013/1

Straightforward Dr Im
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Um... hello? I hope some of you are still waiting for the update of this fanfic ^^;

 

Autumn is coming. The weather is getting colder as the days passes by – leaves changing into dark, rich shades of orange, which reminding Jinyoung of pumpkin latte. Pumpkin latte sounds nice. I should probably get one after work, he thought to himself. Jinyoung clutches the patients’ report closer to his chest, walking in the ER hallway, humming a familiar song as he reaches the counter.

 

It has been a week since he last saw his boyfriend.

 

Boyfriend, Jinyoung smiles unconsciously as the word appear in his mind.

 

He put the record file on the counter, greets Suzy at his left side who is busy typing in patients’ record of in and out of the ER. Suzy looks at him briefly with a small wave before getting back to her work. Jinyoung sighs in content. He takes a seat at his place, leaning comfortably against the chair as he takes out his phone in his uniform’s front pocket. Unlocking his phone, he sees an incoming text from Jaebum.

 

Good afternoon. Have you eaten, Jinyoungie?

 

His heart swells in happiness as his eyes linger on Jinyoungie for seconds. He misses Jaebum. A lot he could say that. Jaebum has been outstation for work in Jeju as the hospital located in there needed his experience to help them out. When Jaebum told him that he would not be here for a week or so, Jinyoung stared at his boyfriend blankly – unsure what to say as he knew that he could not ask Jaebum not to go.

 

Since the day Jinyoung confessed to Jaebum that he would give them a chance – that he would try to make relationship between them works, which was 2 weeks ago, they have been stuck together without once missed from each other’s eyesight. Be it after work; where either one of them would drop by their own house after the shift ended to get some dinner together, or probably stayed in until late night and order takeouts – or Jaebum would take the chances to called Jinyoung to his room in the hospital just to hold hands and stolen kisses.

 

Now, not seeing Jaebum around might feel… somewhere close to longing.

 

Good afternoon, Dr Im. I have not eaten yet. How about you? Have you eaten?

Did you forget?

 

Jinyoung frowns at the reply. What could he forget? Is today should be the day where Jaebum comes back from Jeju? He sits straight as he pulls the calendar in front of him closer. No, it is not today. Jaebum has confirmed to him that he probably will extend his stay at Jeju for another week – which the news made him upset but Jaebum told him that he will makes up for the passed time without him.

 

I’m sorry but forget about what, Dr Im?

 

That I told you so many times not to call me with formalities…?

 

Ah, you’re right. I am so sorry. It has been almost 2 weeks since I saw you, I might have forgotten that you are actually my boyfriend now.

 

This time, the text from Jaebum does not come immediately which makes Jinyoung ponders. Does his joke seem too harsh for his boyfriend? But he does not mean it in a hurt way. He just wants to make some jokes because he thought that Jaebum might be a little too stressful since he is all alone in Jeju. He wants to make lighthearted joke but Jaebum probably does not think like that as he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter