Best Friends

TWICE Shorts - Mina x Momo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Requested:

 

Based on: https://youtu.be/xxIr3dbOJxU 

 

SYN: Two best friends who fell in love



 

Mina and Momo had been best friends since the first time they met as children when they were at the playground. Momo was playing alone and not caring about the other children when a girl, who walked like a penguin, approached her. She squat down and looked at the latter emotionlessly like as though she was waiting for her to talk first. Momo felt her presence and looked up without tilting her head up.

 

“You want to play with me?” Momo asked as she passed a piece of paper to her.

 

Momo started folding it and Mina soon followed suit. After a few minutes, they both finished their paper planes. Momo stood up and signaled Mina to watch her. AS she threw the plane, it glided gracefully along with the wind, before landing on the ground. Mina showed little to no emotion at all but the latter could see that she was in awe. The quiet girl stood and did the same as Momo. When the plane landed safely on the ground, she spread her lips to reveal a gummy smile that left a great impression on Momo.

 

“Hi, I’m Momo.”

 

“I-I’m Mina…” She replied shyly.

 

“Why aren’t you playing with the other kids?” Mina asked.

 

“They said my paper planes are boring… So I just play with them myself. Do you think they are boring?” Momo asked while she looked at Mina pouting cutely.

 

Mina smiled again and shook her head. “I refer to play with you then those noisy kids.”

 

From that day onwards, Momo had always been playing with Mina at the playground. Even though they played with paper planes all day, both of them would never get bored of doing it since they had each other.

 

The two were coincidentally enrolled in the same high school after elementary school and were in the same class. This was when their friendship strengthened because of the ups and downs that they face together. If one were to mention Mina and Momo together in a sentence, what comes to mid was 2 hardworking best friends who were inseparable. During the stressful periods of time, Mina and Momo would go to the Han River and pour their feelings out to each other. After every tearful session, they would write their worries on a piece of paper, fold it in to a paper plane and let the wind carry it away until it lands on the water. It was illegal to litter but they did it discreetly.

 

Both of them found an interest in dance but in different forms. Mina prefers contemporary while Momo was more towards street dances and hip hop styles. It didn’t affect them that much because they both enrolled in the same school but this time, the found it hard to be together other than during theory lessons and alternate lunch periods because of their differing schedules. But never the less, the two of them put in the extra effort to be with each other; they loved the company of the latter.

 

One day when they were walking around in school together, they saw this advertisement for a competition where dancers have to participate as a pair. Momo came up with an idea of mixing Mina’s gracefulness with that tough image of hip hop and if they could pull it off, it would be a great bonus. Her friend immediately agreed and they got down to planning. They stayed late every day so that they could plan, practice and improve. Lying on their bellies, Momo laid her head in her arms as she sighed in frustration. They chose a song but now it was the choreography part that was difficult. They wished they could consult a teacher but it was prohibited. Mina turned her head to the side and looked at the latter who had her eyes closed – She looked really soft, fragile and at the same time, beautiful. Mina didn’t know when she had started seeing Momo this way but she kept her feelings suppressed. On the other hand, Momo could feel the latter’s stare on her; she smiled.

 

“Am I too pretty?” She asked.

 

“W-what?” Mina said, clearly taken aback.

 

“You are looking at me for so long, you think I didn’t notice?” Momo smirked.

 

“Shut up!” Mina hit her playfully before both of them got to work.


Around that time, Momo was aware that Mina had a boyfriend – Mark; a boy from the soccer team who was also in the same class as them. But because of the recent dance competition preparation, both of them had been arguing a lot. Mark always complains that Mina paid no time to him and only cared more about a competition than their love.

 

“Look Mark. I really love you and I’m sorry…” Mina sighed as she tried to hold her tears back.

 

“Mina, I know how you feel and I know how much dancing means to you but this… I can’t take it anymore…” Mark sniffled on the other line.

 

“So are you saying you want to break up?” Mina croaked.

 

“I… I think this is the best way to go…” Mark said before an awkward silence followed. Just like that, the two ended their 6-month relationship. Mina hugged her pillow and lay down in bed in a cradle position, crying for 10 minutes before reaching for her phone to call the person she needed.

 

“M-Momo?” Mina managed to croak.

 

“M-Mina! What happen? Why are you crying?!” Momo shot up of her bed from he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter