayed a little longer at his home yesterday.

 

“By acting more normal, I mean by his straightforwardness should be fix,” Jinyoung muttered under his breath, “Nah, I’m just gonna shrug this off,”

 

Even so, Jinyoung keep recalling about Jaebum’s sudden confession and he seems couldn’t make a move from yesterday’s scene. Jinyoung sighed as he put down his food and drink on one of the canteen’s table. He didn’t feel like eating much so he just grabbed a carton of milk and a pack of biscuits. Damn, the exhausted feeling from yesterday hasn’t gone yet, Jinyoung sighed again.

 

“Ugh,” Jinyoung grunted, his shoulders felt heavy, “I should have shrug this off,”

 

“Oi, you sure you’re okay?” Mark who showed up from nowhere suddenly slammed his hand on the table, not really loud but still, startling Jinyoung, “And you’ve been flinching over small things for few times already. You sure you’re okay?”

 

“Yeah,” Jinyoung weakly nodded, “I guess,”

 

“What happened?”

 

“Nah,” Jinyoung shrugged, “I wasn’t getting enough sleep, that’s all,”

 

Mark slowly nodded though his face doesn’t seem like he’s satisfied with Jinyoung’s answer, “Well, okay but if you need someone to talk—“

 

“I know that you’re always there for me, Mark,” Jinyoung flashed a small smile, “But really, I’m okay and thanks for your concern,”

 

“No problem, buddy,” Mark grinned which somehow made Jinyoung feel at ease for a second, “So, you’re only getting that for your lunch?”

 

They started talking about lot of things as the time passed by. It was funny, Jinyoung thought, because Mark actually is someone who has higher place than him but the bond between the two of them make the gap disappeared. Jinyoung did realize the envy eyes on them whenever they are together but Jinyoung, who was born and grew up as a simple-minded person, he didn’t want those envy eyes invade his personal space as he decided to push aside of what the people has been whispering about his friendship with Mark.

 

Jinyoung flashed a blessed smile at Mark, who seem didn’t know the meaning behind of that smile.

 

“What’s wrong? You’re acting very weird today, Jinyoung,” Mark said as he frowned, “Back then you were frowning as if there’s no tomorrow to frown at but now, you’re smiling so weirdly,”

 

Before Jinyoung could reply Mark’s words, Mark suddenly put his hand up and waving as if he’s calling someone to come over at them. Seeing this, Jinyoung spontaneously turn around to see the person that Mark called for. The canteen was usually filled with people but today, it was empty which means it’s easier for Jinyoung to search for the person that Mark called for just now. But when his eyes landed on the particular person, which in the same time that particular person meets his eyes, Jinyoung quickly turn around to face Mark again.

 

Damn you, M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter