Life Turns in an Unexpected Way

Beautiful Disaster

OST: Hero by Enrique Iglesias

Let me be your hero

Would you dance
If I asked you to dance?
Would you run
And never look back?
Would you cry
If you saw me crying?
And would you save my soul, tonight?

Would you tremble
If I touched your lips?
Would you laugh?
Oh please tell me this.
Now would you die
For the one you loved?
Hold me in your arms, tonight.

I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.

Would you swear
That you'll always be mine?
Or would you lie?
Would you run and hide?
Am I in too deep?
Have I lost my mind?
I don't care...
You're here tonight.

I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.

Oh, I just want to hold you.
I just want to hold you, oh, yeah.
Am I in too deep?
Have I lost my mind?
Well, I don't care...
You're here tonight.

I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain, oh, yeah.
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.

I can be your hero.
I can kiss away the pain.
And I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.
You can take my breath away.

I can be your hero.


******************************************************************************

Mike was done with his hair and make-up and was waiting for Aom to finish. Her hair was pulled up to a stylish chignon and she was given a pretty off shouldered white dress that in his opinion looked like a wedding dress.

P’Jeab came then to greet them, asking for Aom to just be careful of what she said and say only positive things.

In an apologetic tone, Aom said, “Actually, I want to suggest something”

“What is it?” P’Jeab asked.

“I can’t tell lies very well. I don’t mean to say that this press conference would be a lie, but if we could, I wish we could tell the truth as much as possible”

“Which truth?”

“That this is an arranged marriage that our parents wish to happen. And that we just know each other”

P’Jeab and Mike looked at each other.

“It’s not a bad thing, right? Arranged Marriages still happen in our country. If we tell the truth, I think Mike and I can be more natural. We don’t have to act so in love, because we’re still starting to get to know each other”

P’Jeab brooded, her face getting darker, and Aom was starting to get afraid.

“If you think that’s a bad idea –“

“No, no. I think it’s the best way to deal with this” P’Jeab countered.

“Really?” Mike inquired.

“Yes. Like Aom said, you can both be more natural that way. Besides, the marriage is really going to happen. It’s not a lie”

“Ok”

“If there are difficult questions, let Mike answer it” P’Jeab said.

“We already asked the press to be considerate, but on a live press conference like that, you’ll never know”

Aom felt more nervous, and it was shown on her face, so Mike put his hand on her shoulder.

“It’s going to be alright” he assured.

***************************************************

It’s scary to enter a conference room with what looked like fifty people and cameras flashing nonstop. Aom felt she forgot how to walk properly, and it was Mike who held her and led her to the seats in front of the room.

Everyone went quiet as Mike tried the microphone.

“Good afternoon, everyone. I’m Mike Pirat and this is Sushar Manaying. She’s my fiancé, and we’re getting married at March 16 at the place where we had our first date, Shangrila Bangkok. This is actually an arranged marriage. Our mothers are close and they wish for us to marry. We just start to get to know each other, but we both agreed to this marriage”

After his statement, the press all wanted to ask them questions.

P’Jeab chose a journalist that she knew always gave fair news.

“Why did you agree to the arranged marriage, Mike?”

Mike smiled and turned to Aom.

“Just look at her. Why wouldn’t I agree to marry her? I would be stupid if I refuse, and I think I’m not stupid”

The journalists then laughed with him.

“Besides, I know she’s a really good girl. And we both want to make our mothers happy. So we agreed”

“Aom, what do you think of this>” another journalist asked, “We’re really curious of what you're thinking”

She was sitting too far from the microphone and Mike told her to move forward.

“I – Mike is very nice to me, and like him, I also want to make our mothers happy”

“Are you his fans? Do you like him too?”

“I’m not a fan of him, I’m sorry” she said, smiling at Mike as if she’s sorry.

“She never heard any of my songs or watched my dramas and movies before we were introduced. It hurt my heart a little”

The press laughed again at that.

And Aom said she’s sorry.

“It’s ok. It’s honestly nice to meet a girl who doesn’t follow my work”

“Aom, what do you do?”

“I work at a magazine as a junior editor and work at night at a cafe. But I resigned and I won’t be working there anymore after I married”

“Why are you working two jobs? Are you having financial difficulties?”

It was a very rude question and Mike became angry, but Aom answered, “My father has kidney failure and has to do dialysis regularly, that’s why I’m working two jobs to pay for it”

“Are you marrying Mike because he’s rich?”

A tabloid journalist asked that.

Aom reached for Mike’s hand because she knew he’s going to explode. She was going to answer, but Mike cut her.

“When we marry, we’ll be a family. Her problems will be mine too, as well as my problems would be hers too. But she’s not marrying me because of that. She’s marrying me because my mother fell in love with her and insists that she won’t accept any other daughter in-law from me except her”

“Why the sudden rush? Is there any reason why the wedding will be held two weeks from now?”

They both looked at each other, knowing that the journalist was hinting at whether Aom was pregnant already, so they’re marrying so quickly.

“The reason to marry in two weeks is because my schedule after that will be very packed and the next time I’m free again would be six months from now. Aom actually wished to wait for six months, but our mothers wish it to be sooner, so we’re listening to them”

“What did Sarah say?”

“Sarah already knows that Aom is my fiancé now”

“Could she accept her as your wife?”

“I can’t answer for her, but I’m sure she'll wish me well”

That was an outright lie, but what else could he say?

P’Jeab signalled that it’s been enough, and Mike closed the press conference.

“Thank you for attending. I hope that you’ll all be able to pray for our happiness”

He stood up and Aom followed, as the press asked loudly, “Mike would the wedding be open for press???”.

But they didn’t answer and left the room together.

*********************************************

Honesty would lead to good results, like how Aom always believed.

People in Thailand and abroad who liked Mike sympathized by the sweet reason of their marriage. It’s somehow romantic that the two were still starting to get to know each other but agreed to marry each other.

They showed the positive culture in Thailand where parents were still very important in an individual’s life. The older generation liked how respectable that was.

Mike and Aom’s instagrams were bombarded with comments that congratulated them, saying how happy they were and how cute and sweet they looked together.

There were of course many negative comments too, but those were only the minorities.

Life was unpredictable, though. You could never know what happened next.

For Mike and Aom, to marry each other after such a short time was already a huge surprise. But what would come next would shock them even more.

It all started when one of the senior artist and investor for Mike’s agency called his boss.

P’Jeab couldn’t believe what she was hearing. It was two days after the press conference, and she had never dreamed something like that could happen.

“Do you think Mike will agree to this?”

“I don’t know, P’Ananda. But we can discuss this with him. I have a feeling the rating will be very high. And the price they’re offering is unbelievable”

“Yes, it could fund several dramas production. And if the public like it, which I feel they will, this will make Mike more popular. A lot more popular than he ever dreamed of”

“I guess we better have a meeting. As soon as his schedule allows it”

“I’ll call him now”

“Ok. Let me know, Jeab”

“Yes, I will”

******************************************************

Mike was sitting in the meeting room of his agency and had to ask, “Can you repeat again what you just said?”

“Your press conference video turned viral, Mike. The image of an arranged marriage between two very good looking people is very romantic. People really like it. MBC Korea heard about it, and teamed with True Visions Production, they are offering you and Aom to star in We Got Married Thailand. It will be a little different with the Korean version because you won’t only pretend you’re married, but you two will really marry.

If you agree, you will be signed for four months first. If the rating is good, they might prolong it. You and Aom will have to shoot for the reality show for two days every week. You won’t be acting, but you will be given guidance of what the show is hoping for you two to do”

“.........I don’t want to make my marriage a product, P’Jeab”

“Look at it from the bright side, Mike. You’ve been receiving so much hatred lately. In this show, you’ll be able to show who you really are. It might be good for your image. The show is successful in Korea and China, although the rating has been decreasing in Korea lately. But this will be a first in South East Asia. We can show Thailand’s culture to the world” P’Ananda tried.

“Besides, I have a feeling the rating will hit the roof, Mike. True Visions doesn’t want to do it like MBC. MBC chooses several couples to star in the show, so every couple got averagely 15 minutes in a one hour show. True Visions only want you and Aom as the couple. It will be a solely thirty minutes reality show of the two of you, weekly”

“Cameras will follow us around for 48 hours every week?”

“Not really 48 hours, just covering your activity in two days. They will of course let you rest and have some privacy in those two days”

“......I don’t want to put Aom under spotlight unless it’s really necessary”

“Mike..........this might make you more popular. More than you ever could without this show”

“Consider about her feelings, P’Ananda. She’s not from the entertainment world. Sitting in a press conference already freaks her out. What would happen if cameras follow us for two days every week?”

“Aom doesn’t seem weak to me” P’Jeab commented, “And she respects you. If you agree, I think she’ll listen to you”

“...........that’s very selfish, P’Jeab”

“Look, Mike, let me just be honest here” P’Ananda cut, “If you accept it, you’ll make the agency have enough fund to film dramas until 2017”

“............how much are they offering?”

P’Ananda told him the amount and Mike’s eyes widened.

“You must be kidding me! Why would they pay so much?”

“True Visions are very excited about that, and a famous international bank already agreed to fund this”

Mike was silent, thinking whether he should do it for his agency.

“Besides, you’ll be able to get to know each other in a very interesting way. We Got Married is famous for their romantic scenes and missions. Any girls would love that”

“Minus the cameras for national TV” Mike countered.

“Mike, I’m begging you. Please accept this. Not only for us, but for you too. I’m sure you’ll end up having more supporters because of this show”

“What if it fails and people hate me more?”

“It won’t. Nothing would go wrong if you listen to the public’s taste. And romanticism would never gets old in Thailand. This is something new. People would surely watch it”

“................I’ll talk to Aom” he finally said.

****************************************

Author’s Note:

Tadaaaaa!

Aomike for We Got Married Thailand!

I got the idea when I was at school yesterday, and I was dying to run home but had to endure being a good teacher in class all day, haha.

I hope you find it interesting.

Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing!

PS: My twitter: @vanillasoul257