Her Decision

Beautiful Disaster

Aom was speechless when Mike said they were offered to star in We Got Married Thailand. He told her that in his apartment’s kitchen while eating apples, and he was on munching the third piece already since she went frozen.

She looked funny with her forehead so creased and he bet she was having all those difficult thoughts inside her head.

“Have some” he said, putting a piece of apple on her lips and she took and swallowed it.

“I’m not an actress” she said with full.

“It’s not going to be acting, so you don’t need to be an actress. It’s only whether you wish to share your private life for two days a week or not”

“And let the whole world see how we live”

“Yeah, more or less”

“Will it be good for you?”

His eyebrows were raised and then he sighed.

“There you go again. Worrying about someone else when it’s actually you who have to sacrifice more”

She swallowed her apple.

“I’ve been in this business since I was very young. But you’ve never been on cameras until you know me. It’s been what, a week for you? I can imagine you must be feeling very uncomfortable”

“But will We Got Married Thailand be good to you?”

“Hem.......I guess it’s possibly good for me. Since I will be able to show to the public that I’m not as bad as they thought. And it will also be the first kind of show in the country, so a lot of people will be curious and the ratings might be good. It’s still a bet though. Maybe the public will hate it and no one will care about the show”

She said nothing and was only staring at him with a conflicted expression.

“Tell me what you honestly think, Aom. Tell me without worrying you’ll hurt me. We won’t work out if you won’t tell me how you feel”

“I’m sorry.........I can’t do it”

He was silent for a while, before clapping his hands.

“Amazing. It’s really the first time you say no to me”

“..........why are you so happy?”

He shrugged, “I’m not sure. I guess I want to hear you making a stand for yourself. I already had a feeling that you’ll refuse, and I wish to hear it from you”

“So you’ll say no to your boss? Will they be angry at you?”

“Nope. They’ll understand. They won’t be able to force us doing this, because you’ve never been in the entertainment business”

“Ok”

“I’m sorry that you have to be the one who keep coming here to my place”

“It’s alright. We need to talk and my house is too small. It’s more comfortable talking here, when none of my family can listen and get worried too”

“Do you feel nothing?”

“Huh?”

“You’re with me” he grinned, “Other girls usually turn flirtatious, nervous or shy around me, especially when they’re alone with me. But you’re not, you’re so normal. I have no effects on you”

Aom smiled, “Have I offended a superstar?”

“I’m not offended” he smiled back, “Just curious. And feel challenged. What can I do to make you go crazy, Sushar?”

“Em.........I don’t know. No one has ever asked me that”

“Well, I’m asking you now, and I want an answer, so think about it”

She thought hard for a few seconds as he waited.

“........it’s kindness, I guess”

“Kindness?”

“Yes. When a guy is kind to me, when someone is considerate, it makes me fall for him”

“I see...........”

“Am I weird?”

He shook his head, “Just different”

“It doesn’t matter how good you look, but it’s how you treat me”

“I’ll be kinder to you from now on then. You’ll be my most challenging target”

“I’m marrying you anyway”

“Yeah, but you’re not in love with me”

“You’re also not in love with me” she countered.

“Don’t be so sure on that”

She’s flustered and stammered hearing that, “Don’t play your tricks on me”

“Why not? I’m marrying you, so it’s normal if I try to make you feel more for me”

“I guess I will, with time”

“Listen to an information from an ex-player like me. There’s nothing else more interesting than seeing quiet girls go crazy for you. The hardest it seems, the more fun it is”

Aom could feel her cheeks heating up, and it’s a struggle to look at him then.

“Let’s see how long it will take me to make you go crazy for me”

When he’s flirting like that and she got painfully shy, the only thing she could do was to stay silent until he changed the topic.

Their dinner was delivered then, and they had it without more effort to make her blush from him, thank God, and she went home after that.

*********************************************

P’Ananda and P’Jeab were disappointed because Aom refused, but they understood that it was difficult for Aom. They couldn’t force her to, anyway, she’s not their actress, so they would have to just learn to understand.

Another turn of events though, changed the course of their life.

And it was Sarah’s comment on an interview after she attended a fashion event.

“I’m actually shocked that Mike is going to marry. He’s been saying that he won’t marry until Maxwell is at least ten years old. He said that Max would be his focus for a long time, but apparently, he took back his own words, as usual, haha. There’s nothing else I can do except wishing him well and hoping that he won’t forget his son”

She was saying that in a sad tone, as if she’s being abandoned and fooled by a jerk again.

What she said gained a lot of reaction on social media, and some people said that Mike did it to the poor girl again, secretly going to marry someone else when there she was, being a good mom to his son and had always been waiting for him.

Since she started to know Mike, Aom had begun to actively follow his activities through social media, and she found out a clip of Sarah’s interview.

She was outraged with it, and it made her did something for the first time. Calling Mike.

“How come Sarah turned everything around and made you look like the bad guy for our wedding plan?” she asked as her hello.

“Hi. Did you watch her interview?”

“Yes”

“You shouldn’t. She’ll ruin your mood”

“I don’t get how she made you look so bad”

“It’s her hobby. I’m used to it. You don’t have to mind her”

“I don’t like it. Did you promise her not to marry anyone until your son is at least ten years old?”

“I’ve never said that to her”

“What??? So she lied?”

“She always lies when she speaks bad about me”

“Why are you so quiet about it?”

“Because I think it’s better if we don’t have media war. I don’t want to waste my energy on it. I’m more sorry that this has disturbed you too. Don’t be annoyed, Aom. It’ll pass soon”

“You know what Mike? I think we better do that show”

“What show?”

“We Got Married Thailand”

“Huh? Are you serious?”

“Yes. Being in that show will make you be able to show your thoughts and feelings. After what she said about you, I think we better do it”

He was so surprised again. Why did he keep getting surprised with Aom?

“I don’t like the reason that makes you agree on this”

“Nevermind my reason, Mike. People need to know who you really are”

“If you’re sure, I’ll talk to my boss”

“I am”

“Ok. I’ll pick you up later from work?”

“Ok”

Mike stared at his phone’s screen after they hung up.

Aom is just that kind of person, isn’t she? Always being concerned about others without thinking of herself.

She was very nervous in their press conference. Having cameras around recording her activities might make her unable to speak.

If you keep taking care of others, who will take care of you, Aom?

The answer was so simple he even laughed to himself.

I guess it has to be me, then.

Jang Joob, who was sitting behind him in the van, heard him laughing on his own.

“What is it?” she asked.

“Nothing. Just Aom being Aom”

“Aom being Aom must be so nice then, since you’re laughing like a maniac on your own like this”

“Sshhh, I’m going to call P’Jeab” he warned.

Jang Joob just shook her head and listened to Mike speaking on the phone to his boss.

****************************************************

Author's Note:

Woke up too early and was unable to go back to sleep, so I wrote this. 

Something good happened at work. I will be able to do more interesting things and I got a bonus. Exactly the right time before I go to Korea. 

My evening was terrible though, until I had to sleep early to get rid of the bad emotions. 

Life is indeed like a roller coaster. 

Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting.