Paradise Lost

Beautiful Disaster

Aom woke up when the sunray fell on her face. Squinting, she opened her eyes and looked around, then she half screamed when she turned right and saw Mike lying awake, watching her.

“Oh my God, you scared me!”

“What? What did I do?”

“You’re just – you know. A guy. Lying in bed beside me. It has never happened before so I’m kinda shocked”

“Start getting used to it” he suggested, kissing her cheek, “Go shower. We’ll go to the airport directly after you’re ready”

“You still haven’t told me where we’re going”

“To my favourite resort at Phuket”

“For a week?”

“Yup. Why? Do you want it to be a month? I can’t, Baby, I have to work after our honeymoon”

Aom could only smile at him being so hyper and joking at 8 in the morning.

“I don’t bring enough clothes for a week”

“Ying bought you a suitcase full of new clothes”

“Really? But she doesn’t know my size”

“Ying is an expert on clothes, don’t worry about it. Come on, shoo! Shower! I’ll call the room service for breakfast, then we can go”

“Alright, alright”

After she got up from the bed and entered the bathroom, Mike congratulated himself. He managed to stop only on kissing her last night, and let her sleep after that. He did pull her into his arms after she fell asleep, but it didn’t count, right?

During this trip though......

Being patient for one day was enough, he decided.

*******************************************

All of the clothes Ying bought for her were either too elegant, too y or too stylish. Those were the things Aom always wanted to try, but never had the courage to. When Mike finished showering and was already wearing his baggy shorts and sleeveless top, Aom was still pondering what to wear.

“What’s wrong?” he asked curiously.

“I’m not sure about any of this”

She looked so troubled that he had to stand beside her. Then he took a denim miniskirt and red tank top.

“Wear this. You’ll look amazing in it”

“But it’s too revealing!”

“Ying is never wrong with fashion. Just wear it”

When Aom reappeared from the bathroom, Mike whistled.

“Stay still and let me take your picture”

“This is too revealing!”

“It’s not, Aom. We’re going to a beach resort! What do you think you should wear?”

She stomped to the same suitcase and rummaged until she found a cardigan, then wore it.

Mike tried to take it off of her.

“Take it off, Aom, stop trying to cover yourself”

“I’m uncomfortable!”

“But you look ier without the cardigan!”

“Let me wear this or I won’t go with you to Phuket!” she threatened, and he instantly held up his hands in defeat.

“If that’s how you play, then so be it”

*********************************************************

It took hours for them to reach The Vijitt Resort at Phuket, but when they finally reached it, Aom could understand why Mike really loved the place. It’s very romantic, calming and beautiful all at the same time.

Her eyes couldn’t take everything in all at once, but like love, she fell at the first sight.

Mike followed as she walked around the resort he rented, feeling happy that she, too, obviously liked the place.

“This is an incredible place, Mike. It’s like heaven!”

“I know, right? It’s very private too, so when I want to disappear for a few days, I always come here. It just never crossed my mind that I’ll be taking a wife here so soon”

“You’re not regretting, it, right?”

“Of course not, Silly. I’m just happy to take you here”

They were both starving, so the first thing they did was having an early dinner. When everything was polished and they were drinking iced coconut water, Aom told him, “I have a wedding present for you”

“Really???”

“Yes. Wait. I’ll take it first”

She returned with a little paper bag and a letter for him.

“Read the letter first”

“Ok”

And he did, reading that she wrote:

 

Dear Mike,

This month has been a roller coaster ride for us. From meeting for the first time, knowing that we’re going to marry each other, dealing with the press, and shooting We Got Married. On top of all that, we are entering marriage life together.

I was shocked that I had to marry you, since it never crossed my mind to marry someone I don’t know.

But although I’ve known you for only a short time, I can sincerely say that it’s really fun to be with you. Talking with you always turned to be something exciting. And I believe you are a good man, because you’ve treated me like a gentleman since the first day.

I am afraid, that you will always give more to me than my ability to give back to you. You’re so expressive, while I’m not. You’re so transparent, while everybody says that I’m hard to understand. But I want to care for you as much as you care for me.

Sometimes you might not understand me, sometimes it will be hard for me to understand you. We might even fight, yet I’ll always remember that we marry each other because we need support from one another.

If I ever make life unbearable for you, or hurt you in the future, please don’t let me go. I am very stubborn, but please remind me why we agreed to marry in the first place.

I promise, no matter what, I will take care of you, respect you and make you happy.

If things get hard for us, I will always be by your side.

Happy Wedding Day, Mike.

 

Yours Sincerely,

 

Sushar Manaying

 

Mike opened the paper bag and found a box. Inside, there were a couple of black Michael Kors watches. He carefully took one, and turned it around. Inside, inscribed was “Aomike – 16042016”.

The same writing was also inscribed on her watch.

“Thank you” he said, nearly unable to speak. “I love it. Thank you so much, Sushar. Let’s wear it”

He put his watch on his left wrist, and hers on her slender wrist.

“Thank you. You make marriage feels so good” he exclaimed, kissing her hand gently.

“I’m happy you like it”

“I’m going to keep the letter and reread it in the future when we fight”

“Don’t jinx it” Aom smiled.

“Now.........we should do our next schedule”

“What schedule?” Aom asked nervously, looking left and right, as if she’s expecting to see cameras peeking out. “We Got Married crew doesn’t follow us here, right?”

“Of course not. What I mean about our next schedule is..........dancing at the club”

She wanted to protest again, since clubbing was really not her thing, but she didn’t, and just followed him when he took her hand.

***************************************************

It’s definitely something special, to be held so tight by probably the best looking guy in the club, and although Aom didn’t like dancing and couldn’t really stand loud music, his high spirit influenced her. And she let go, trying to just enjoy the moment and moving along with him.

After a few songs, he ended up slowing down, and not even dancing anymore, but only holding her close, swaying left and right.

It all changed when the songs turned to a slow, seductive tone, and he began kissing her neck again.

“Mike?”

“Hem?”

“People will see us”

“So? You’re my wife”

“It feels awkward for me”

“Really? Everyone else is doing that too. Nearly everyone come to this club to make out.

Aom looked around, and realized that many other couples were touching each other intensely, or kissing.

Mike was her earlobe gently by that time, and she began to push him away.

“Why?”

“I can’t – people – there are others........”

“Then let’s go where we can be alone”

He pulled her out of the club, and back to their resort.

Aom had a feeling of what’s going to happen, as he only walked beside her but saying nothing.

She told herself to be prepared, but nothing could prepare her for being pushed to the glass door by Mike the second they entered, and being kissed until her brain stopped working.

“I want you” he confessed breathlessly, his arms trapping her body. “I want you so much, Sushar......”

She gulped, her brain was trying to reply, to say something, anything.

“Should I wait for you?” he asked.

When she said nothing, he asked once more, “Do you want me to wait or not?”

All her blood seemed to rush up to her cheeks, and her voice seemed to fly away somewhere.

He waited for her to say something.

But when no words came for her, he decided to cut the electric tension by putting his lips on hers and slipping his hands beneath her red tank top.

“Let’s not wait” he murmured urgently, “Waiting for you for one night is enough”

And Aom closed her eyes.

**************************************************

Author's Note: 

Second update of the day, still at KLIA. 

This is the result when I'm alone, bringing a laptop, and there's free wifi around.