Caught in a Crisis

Beautiful Disaster

OST: If You're Not The One by Daniel Beddingfield

If you're not the one, why does my soul feel glad today?
If you're not the one, then why does my hand fit yours this way?
If you are not mine, then why does your heart return my call?
If you are not mine, would I have the strength to stand at all?

I never know what the future brings
But I know you're here with me now
We'll make it through and I hope
You are the one I share my life with

I don't wanna run away but I can't take it, I don't understand
If I'm not made for you, then why does my heart tell me that I am?
Is there anyway that I can stay in your arms?

If I don't need you, then why am I crying on my bed?
If I don't need you, then why does your name resound in my head?
If you're not for me, then why does this distance name my life?
If you're not for me, then why do I dream of you as my wife?

I don't know why you're so far away
But I know that this much is true
We'll make it through and I hope
You are the one I share my life with

And I wish that you could be the one I die with
And I pray that you're the one I build my home with
I hope I love you all my life

I don't wanna run away but I can't take it, I don't understand
If I'm not made for you, then why does my heart tell me that I am?
Is there anyway that I can stay in your arms?

'Cause I miss your body and soul so strong
That it takes my breath away
And I breath you into my heart
And I pray for the strength to stand today

'Cause I love you whether it's wrong or right
And though I can't be with you tonight
And you know my heart is by your side

I don't wanna run away but I can't take it, I don't understand
If I'm not made for you, then why does my heart tell me that I am?
Is there anyway that I can stay in your arms?


*******************************************************************************************

“He has his good and bad sides, I guess” Aom told Aung, her sister, who climbed her bed and lied there to listen to her story of the night.

“Is he handsome? As handsome as he is on TV?”

“..........he is”

“How handsome?”

“Very handsome”

“Do you like him?”

Aom was silent.

“Hey, you don’t deny it instantly! It means you’re considering whether you like him or not!”

“Hm.......I can say I don’t hate him”

“When will you see him again?”

“...........I don’t know”

“But do you want to see him again?”

“........he made me cry”

“WHAT???” Aung screamed, sitting up in a heartbeat, “Why, what did he say??? What did he do???”

“He spoke about me wanting to do this only to pay for father’s medical bills”

“What. A. Filthy. Bastard! And then you cried?”

“I felt really insulted and angry. I ran away but he stopped me. He apologized so much and in the end I –“

“What? What did you do???” Aung asked, as if watching a thriller, unable to see what could happen next.

“I end up crying as he hugged me”

“WHAT??? YOU LET HIM DO THAT???”

“I know it’s stupid. I don’t know why I did that”

“Usually you never let a guy touch you so easily!!!”

“I know, right?”

And his question was repeated again in her head, as if he was there beside her.

“Sushar, has life been really hard for you?”

She wanted to cry again when she remembered it. Life had been hard. She just put up a strong front all the time in front of her family, because she didn’t want to make them sad. And she appeared cheerful all the time, because she didn’t want anyone to ever underestimate her.

Mike was actually the first person who ever asked her that question, and she apparently had always been waiting for that, so she broke down when she heard it.

But it was probably only a one time occasion. She shouldn’t think so much about it.

“And then what happen next?”

“Since I don’t want our mothers to ask too much question if we come home too early, I returned to the restaurant and we finished our dinner”

“How did the white roses happen?” Aung asked, signalling to the bouquet at their little vanity.

“A waiter handed it to me after I returned from the toilet at the restaurant. I guess Mike asked him to buy it when I was retouching my make-up”

“Were you still angry after the roses?”

“........no. Because he apologized so sincerely. He genuinely looked like he regretted it”

“And you’re able to continue dinner after that?”

“Yup”

“............you rarely get angry, but when you do, you always stay angry for a long time. It’s crazy how you can continue eating after that”

“He has a right to talk about it, actually. Because he’s the other party of this so called arranged marriage plan. He has a right to know if I agree, for what reason it would be”

“So you went home after that?”

“No. We had ice cream first”

“.........usually you only ate ice cream with me after you’re really sad or angry and cried because of it”

“That’s right”

“Why did you do it with him? I thought it’s only our sisterhood ritual!”

“We were trying to be out for two hours, so our mothers won’t ask too many questions”

“What did you two talk about?”

“Many things, but especially his son”

Aung wanted to ask more, but she thought Aom looked tired, so she let her cleaned up and got ready for bed.

She already thought that Aom might agree to the marriage, since she knew how much her sister loved their father. But......she didn’t think Aom would enjoy it. Who knew, maybe not only this would save their father, it would also bring joy to Aom.

*********************************************

Sometimes, Mike forgot that he’s a public figure. He didn’t check his social media for hours, but after he showered that night, he opened instagram and searched the hashtag of his name.

His phone nearly slipped and hit his own face when he saw pictures of him and Aom. The pics of them dining at Next2, of him hugging her while she cried, and of them having ice cream together at Baskin Robbins.

“No. No, no, no. This can’t be happening already”

What would happen to her???

He’s really worried, and woke up early in the morning then browsed again.

Overnight, people had found out old pictures of their mothers and Aom, on Aom’s graduation day in high school, which his mom apparently posted in Facebook years ago.

Once they knew her name, it’s easy for them to find out where she lived and worked.

He went to work feeling afraid for her.

As he shot his first talkshow of the day, the entertainment news on TV already reported “Hot Topic: Mike Pirat’s New Woman!”.

During breaks he saw pictures of some of his possessive fans who came to Aom’s house, then to the magazine office where she worked.

“Mike!!!” Ying called him on the phone in afternoon, “Aom is getting swarmed by the press and your crazy fans! What should we do? She looks really scared”

He was in the middle of a photoshoot by then.

“I can’t leave now. I’m under contract for this work and I have to do this. Can’t you go there and help her?”

“What can I do against all those press and fans? They look like one hundred people!”

“I have another talkshow after this. I’ll go to her cafe when I’m done. Where is it? Send me the address”

“I’ll go there too. When do you think you’ll be there?”

“6 pm”

“Ok, see you there”

Mike noticed people whispering around him and throwing him those looks, exactly like when the news that he’s the father of Maxwell spread out.

He gritted his teeth and continued to do his job.

But this is different this time, he thought.

Sarah wanted the public to know about what happened. She craved for attention and wanted it. Aom didn’t ask for this. She didn’t even ask to be with him, but her life was disturbed already.

If I were her, I would hate this guy who suddenly got pushed to her by their mothers and made her life messy.

It’s his personal life that’s messy, she didn’t need to get involved in this.

*************************************************

She was shocked when she left for work that morning, because there were lots of journalists in front of her house, flashing their flashlight and screaming questions, “Miss Sushar, are you Mike’s new girlfriend?”, “What is your relationship?”, “Are you two dating?”, “Would you like to say something for our show?”.

It’s like being hunted by hunters, and she managed to finally leave the house through the backdoor, wearing a hoodie to cover her face.

Another pack of journalists were already at the elevator in front of the magazine office, and they jumped at her mercilessly, shouting questions and snapping pictures again. She wanted to scream at them and cried, but in the end she only ducked and ran to the office.

She wasn’t safe yet, people in her office attacked her with questions, mostly “How come you’re suddenly out with The Mike D’Angelo???”.

“I can’t answer it. Let’s not talk about it”

Maybe because she looked so stressed already, people let her go and she could work peacefully.

It’s hard when she came out from the office. She took the stairs and went down five floors, but the journalist ran after her.

She begged, “Please go, I can’t say anything!” but they were deaf to her plea and kept bombarding her with questions.

It’s scary to stand in front of thirty something journalists, and she had to run for the cafe, and run she did, catching up a bus and hoping they lost her there.

But they didn’t, they chased her with their cars and minivans.

She had to run like a fugitive straight to the cafe. It was even worse because a dozen of Mike’s possessive fans were already there and they attacked her with questions “Why were you with Mike last night? Are you two dating? How could you even dream of being with him???”.

Her friends at the cafe only asked her, “What’s going on?”

She didn’t even try to answer them and only went to the toilet to change her clothes to the cafe’s uniform and apron.

When she’s out, those journalists were already inside the cafe, yelling the same questions.

“Please leave. You’re disturbing our customers! Please leave, please!” she begged them all.

“Are you and Mike Pirat dating? What is your relationship? How is your relationship with Sarah and Maxwell?”

“I can’t say anything. Please leave me alone!”

She was completely terrified back then, blinded by the flashlight and moving away from them until her back hit the counter.

Her friends at the cafe tried to help her, but five other people were powerless against so many people.

She began to try blocking the flashlight with her hands, a sob stuck in , her ears ringing with the questions they were yelling already.

“Somebody please help me!” she screamed inside her heart. And she heard a man screamed, “Stop this!!! Leave her alone!!!”

The journalists changed their focus to the newcomer, while some fans squealed and screamed his name.

It was Mike, who reached her and asked, “Are you alright?”

She was too stunned to say anything, while the journalists crazily snapped pictures and asked, “Are you two dating? Is she your new girlfriend? What about Sarah and Maxwell?”

“Everyone, please” Mike tried to speak politely, although he looked like it’s the last thing he wished to do. “Everyone, please stop disturbing this girl. Don’t ask her questions. Don’t come to her office or this cafe. Don’t ever bother her family at her house again. If you keep doing that, I will take legal actions and formally sue you”

That made some of the journalists lowered their camera.

But it’s only for a second, before they continued with, “Mike, who is she? Are you two together?”

“Yes, we’re together. She’s my fiancé. But she never asked for any of this, so please let her live peacefully and don’t disturb her”

Aom gaped at that and thought “Why would he say that when nothing’s been decided yet?”

“She’s a very respectable girl” Mike continued, “She’s not in the entertainment business so you must be really scaring her. Please help me, don’t disturb her and let her continue her activities as usual”

“When is the wedding?” a journalist asked.

Once a person asked that, the other thirty continued to press the same question.

“It’s still being discussed between our families. You’ll know when it happens. I’ll announce it publicly, so please leave her alone. If anyone does this again, disturbing her during any of her activities, I really will sue the person responsible. Now that you get what you want to know, please go”

And then his hands circled protectively around her waist and she was led outside the cafe, out into the streets, and into a sedan. All the way, the journalists kept on following and flashing their cameras.

Aom was really in a state of shock, and she couldn’t stay anything.

“Are you alright, Aom? Are you hurt anywhere?”

She shook her head.

“Here” a pretty girl behind the wheel offered her a bottle of mineral water. “Drink some water first”.

She tried to open it but her hand was shaking, so Mike took it and opened it for her.

She took a few grateful gulps and inhaled then exhaled.

“I’m really sorry for this” Mike said.

“Are you alright?” the pretty girl asked.

She nodded. “I’m – it’s just – they’re so scary. Like monsters”

“Yeah, you’re right. They could be like monsters sometimes. They won’t care how you feel as long as they could get you in their news”

“They’re not going away”

“They’re not, but we will. Come on, Ying, drive”

Ying began to drive away, “Where will we go?”

“My place” Mike said.

“What? Why? No, no. Just take me home”

“Aom, look, they’re following us. Would you like them to follow you to your house and disturb your family?”

“........no”

“See? My place is an apartment with high security. No one will disturb you there”

“........Ok”

They didn’t say much after that, until they arrived at his apartment building.

When they went out of the car, the journalists took their pictures again, but this time from a safe distance. Maybe Mike’s threat of suing them made them behaved a little better.

“Mike, Mom has been calling me since we left the cafe. Seems like she just knew Aom is being chased by these paparazzi. You’ll be able to take care of her, right? I have to go and talk to Mom, I think she’s worried sick”

“Yeah, just tell her I’ll take care of Aom”

Ying was a bit taken aback by that, but she only smiled then drove away.

Aom didn’t have time to ponder much, because Mike was already holding her hand and pulling her to the nearest elevator.

She looked back to see the journalists were stopped by the securities, and were denied entry to the lobby.

She entered the elevator gratefully, happy to be free from those monsters, until she realized Mike was standing so close behind her.

She instantly moved away.

When the lift stopped at his floor, her feet refused to move.

“I don’t think we have better choice, Aom. You’ll be save here. Come on” he pulled her by the hand, up into the carpeted hallway, then into his apartment.

A second later found Aom inside the apartment of the so called handsome superstar, still in her cafe’s uniform and apron.

Mike looked down at her and thought she looked more terrified then than when all those cameras flashed in front of her. And he found that very adorable.

**********************************************

Author's Note:

I hope you like the update.

About my other Aomike fic "I'm Here For You", it's only a oneshot, and I won't continue it. But I might write other oneshots about real Aomike in the future. 

Do comment if you like this, tell me what you think. 

PS: spazz Aomike with me on twitter @vanillasoul257