Future Plans

Beautiful Disaster

OST: Marry You by Bruno Mars

It's a beautiful night ,
We're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby
I think I want to marry you

Is it the look in your eyes?
Or is it these dancing juice?
Who cares baby
I think I wanna marry you

Well I know this little chapel on the boulevard we can go
No one will know
Oh come on girl

Who cares if we're trashed got a pocket full of cash we can blow
Shots of patron
And it's on girl

Don't say no, no, no, no-no
Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah
And we'll go, go, go, go-go
If you're ready, like I'm ready

Cause it's a beautiful night
We're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby
I think I wanna marry you

Is it the look in your eyes?
Or is it the dancing juice?
Who cares baby
I think I wanna marry you

I'll go get a ring let the choir bells sing like oooh
So what you wanna do?
Let's just run girl

If we wake up and you wanna break up that's cool
No, I won't blame you
It was fun girl

Don't say no, no, no, no-no
Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah
And we'll go, go, go, go-go
If you're ready, like I'm ready

Cause it's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby
I think I wanna marry you.

Is it the look in your eyes?
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

Just say I do,
Tell me right now baby,
Tell me right now baby, baby
Just say I do
Tell me right now baby,
Tell me right now baby, baby

Oh it's a beautiful night
We're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby
I think I wanna marry you

Is it the look in your eyes?
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares baby
I think I wanna marry you.


********************************************************************************************************

As they were cooking in his kitchen, he asked for her Instagram ID.

She flipped the omelette with fried rice carefully and answered, “It’s Aom underscore Sushar”.

“Come here” he asked, pulling her close and setting his phone on selfie mode. “Smile” he ordered, before snapping their picture.

He posted that on his Instagram and tagged her, with the caption “Preparing dinner”.

“And it’s done”

“Will that be alright?” she asked, frowning at the picture.

“Yup. This way, my good fans will learn to respect you”

“And your........haters?”

“They just love to hate me anyway, no matter what I do”

She didn’t answer to that, and watched him cooked his spaghetti. Their dinner turned out to be really tasty.

After dinner, Mike declared he’d like to shower.

“Would you like to shower too?”

“Uh.......”

“Not with me, I mean” and he laughed after saying it, “In another room. Ying often stays here so you can just borrow her clothes. It’s 11 PM already”

“Right. Thank you. I will. But I need to call my mother first, I usually reach home by this time”

Mike stood beside her to listen, hearing how she awkwardly said, “I’m sorry for what happened today Mom. I’m at Mike’s place now. I think it’s better if I don’t stay there tonight. Even now, the press are still downstairs. They are like monsters, they’ll disturb you and daddy”

“It’s better here because the security is really tight. I’ll go home tomorrow morning”

“Yes, Mike is nice”

She looked around and asked him because her mother told her to, “How many rooms do you have here?”

“Four” Mike answered, knowing perfectly well the purpose of the question.

“There are four rooms here, Mom. Yes. I’ll go there tomorrow morning before going to the magazine. Ok, bye Mom”

“All set?”

She nodded.

“Go shower now. The bedroom is the second door over there”

“I’ll wash the dishes first”

“Huh? There’s no need. A housekeeper will come tomorrow to tidy up everything”

“But what will we use to cook the breakfast tomorrow?”

“I have other pans and things”

Aom looked at him in a very judgemental expression.

“What?”

“You’re so lazy”

“Hey!”

She moved to the sink and began to wash up.

“I work hard all the time, so what’s wrong in paying somebody to clean my place?”

“You should only use a helper to do things you really can’t do” she lectured.

He stood beside her and began wiping the dishes she just washed.

“And hiring a helper is such a waste of money. They’re expensive”

“Only one housekeeper, Aom. I can afford it”

“You better save your money”

“I do”

“Well, you’ll save more without a helper”

“So what, then? You’ll stay home after we marry, clean the house, cook for me and iron my clothes?”

She turned to him with that angry look he began to feel familiar looking at, and frowned.

She was going to start another lecture when he sprinkled her face with water.

“Mike!”

He splashed her more.

“You’re so childish!”

He splashed her even more.

She became angry and splashed him too, and it suddenly turned into a splashing water war, they get so busy avoiding the other’s attacks and kept running back to the sink to get more water and splash each other.

She was shrieking and he was laughing and then she slipped on the wet floor.

It was only a split second. He watched her fell as if in those cheesy slow motion in movies, and he jumped to catch her. He ended up falling on the floor with her above him.

Once he caught his breath, he focused his eyes on her shocked and concerned face.

“Are you alright, Mike? Are you hurt?”

“............are you always going to be like this?”

“What?”

“Are you always going to be worried about me when you’re the one hurting?”

He lied on the wet floor and looked up at her who was holding her weight above him.

“I’m fine. You?”

“I’m ok. It’s just a slip”

“You’re so light. I think you’re malnourished”

Aom realized their scandalous position and quickly pulled away.

“Other girls would kill to sit on me like that” he teased, “You should be proud, not embarrassed”.

“I.....ahem, I’m go – gonna shower now. You mop the floor on your own, it’s your fault in the first place”

“Fine”

“Fine”

He still lied on the floor for a while after that, thinking back of everything that happened since he had his first dinner with Aom at the Next2 Cafe last night until that moment.

It’s strange. He felt as if he had been with her for a lifetime, while it’s actually only been two days.

*****************************************

They met again after they showered. She had worn Ying’s t-shirt and shorts, which were too big for her, and he wanted to laugh at her, but didn’t. She had washed her hair and was wearing a towel up her head, and he was sitting on the couch in front of the TV.

He signalled for her to sit down beside him and she did.

“I’m gonna talk to my boss tomorrow, tell her that we’re planning to marry”

“I heard that your mother want us to marry as soon as possible”

“Do you want to marry as soon as possible?”

She thought for a second, before asking, “How soon is soon? I need to prepare myself”

“To enter marriage life with a stranger?”

She turned to him.

“How about you? What do you think is best?”

He looked at her seriously, before saying, “I want you to quit one of your jobs. Just work for one. Don’t exhaust yourself anymore”

“..........can I really do that?”

“The reason for this marriage is to make your life better”

“No, it’s to make our parents happy”

“It’s useless if you have happy parents but you’re not happy yourself”

“........yes, Teacher”

He chuckled. “Do I sound so serious?”

“Very much”

“But this is a serious matter right?”

“Right”

“So quit one job. Or both of it”

She looked at him and contemplated.

“Do you like your jobs?”

“........they’re just jobs. I need the monthly pay”

“Then isn’t it better to just quit from them?”

“And then what? Follow you around?”

“That would be nice”

She looked at him in an “you must be joking expression”.

“What? My mom stopped being an actress when she married! She raised us all, attended our school events, and does lots of charities. And she made our house a happy home”

“I know. My mom is also like that”

“So? I’m not asking you to be a housewife, I’m just saying you can be if you want”

She said nothing.

“Have you ever thought about it? If you don’t have to work all day, what would you do instead?”

“Publish a novel”

“Ok. Then write it”

“.........really?”

“Why not? I’ll give you monthly allowance too”

She frowned at that.

“That doesn’t sound right”

“Aom, you’re going to marry me. Isn’t it normal?”

“.............”

“I’ll just give it to you, ok. Discussion done about that. So you’ll quit your jobs and write your novel. And then I’ll help you giving it to a publisher”

“But.......you do everything for me. What can I do for you?”

“Just.......” he lost his words, and he waved his hand in the air in an attempt to explain it. “Just be with me”

“Just take care of you?”

He nodded.

“Are you blushing?” she asked.

“I’m not”

“You are”

“Am I?”

“Yeah”

He cleared his throat.

“Next.........the wedding. Do you want a traditional one or the modern one?”

She laughed, “God, this is so crazy. I can’t believe I’m planning my wedding with someone I just met yesterday”

“I know, right? But we need to talk about this to settle it”

“How about just letting our mothers arrange it? I think they’ll be happier that way”

“Are you sure about that?”

She nodded.

“When should we marry?”

“.............when do you have time?”

“I don’t have drama shooting until next month. The next time I’ll be free again is six months from now”

“Then let’s marry six months from now?”

Mike peered at her face to gauge what she was thinking inside, then carefully said, “I think we better marry next month”

“What? Why should we do it that fast?”

He took his phone and clicked her Instagram.

“Crazy girls are starting to attack you with negative comments. We better marry as soon as possible to protect you”

“..........words from people I don’t know won’t hurt me”

His hearts flipped again.

“You say the most amazing things sometimes”

“What? It’s true. I don’t care. I don’t know them. They can’t hurt me”

“I care, ok? I care. I don’t want to give people reasons to say rude words to you. I want us to marry as soon as possible so these crazy people can shut up”

“I think your fans will assume I’m stealing you from them”

“They don’t own me, and I’m marrying you willingly”

She smiled at that. “If they hear that, their hearts will break”

“I can’t please everyone. But I want to take care of you”

“Has it always been so easy for you to speak so........romantically?”

He’s surprised, “Am I saying romantic things?”

“Yup. It’s a little – difficult for me to handle”

“Why? Don’t you like it?”

“It’s......making me want to facepalm, haha. It’s embarrassing”

“But I mean it, Sushar”

“I know”

“We’ll marry next month?”

“Ok”

“Ok”

“Then you’ll be my wife”

“And you’ll be my husband”

“And we’ll live here together”

“Here in this apartment?”

“Yes. Why? Should I buy a house?”

“God” Aom finally facepalmed.

“What is it?”

“Is this really happening?”

“It is”

“I’ll live here. With you. Don’t buy anything unless it’s really necessary”

“Ok. Are you alright?”

“Not really. I’m –“ she inhaled then exhaled. “This is. We’re getting married. It’s a lifetime commitment”

“Yup, it is”

“Why are you always just "ok ok" all the time? Aren’t you concerned too?”

He shrugged, “I know I’m marrying a good girl, so what’s the problem?”

Aom sighed in frustration. “I get it, you like to simplify everything”

“And you like to complicate everything. We’re a good match”

“You’re insane”

“What? I have lots of problems. But stressing about it won’t help. I mean, I do stress a lot, but I try to keep moving. I try to find solutions and fix my problems. That’s it”

“Will Sarah hate our marriage?”

“I don’t know. I guess she will. But to be honest, I don’t give a ”

Aom cringed with the rude word.

“What if she makes it difficult for you to see your son?”

“She already does. I can sue her in court and battle her for custody, but I don’t want to. It will be bad for Maxwell, knowing in the future about it. So I just let her be as long as I still can see my son from time to time”

“I see. I guess I’ll.........be there when you miss your son”

His stomach churned hearing that, and he had a mind to just kiss this tiny girl beside him senseless, but he thought it would scare her more.

“That would be great. Or you can give me a daughter”

“What???”

He laughed seeing her shocked expression.

“Married people have kids, Sushar. And I’ve been wishing for a daughter for a while. I see these pretty daughters of my fan, their names are Yada and Yoranda, and they’re super cute. Having one like them would be great”

Aom felt her cheeks got hot and she said out loud, “Next topic, please”.

“A daughter like you would make life sweeter”

“NEXT TOPIC, PLEASE!!!”

He laughed until he rolled down to the rug, and she hated him for making fun of her nervousness.

“Ugh, I’ll just go to sleep!”

But he caught her hand.

“No, wait! Don’t go yet, I was only joking!”

“You’re annoying”

“I swear I was only joking. You look so tense so I –“ he said, trying to curb his laughter.

“Stop laughing”

“But if a daughter happened, I’ll really like it”

“I said, stop it”

“Ok, ok wait” he said, inhaling to calm himself and sat back on the couch, pulling her to sit back down too.

She sat back down carefully as if she’s afraid he’d explode into craziness again.

“I’ll talk to my boss tomorrow and we’ll release an official statement about us”

“I’ll put on my resignation letter on my two jobs”

“Is there something that you’d like to do beside writing your novel?”

“I’ve always wanted to take courses and learn many things. I often wish that in the past”

“What courses?”

“Cooking. Handcraft. Sewing. Foreign language..........those kinds of things that take only a few months but you end up learning a lot”

“.........you’re really something” he commented.

“I’ll do it after we marry”

“Ok. Sounds great”

They stared at each other then, both feeling satisfied with the arrangement.

“Ready for bed now? It’s midnight already”

“It’s been a roller coaster, so I think we better rest now”

“Don’t come to my bed and me, Aom”

“I won’t!”

“I really will lock my door to be safe”

“You’re completely crazy!” she said, getting up from the couch and going to Ying’s room, before closing the door and locking it.

Mike chuckled as she left, starting to believe that life would be better from then on.

************************************************

Sarah Casinghini took a break from dancing at the party and sat down to check her phone. As per her usual habit, she opened Mike’s Instagram.

And she gaped seeing Mike’s picture, cooking in the kitchen with such a plain an unattractive girl.

She quickly clicked the hashtag of his name and found pictures of him coming to Aom’s cafe. She found clips uploaded by fans too, and saw him saying the girl was his fiancé.

“What the hell is going on?”

Her friend heard her screamed and came to her.

“What is it?”

“Mike is dating this girl!!! And they’re getting married! What will happen to me now? Will he keep paying Max’s alimony?”

“I guess he will”

“But – I thought he’s not going to marry for years. Why suddenly she’s with this ? And she’s so......so boring-looking too. What does he see in her? How can he choose her instead of me? I mean, look at me!!!” she said angrily, waving her hand all over her y body with an equally y dress.

“He wants to be with this girl who looks as thin as a board? Is he doing this to piss me off?”

“I bet he is” her friend agreed. “She looks like maid compared to you. You’re so hot and pretty”

“I can’t with this. I’m so going to destroy this !!!”

She ordered a drink and drank a whole glass to feel better.

“If Mike decided to choose the most unattractive girl in Thailand to piss me off, I swear I’m going to make him regret it. He’ll have to crawl and beg me to forgive him!!!”

She downed another glass and slammed it to the counter.

**********************************************

Author’s Note:

Another chapter!

Hope you like the update.

I’m loving this fictional Aomike of mine more and more.

And Sarah is necessary for conflict, haha. No stories are interesting without conflicts, right?

Anyway, if you know any English songs that could fit this story, please tell me. Writing while listening to a song inspires me.

Have a great day everyone!