Will You Let Me Be Your Eyes?

TWICE Shorts - Mina x Momo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested

SYN : Mina and Momo have been dating for 3 years, Mina is an ballet instructer and Momo works in a pottery place. But then few days later, Momo noticed that her eyesight began to worsen. She doesn't know what was wrong with her and thought it was nothing, but Mina started to worry.

Based off from: If You Loved Me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MM: Happy birthday babe~

 

Mina removed her hands from her eyes to see a beautiful ceramic black swan with very detailed designs which probably explains the band aid on her finger. It was painful but seeing the ballerina’s gummy smile, Momo knew that the pain was worth it. Mina then leaned over the counter and gave her girlfriend of 3 years a kiss before they return to the meal that Momo had but in effort to prepare.

 

Mina enrolled in a ballet academy in japan when she was young and had been doing it for 11 years before she came to Korea to pursue a scholarship in the University of Seoul. This was where she met an art major and her current girlfriend, Hirai Momo. Mina worked at a ballet studio as an instructor to make ends meet so she could pay for her tuition fees and coincidentally on that day, Momo was accompanying her older sister there to signup for a course, since her sister was a dancer and wanted to experiment with different dancing techniques.

 

Once they met, they couldn’t take their eyes off each other. They soon found out that they attended the same university when they saw each other on campus and immediately hit off with one another. Momo was a full time student who also worked in the school’s workshop so Mina would always visit her after her dance practices.

 

Before Mina’s birthday, Momo was already working on her present since a long time ago. She would usually take about a month but this time, it took her longer. It was supposed to be for their anniversary day but she had to push it back and give it to her as a birthday present. Momo didn’t know when it started but she was shaping the dough one day when her vision suddenly went blurry. She gripped the table to balance herself and massaged her head with the bottom of her palm. After a while, her vision returned to back to her and she shook it off as the lack of sleep that she had been experiencing. But as the days past, those sudden headaches and lost of sight became more frequent. Momo was worried herself but didn’t tell Mina because she didn’t want the latter to worry. Neither did she go to the doctor because it was too troublesome.

 

MI: Hey~ Since it’s my birthday… can we go to an amusement part?

 

MM: Mina…. I’m lazyyyyyy

 

MI: Please~ Please~ Please~ Pretty Please~

 

“Nawwwwww how can I say no to this adorable face~” Momo said as she pinched the latter’s cheeks. Momo then volunteered to pay while Mina headed to the washroom.

 

“It’ll be $30 mam”

 

As Momo took out the bills, her eyes started to fail her again. She took a deep breath to collect herself before handing the guy a few notes.

 

“Mam, you’re short of $10”

 

Momo apologized and chuckled before reaching for another note and handing it to the man. The man was dumbfounded when Momo handed the man a receipt paper. Mina came back at that time and hit Momo on the shoulder playfully.

 

MI: Stop trolling the man Babe! Here.

 

Mina then took the correct one out and handed it to the man while Momo tried to laugh it off. Just as it happened, the blurriness was gone. Momo was bothered by it but she put up a fake smile to hide it from Mina. While walking, the first few flakes of snow landed on Mina’s head. They stopped and Mina pranced around the sidewalk and twirled around as she enjoyed the snowfall while Momo stood and watched. Everything suddenly became slow motion for Momo. Her eyes followed Mina around as she danced in the snow; Her eyes, her lips, her beautiful smile; Momo was going to miss all of it. Mina suddenly stopped when she looked at her girlfriend. She quickly ran towards her and cupped her hands on her cheeks while wiping the latter’s tears away.

 

MI: Wae, wae wae… Why are you crying?

 

Momo realised that she unknowingly cried and quickly wiped them away.

 

MI: Are you okay?

 

MM: I… I thought you were really beautiful…

 

MI: Aww you sweet little ball of fluff~

 

Mina stepped closer, s her hands around the latter’s waist and kissed her on the lips. Momo naturally wrapped her hands around Mina and kissed her back. Both of them then pulled away and walked hand in hand towards the bus stop to go to the Amusement Park.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they were there, Momo slowly forgot about her worries as Mina pulled her around the various places of the theme park, except for the intense rides. They spent most if their time feasting on corndogs and cotton candies than the time they spent on the rides. After clearing almost all the booths, Mina and Momo arrived at the last one.

 

“Babe! Let’s play! I want that!” Mina pointed at the penguin soft toy while smiling back at Momo. Momo didn’t want to, fearing that the vision loss would return but seeing Mina so happy melted her heart. She confidently agreed and manned the rifle. She was causally aiming at the target when it happened again, Momo squinted her eyes and tried to act like nothing happened but when shot, she totally missed. Mina saw the BB gun bullet hit the wall rather than the cans. She thought nothing at first but as it progressively continued, she realised that Momo’s aiming was really bad. Momo was down to the last bullet. She silently cursed as her blurry vision didn’t get better but she shot anyway. But this time, she heard the cans fall apart.

 

MI: WAAAA!!! YOU DID IT!

 

Mina jumped for joy and hugged Momo before receiving the penguin from the owner.

 

“I actually thought you wouldn’t make it!” The owner said as she laughed.

 

“I got to show off to my lady after all~” She replied with a nice save. Momo turned back towards Mina to look at the girl but realised that all she could wee was the girl’s outline. She ignored it and took the girl’s hand before leading her to the exit.

 

MI: Momo, the exit is the other way, silly~ Can’t you see the sign?

 

MM: I… I can’t… b-because all I can see is you~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter