A Sweet Prelude

Beautiful Disaster

That afternoon, Aom and Mike sat together in the agency’s office to sign the contract for We Got Married Thailand. The company’s lawyer already explained to them about all the legal terms and obligations. Mike signed the documents first, followed by Aom.

“Now it’s all set. We’ll collaborate. Let’s hope that the ratings will be good” P’Ananda said.

A person then entered hurriedly, so breathless because he was running.

“Sorry I’m late. Just landed from abroad. What did I miss?”

“I was worried because you haven’t come, P’Baz” P’ Jeab commented, “Everyone, this is Baz Poonpiriya, and he’ll be the director for We Got Married Thailand. P’Baz, you already know Mike. Mike, this is P’Baz”

Mike shook the director’s hand warmly, “I’m looking forward to work with you. I like your unique style”

“Of course I know this guy. Hello, Mike. Let’s make a good work together”

“And this is his future wife who will be in We Got Married too, Aom Sushar”

Aom was speaking with Jang Joob, and had to be tapped on the shoulder by Mike to make her notice the director.

“Say hi” he asked.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I was just asking to her what movies have you directed, whether I’ve watched it or not”

Aom offered her hand.

And P’Baz was gaping.

“Um..........hello P’Baz. I’m Sushar Manaying, or Aom. I hope I won’t trouble you during the shooting. I’ve never worked with the camera before. But I promise I’ll do my best”

“He – hello. Wow, you’re very beautiful” he said spontaneously, shaking her hands.

“Thank you”

“I’ll do my best in directing too”

“It’s not going to be real directing, isn’t it?” Mike suddenly cut in, his tone getting colder somehow. “We’ll just get missions and we have to be as natural as possible. No detailed directing needed”

Everyone was surprised with Mike’s respond and that made Aom pulled her hand away from the director’s grasp.

The situation was awkward for a few seconds until Jang Joob said, “It’s time for champagne, I think”

“Yes, champagne!” P’Jeab agreed, speaking louder to make the situation normal again, “I’ll ask the champagne to be brought out so we can toast for the success of this show!”

A staff then brought chilled champagne and crystal glasses.

“To the success of this show!” P’Ananda said, and they all drank after repeating the wish.

Five minutes later, Aom asked, “Is there something wrong?”

“Wolf’s eyes” Mike replied.

“What?”

“Nevermind. Ready to go?”

He half pulled her out of the office and into the elevator to drop her to the cafe, and no matter how Aom asked what made his mood so bad, he refused to answer.

*************************************************

First in Thailand, We Got Married! We will tell you the life of Aom and Mike. One is a common Bangkok Girl who’s pretty and filial, and the other is a famous singer and actor. Following their mother’s wish, they will marry each other. Yes, an arranged marriage. Isn’t it very interesting? These two haven’t known each other for too long, but they will have their wedding day a week from now. What do they feel with the planning? Follow their soon-to be married life here........

The first scene was the press conference where they announced their upcoming wedding.

The next scene was their separate backroom interview. It’s a must in every We Got Married show, where the couple commented about what happened between them.

The first interview was with Mike.

“Is it true, that this wedding is an arranged marriage and you didn’t know Aom before two weeks ago?”

“Yes, it’s true”

“Why do you agree with this marriage?”

“Because Aom is a very good girl, and she’s the type of girl that I want to marry, since, you know, marriage is supposed to be for a lifetime. She’s nice, beautiful, and fun to talk with. Besides, I also want someone who can give me moral support through thick and thin. As the viewers might know, my personal life has been challenging lately”

“Can Aom give the moral support that you need?”

“Yes, she can. She’s doing it very well”

“I see this radiant smile appearing on your face since we start talking about her. Do you like her that much?”

Mike laughed.

“Am I smiling like an idiot? Hahaha. Well, I guess I’m happier lately. And it’s all thanks to her”

“You make it hard to wait until we can see all the episodes”

“It might be hilarious or sweet. So stay tuned”

“We’ll watch eagerly”

*********************************************

Aom was nervous during her interview, and touched her hair many times to calm herself, but it made her nervousness even more obvious.

“Why did you agree to this arranged marriage, Aom?”

“At first, I just wanted to make my family happy. But he’s nice and kind and – exciting to be with, so with time – although it’s only been a short time – I learnt to enjoy being with him”

“Do you think it’s hard being in a relationship with a superstar?”

“........it’s.......definitely different than having a relationship with people who are not in the entertainment business. We can’t meet in public without getting recognized by his fans. So we often meet at his place”

“Do you think Mike is handsome?”

“It would be a lie if I say no, isn’t it?”

“How handsome do you think he is?”

“He’s very handsome” Aom answered sheepishly.

“We’re really looking forward to see the show. Would you like to say something to the viewers?”

“I hope you’ll like the show and feel entertained”

*****************************************

The next scene of the show is of Aom, Mike and their mothers going to a wedding dress boutique to fit their clothes.

“I’m here with my fiancé, Miss Universe and Miss World” Mike announced, pointing at their mothers.

They all laughed for a long time, until Mike continued again,

“I actually want to see how Aom looks in her wedding dress, but Mom said it’s bad luck. I have to see it on the wedding day, and not before it”

“I don’t want to take any chances” Mike’s Mom said.

“So Aom’s mom will accompany her, and my Mom will accompany me”

“No, no. I want to see Aom’s dress too”

“Huh? Then who will be with me?”

“Just ask the crew to take your picture then send it to me”

“.........this is so unfair”! Mike complained.

“Aunty, I think you better accompany Mike” Aom tried.

“Shush, Dear, I want to see your dress. Mike is fine”

Pretending to be angry, Mike then followed the designer’s staff to the dressing room, as Aom and their mothers walked the other way.

The viewers were lucky, since they got to see Mike in the traditional outfit and his tuxedo, and could see Aom trying the traditional and modern wedding dress.

When they finished, Mike immediately asked his mom, “How was she?”

“Oh, she’s so pretty. I even cried. I couldn’t help it”

“Did you take pictures?”

“Mike, I already told you! It’s bad luck! Don’t try to find the pictures in the internet!”

“Fine, I’ll wait until D-Day” he grumbled.

“You won’t be disappointed” his mother promised.

**********************************************

*later for their separate interview*

“How is she? Does she look prettier? You’ve seen the video, right?”

“Mike, why are you the one asking me? It’s supposed to be the other way around”

“I’m so curious. I’m dying!”

“Just wait, Mike. It’s just one week from now”

********************************************

“Are you curious about Mike in his wedding outfit too?”

“I am” Aom smiled, “But I’ll wait until the wedding day. I don’t want our marriage to have bad luck before it starts”

“He’s very handsome in the wedding outfit” the interviewer said, “You might swoon”

Aom laughed hearing that, and said, “I hope so”

********************************************

A day before their wedding day, Mike called Aom at night, when he knew she must be preparing for bed already.

“Will you be able to sleep tonight?”

“I have to, haha. I don’t want to appear with panda eyes on my wedding day”

“You’ll make a very pretty panda”

She laughed again.

“Did you enjoy the spa day with my Mom?”

“Yes. I feel confident to face tomorrow now”

“Can’t wait for the morning to come. I might be the one who can’t sleep tonight”

“Don’t. You’ll appear grumpy tomorrow”

“I never look bad, even when I’m grumpy”

“Whatever you say” she cut. “I’ll try to sleep now. See you tomorrow. Goodnight, Mike”

“Goodnight, Wife”

“I’m not your wife yet. One more day”

“It’s close enough. Go to sleep now, and dream of me”

“Ew! Don’t be so cheesy!”

“Cheesy is expressive” he defended himself.

“See you tomorrow, Cheesy Guy. I’ll hang up now, or you’ll speak for the next two hours”

“Ok. Good night for real this time”

*********************************************

Author's Note:

A sweet chapter to cheer you up!

Hope you'll like the progress. 

Italic font means the scenes that appear in WGM Thailand. 

Actually, I am unwell since Saturday, with allergy and fever, but I'm better today. 

I hope I'll be ok in my Korean trip. 

See you on my next update!