Bodyguard

TWICE Shorts - Mina x Momo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter




Requested:
 



SYN: Momo was Mina’s bodyguard and childhood friend. But after an incident, Momo stopped talking to Mina altogether. But things were about to get worse during a school trip in Kyoto.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“WHAT’S WITH YOU?! Why are you being like that?!” Mina screamed as she shoved Momo against the wall of her room. Momo kept zipped and looked away to avoid Mina’s gaze.

 

“Look at me… ... LOOK. AT. ME!” Mina screamed again and grabbed Momo by her face, turning to towards her. Momo had no choice but to look at the latter but with empty eyes. Mina was tearing up by now and took a deep breath before speaking again.

 

“What happened to you…” Mina croaked as the tears threatened to fall. Momo didn’t answer. Mina then took a few steps back and asked her again. Again, Momo did not answer.

 

MI: Answer me! How dare you disrespect the Myoui family’s daughter?!

 

MM: My job is to protect you and nothing else.

 

Mina let out a sarcastic but painful chuckle. “So you will only talk to me in this case huh? Get out.” Momo clenched her jaw and left the latter alone. But once the door closed, she heard screaming and trashing in the room. Her heart broke but she couldn’t do anything about it because her friendliness would only bring harm to Mina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Momo and Mina were the best of friends. They met when they were 5. Momo had no home and got accepted to work in the home because the Myoui’s pitied her situation and wanted to help her. At first she wasn’t allowed access to see their daughter so Mina would always sneak out of her room just to find Momo to play with. To the young lady, Momo was the only person who brought her joy.

 

The Myouis had also tried many times to get a bodyguard to protect Mina. Their famous business meant that business partners were out to get them while criminals wanted to rob them. But every time a new bodyguard came, Mina would manage to chase them away in less than a week. But they noticed that Mina always loves to hang out with Momo so they decided to put Momo through Kendo training and only when she passes her course of training then did they allow them to hang out together.

 

At 9 years old, both of them got bolder. Mina hasn’t gone anywhere other than her Father’s huge company building and the office her mother was in charge of in Japan. When she was in the car, she gets to look around but never did she manage to experience it. It was nighttime and Momo ran out of the house towards the side of the building where Mina’s room was. She would throw rocks to signal her that everyone was asleep. This was when Mina would throw a rope made of towels down and climb down to meet Momo.

 

MM: Jump Minari~ I’ll catch you!

 

MI: Promise?

 

MM: Promise.

 

And Mina fell into Momo’s arms, sending both of the crashing on the ground but with Mina left unhurt. Momo suffered a cut but it was nothing. Mina stared at Momo who was below her before they both pulled away in embarrassment. The both of them then hopped over the gates and strolled around the city. They finally got found out and Mina was scolded while Momo was put through punishment with more Kendo training but that didn’t stop their nightly adventures – Until that fateful day…

 

It was the holidays and the Myouis were out at work. Mina and Momo had managed to sneak out and were cycling along the hand river; Momo was 11, Mina was 10. The maids noticed and immediately called Mina’s parents who blew up in anger and demanded for a search. Mina and Momo reached an area of un-railed road when someone came over and pushed her in. Momo was taken aback but the adrenaline surged in her as the 11 year old picked up her bike and threw it at the man escaping. She jumped on him and socked him in the face until he was unconscious before realizing Mina couldn’t swim. The blonde immediately dived for her friend but she couldn’t find her. She took a deep breath and dived again. This time, she spots her. With all her might, Momo swam towards her. She was running out of air herself but reached out regardless. But before she even manages to grab Mina, she found herself out of air. As a reflex, she tried to breath but couldn’t. The darkness slowly crept into her vision of Mina sinking deeper, before she totally out.

 

Momo woke up in the ER bed and looked around. She saw the Myuois crowding over another bed. Momo propped herself up and wanted to get off her bed to check on Mina but Mrs. Myoui stormed towards her and gave her a hard slap.

 

Mrs. Myoui: Did you know what you almost done?! You endangered my daughter! She almost lost her life!

 

Momo held her left cheek in pain as she bit her lip to cope with the pain. By now, she could taste the tangy taste of iron as she the wound site before uttering an apology. Mina’s father pulled his wife away before she did anything to Momo and tried to convince her that it wasn’t Momo’s fault because one of the hit men had tried to harm her.

 

Mrs. Myoui: If she didn’t sneak out with Mina like that, she wouldn’t have met with this accident.

 

Mr. Myoui: Arasseo araseeo… Go back and rest first okay? I’ll join you later.

 

Mina’s mother stormed away while Mina’s dad sat on the chair and gently removed Momo’s hand and looked at her reddened cheeks. He wiped the tears that had escaped Momo’s eyes away and gave her a pat on the head before asking both her and Mina to pack up as they headed back home. Momo didn’t speak to Mina and neither did the latter initiate the conversation. When they were back, Momo immediately headed towards the training room while Mina looked at her go.

 

Momo was swinging the shinai (A blade used in Kendo) mindlessly, trying to get the bad thoughts out of her head; she wasn’t upset at the fact that she was yelled at and slapped. She was upset at the fact that she failed to save Mina and it almost cost her her life.

 

“Aigo, Momo ya, why are you still awake?” A maiden asked after she heard grunting noises in the middle of the night. Momo immediately broke down once the woman wrapped her arms around her and she allowed her to cry as much as she wanted. She knew that Momo was disappointed in herself.

 

“Sometimes, the best way is to not let your feelings get the better of you.”

 

And that was what Momo did. And because of this, she gained Mrs. Myoui’s trust back but Mina wasn’t happy about it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15-year-old Mina was going to high school as per usual. Momo was made to go to school with her because her parents wanted her to be protected. The car ride was silent. No one talked. Momo would get off the car first and then open the door for Mina. Even when she said ‘thank you’ Momo just bowed and waited for Mina to walk before trailing behind her.

 

Mina couldn’t take this anymore. After school, she dragged Momo towards the rooftop and made her sit down with her on the bench provided. Mina then pulled out her phone and made Momo look at every picture.

 

MI: Do you remember out first day of sneaking out? We went to eat such good food and play in the amusement park! I remembered you and I were too scared to go on the rides~

 

Mina looked back at Momo, who was paying no attention. She then tried again with another.

 

MI: Remember how we met? You were such a big, eating so much of what my parents bought for me… I hated you then but then you have something cute about you that made me not hate you~

 

And again, the latter looked at the pictures with empty eyes. Mina sighed and kept her phone in her pocket before sitting silently beside the latter. They were sitting so close but yet, there was a great distance between them. Momo had a lot she wanted to say to the latter. She wanted to laugh with her, she wanted to speak to her but it only brought back the horrible memories of her failure.

 

Mina tried again a few days later but this time, she knew that the plan was going to work – She thought she knew. Mina was at the roof with Momo again when she took a deep breath and grabbed the latter’s hand.

 

MI: Look at me…

 

Momo refused.

 

MI: This is an order Hirai Momo.

 

Momo turned. Both of them stared into each other’s eyes. Momo was not thinking of anything. On the other hand, Mina searched for a hint of emotion. Nothing. Mina leaned closer towards the girl and pecked her on the cheek. Mina realised that she had fallen for the latter while they played. At first she thought it was a normal friendship but she realised it wasn’t when her heart fluttered for the latter.

 

MI: Answer me for the next 5 minutes. Do you not feel anything for me?

 

MM: No, ojo-sama.

 

MI: W-why are you being like that?

 

MM: I’m supposed to protect you and that is what I am doing.

 

MI: Answer my question directly! You still aren’t over that day are you?!

 

MM: …

 

MI: I told you I don’t mind. Why do you keep blaming yourself for it? Look at me, aren’t I alive?

 

MM: That was a horrible mistake I made. I will never forgive myself.

 

MI: So you are willing to throw away what we had for the past few years?

 

MM: Yes, ojo-sama.

 

MI: They are nothing to you then?

 

MM: Nothing, ojo-sa-

 

MI: Don’t call me that! I hate it! What happened to ‘Mina’ or ‘Minari’?

 

MM: I can’t be rude.

 

MI: What?!... Are you joking right now?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter