As Sweet As Honey

Beautiful Disaster

She found it very painful to walk in the morning. She was a bit glad to not see Mike anywhere as she woke up wearing only the blanket, but she had to shower, and the wardrobe was too far. Aom ended up holding the blanket around her and walking carefully to the bathroom.

Mike found her like that, walking slowly in the middle of the room, holding the white blanket on her chest.

“What’s wrong?”

She didn’t want to tell him, but he looked so concerned, so she had no other choice.

“It.....hurts to walk”

“.........oh” she smiled. “Sorry about that. Since it’s because of me, so.....”

Aom squealed as Mike carried her swiftly in his arms and up into the shower.

“I’ll take the bathrobe for you” he informed, before turning around again, “If you need help showering, just ask”

“Of course not. Go away!” she denied while smiling and closing the door.

************************************************

Aom ended up spending the day in bed, since it really hurt to walk even for a little, and Mike nursed her all day, including feeding her meals.

“I can eat on my own, you don’t have to exaggerate” Aom complained, trying to catch the spoon from him.

“Don’t. You’re hurt”

“But my hands are fine”

He caught her hand and kissed the inside of her palm.

“Does it hurt now?”

She chuckled, “Of course not”

“Here” he kissed her palm once more, “It hurts, right?”

“Ouw! Yes, it hurts! Ouch!” she played along, “Don’t kiss it again, you’re hurting me!”

“See? Your hands are hurt so you need my help” and he fed her another spoonful of rice and meat.

“What are we doing?”

“Having our honeymoon?”

“Will life..... get harder after this?”

“I don’t know.......I hope not”

“It must be, because life is so sweet today”

“It is nice, isn’t it?” he kissed her nose, “It’s been ages since I feel so carefree”

“You have to go to China in two weeks, right?”

He nodded, “And you’ll come with me, won’t you?”

She nodded, “Your manager already bought me the tickets”

“Will you be bored just following and waiting for me in China?”

“I’ll get myself occupied somehow. I’ll start my cooking course when we return from China”

“We Got Married crew will follow us to China”

“Right. That show. I nearly forgot we’ll have to do it again once we come back to Bangkok”

“I heard you’re starting to get fans too”

“I didn’t do anything interesting”

“But you’re being you is already cute enough. Men will fall for you”

“You’re imagining things”

“No. I know someone who always looks at you like he wants to eat you when we shoot We Got Married”

“Huh? Is there anyone like that?”

“Yup. You just don’t realize it. When we come back, maybe he’ll try to make a move”

“He can’t” Aom laughed, “I’m married!”

“........you have no idea what a guy can do. Married or not, if he wants you, he’ll try to get you”

“I’m still thinking this is just your imagination, Mike”

“No, it’s not. You’ll see. When you’re confused in the future, I’ll tell you “I told you so””

“I have more reasons to be jealous”

“Yeah? Like what?”

“Like Sarah........and all your female friends”

“But they’re not my wife”

“Sarah doesn’t seem like she wants to let you go”

“She just enjoys making my life miserable”

“I think she still likes you.  A lot. And she doesn’t get why you want me instead of her”

“She’s evil. I have no reason to come back to her. Besides, I have you now. Someone who should actually be Maxwell’s mom but came too late into my life”

“........I can’t take this anymore. I want to go home”

He laughed, “What, why???”

“You’re too cheesy. I can’t handle you. Let go! I want to go back to my double jobs!”

“You’re going nowhere. You can’t even walk today!”

“It’s your fault”

“Is it my fault that I attacked you?”

“Yup”

“It’s your fault for being cute”

“Then don’t look at me” Aom suggested, closing his eyes with her hand.

“You’re nice to look at”

“Your eyes are dangerous” Aom closed his eyes again.

“Dangerous?”

“You used to get girls just by looking at them right?”

“Um........”

“See! I’m not the only one!”

“You’re not what?”

“I can’t handle your eyes!”

“You can’t handle my eyes?”

“I can’t look at them for too long”

“Really? Come, look at me”

“No”

“Sushar, look at me” he reached for her chin and stared right into her eyes.

She struggled to stare right back at him and keep a straight face.

And she blushed deeply only after five seconds.

He chuckled, “Goddammit, you’re so cute”

“I can’t do this. I want to go home” Aom complained.

Mike put her plate on the bedside table.

“Wait. I want to finish that” Aom said, trying to get past him to get the plate.

“After this”

“Huh? After what? Move a little, I want –“

And she was pulled then kissed until she forgot what she was going to say.

“You taste like lunch”

“................”

“You’re my lunch then”

“Wait, it –“

“I’ll do it very slowly” he promised, untying her robe and trapping her beneath him.

Aom had an answer for that. She really did. It was at the tip of her tongue. But her brain stopped when his hands began to wander all over her once more.

***********************************************

She wanted to see the resort the next day, planning to have a morning walk and have breakfast outside. Mike said he rather had breakfast in bed, so she agreed, thinking they’d go after that. Of course, it didn’t cross her mind that his breakfast was her, so it took another hour before she could finally shower.

But he followed her to the shower, and that was another hour before they were done.

When they’re finally dressed and ready to go out, it was already lunch time.

“I’m going to call the security if you touch me before we go out again!”

“The security won’t do anything. We’re newlyweds on a honeymoon trip”

“I’m going!” she announced, hurrying to the front door and going outside.

Mike chuckled and followed her.

“Let’s go together!” he called out.

***********************************************

Aom couldn’t take her eyes off the window as the plane took off.

“Don’t be sad, we can always return here” Mike said, trying to cheer her up.

“But we might never be the same”

He frowned, “Why do you say that?”

“Things might happen. And we won’t feel the same like the way we do now”

“Then don’t change. It’s that simple. Or feel more for me. For us”

Aom scrutinized him warily.

“You say things like this so easily”

“What’s wrong with that? We control our feelings, Sushar. If you want to keep feeling like our honeymoon, then do it. Feelings only fade away if you let it. So don’t”

“........maybe you’re right”

“I am right” he insisted, and she laughed.

“Alright, alright. There’s no need to be this serious. You’ll have wrinkles, and it’s bad. You’re an idol”

“I’ll still look good though I have wrinkles”

“How arrogant”

“Arrogant but yours” he countered smoothly.

She hit his arm and giggled at him, as he forever had an answer for all her worries.

**************************************************

Their first scene in We Got Married Thailand after they returned from their honeymoon was a backroom interview. Aom’s interview was aired first.

“How was your honeymoon with Mike?”

“It’s......very nice” she laughed and blushed. “We become closer and we know each other better”

“Were you sweet together?”

“I think we’re very sweet. Honestly I didn’t expect much, since we just met for a few weeks before we marry. But it’s.......beyond my expectation”

“Are you happy with your honeymoon?”

“Yes. Very. He brought me to a beautiful resort”

We Got Married then showed the Vijitt resort to give the viewers an idea of where they went.

“I’ll definitely remember it for many years to come” Aom said with a sweet smile.

***********************************************

“How was your honeymoon with Aom?”

“It was great. We had a great time”

“Have you ever thought that you’d be this happy with her at first?”

“............I didn’t think much before I met her. I just know that my Mom wants to introduce me to her and arrange our marriage. I remember rejecting to see her, because I thought my mom wanted to meddle on my personal life too much. Thank God I finally listened to her”

“What do you feel about Aom now?”

He tried to think, to say some normal-sounding comment, the camera zooming-in on his face.

“I think I’m...... the luckiest man in the world” he laughed. “I’m very happy now. She makes me very happy. So......guys, if your mothers want to arrange a marriage for you, try to meet the girl. You might end up as lucky as me” he said directly to the camera.

The scene then closed with the caption on screen, “Aomike, may you always be happy”

And the next episode would be about Aom preparing breakfast for Mike, and a scene of Aom trying to wake him up and she was pulled directly to the bed. She panicked then said, “Mike, Mike! We’re on camera! We’re shooting We Got Married, remember?”

Mike blinked and let her go, saying, “Right. Good morning, everyone” in a hoarse, sleepy voice.

And their life as a married couple began. 

 

Author's Note:

Conflicts are coming up, but their sweetness will keep on happening too. 

I hope this could entertain you ^_________^

I already return to work after my holiday in Korea. Seoul is cold, until -5 degrees, but as I returned to Jakarta, the weather was 32 degrees. So extremely different TT____________TT

I'm starting to watch Descendants of The Sun too. I get why people really love Song Song Couple, they're so cute!

Until next update!