012/1

Straightforward Dr Im
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this is kinda... I'm not going to say that this chapter is angsty because it's not but... yea. don't forget to leave a comment! <3 P/S: sorry for any typos/mistakes! 

 

Jinyoung was feeling guilty. But he also was feeling upset; and probably heartbroken as well.

 

When he thought he had a chance to talk to Jaebum yesterday before he went back home after his shift ended, he hadn’t. Jaebum was in his room yesterday when he went to talk to Jaebum, but there was another presence in the room – a woman – who Jinyoung immediately knew that it was his ex-wife.

 

Because the way that huge smile spread across Jaebum’s face which soon his mouth opened to laugh and the way Jaebum’s eyes crinkled when he laughed made Jinyoung heard a piece of something broke a little.

 

And that was when Jinyoung realized the something that broke was his heart. It hurts a lot, Jinyoung admitted and he was having the urge to slammed the door open and shove Jaebum away – as if shoving Jaebum away means leaving all the things related Jaebum behind – before leaving the room.

 

But Jinyoung didn’t.

 

Instead, he stepped backward and walked away. And once he reached home, he snuggled under the blanket and buried his face deep in the pillow – didn’t bother to wash himself and change his clothes to a comfortable one – as he cried his heart out at how stupid and easy he was for having feelings at someone.

 

And that was the reason why he ended up working with puffy eyes. He still could feel all the eyes on him even when an hour has passed. Holding back to throw a death glare to his colleagues, Jinyoung got up from his seat quickly and the shriek sound of his chair made some of his colleagues startled.

 

“Going to quick check the patients?” Suzy asks and Jinyoung briefly nods, “You know that you’re going to check the VIP rooms today, right?”

 

Jinyoung nods again and he grabs the patients’ records. He quickly walks out and heads to the VIP rooms which located not quite far from the counter. If someone asks Jinyoung which kind of patients that he likes to go get a quick check of, Jinyoung would immediately and confidently answers that it will be VIP patients. He doesn’t know what’s the actual reason actually – but maybe because VIP patients don’t have much things to complain and they also are easy to handle with – not that Jinyoung is being biased, and the fact he’s just a nurse adds the fact that he shouldn’t be biased about the patients, but he’s more relaxed when he’s checking the VIP patients.

 

The VIP rooms aren’t full in this month, so Jinyoung is almost finish his checking the patients’ routine earlier than usual. It took him only half an hour and there’s only one room left which located at the end of the VIP rooms section. Jinyoung knocks on the door very lightly, afraid that he might awake the patient inside of the room and when he heard a familiar husky voice answers his knock with a ‘come in’, Jinyoung carefully slides the door open.

 

And Jinyoung wasn’t wrong. It’s the guy from yesterday, and Jinyoung admitted that even the guy is sick and he looks pale compared to yesterday, he still looks good. And the guy has his hair down and it’s damp. At this, Jinyoung raises his eyebrow and walks to Jackson’s bed.

 

“Good morning,” Jinyoung greets casually with a smile spread across his face, “You’re up early, Jackson-ssi,”

 

Jackson finally looks up from his phone and smiles widely when Jinyoung’s smiling face greets his eyes, “Hey—“ Jackson’s eyes landed on Jinyoung’s nametag for a second before he looks up to meet Jinyoung’s eyes again, “Hey, Jinyoung. Good morning as well to you. And yeah, I’m actually not a morning person but I felt kinda weak with a whole night didn’t get to shower

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter