003

Straightforward Dr Im
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What am I doing here honestly…” Jinyoung grunted with two plastic bags filled with ingredients that he needs to cook in both of his grasp, “I should have been sleeping until the day goes off…”

 

The Sunday arrived too fast much to Jinyoung’s disliking. The first thing that Jinyoung did when he woke up from his deep sleep was regretting his decision to set his alarm at 9 am. He spent almost an hour in his bed whether he should go to Jaebum’s house or should he not before he heavily dragged his feet towards the bathroom.

 

And right now, at this moment, Jinyoung mentally slapped himself and regretting the decision that he has made earlier.

 

Even so, Jinyoung dropped one of the plastic bags filled with ingredients on the ground and pressed the bell. He waited for 5 minutes before pressing the bell again for the second time followed with curses escaped from his mouth. Another 5 minutes passed and Jinyoung still stood there – patiently waits for Jaebum to open the door while eagerly tapping the bell button with his finger.

 

“Ugh,” Jinyoung grunted, getting ready to press the bell again, “I swear if he didn’t open the goddamn door this time, I’ll lea—“

 

Before Jinyoung could press the bell, the door finally opened – revealing Jaebum with his hair sticking out from its place and eyes barely open. Seeing this, Jinyoung tries very hard to hold himself from cursing and shouting at Jaebum. So, when Jaebum looks at him, Jinyoung’s lips crafted a small smile as he brought up the two plastic bags that he was holding.

 

“Oh, you’re here,” Jaebum sleepily said before he stepped aside to let Jinyoung makes his way inside, “I’m sorry I just woke up from my sleep. I’ll just take a quick shower so you should make yourself comfortable and use the kitchen as you like,”

 

Seeing how tired Jaebum sounded, Jinyoung suddenly felt a little guilt appeared in his heart. He must have been working till late night yesterday, Jinyoung thought as his hands working on the ingredients that he has bought earlier. Earlier, when Jinyoung was on his way to Jaebum’s house, he has made up his mind to make a big bowl of kimchi stew but seeing how tired Jaebum is, he thought that rewarding the doctor with foods full on the table won’t be a burden at all.

 

Jinyoung glances at the clock, “Better get start cooking now,”

 

By taking a quick shower means taking an hour shower in Jaebum’s perspective. Jinyoung has finished cooking by the time and has served the dishes on the table and currently waiting for the rice cooker to goes off at anytime soon. Jinyoung walked out from the kitchen and heads to the living room to observe Jaebum’s house since he couldn’t do so earlier.

 

Jaebum’s house is nothing spacious but it looks comfortable for 2 persons living in. Plus, the kitchen is very near from the living room so it doesn’t take much time to walk and grab some snacks and come back to the living room to watch movies or so. Jinyoung then landed his eyes on the rack which was placed beside Jaebum’s bedroom door. The rack which was full with photo frames, medals and trophies caught his attention.

 

Slowly, Jinyoung approaches the rack – his eyes landed on each trophies and medals on the rack. Oh, so he was a basketball player during high school, Jinyoung thought as he nodded when his eyes landed on the gold trophy at the top of the rack. He must be popular during his high school days… Nah, he must have been familiar  of being popular around girls already so probably that’s why he doesn’t seem interested on those girls at the ward, Jinyoung thought again as he jutted out his lips.

 

“It must be nice to be popular around girls,” Jinyoung monologue to himself as his finger tapping the rack’s surface – currently looking at the photo frames on the rack until his eyes stopped at a photo frame which was placed down on the surface of the rack. Jinyoung raised his eyebrow and was about to grab the photo frame when Jaebum open his bedroom door – startling Jinyoung.

 

“What are you doing?” Jaebum asked after few seconds of silence – his eyes weren’t on Jinyoung but on the photo frame which was placed down on the surface of the rack, “Are you trying to steal my things?”

 

Jinyoung rolls his eyes silently, “I’m sorry for touching your things without your permission,”

 

“S’okay, not that mattered anyways,” Jaebum muttered as he made his way to the kitchen with Jinyoung tagging along behind him, “Sorry that I took longer to shower,”

 

“That’s fine,” Jinyoung simply replied, placing a bowl of rice in front of Jaebum who is staring at him, “I was just waiting for the rice to cook so it didn’t matter,”

 

“How long have you been living alone?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“These,” Jaebum pointed at all the dishes on the table, “You must have been living alone for quite a long time since you’re able to do all of these,”

 

“Oh,” Jinyoung looks at all the dishes on the table before his lips crafted a small smile, “I’ve been living alone since I got my job so it has been… few months, yeah, few months,”

 

Jaebum looks up only to stare at Jinyoung for few minutes which seemed eternity for Jinyoung as he started to shifts awkwardly in his seat, “You’ll be a great housewife,” was all Jaebum said before he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter