Stand By You

Beautiful Disaster

OST: Stand By You - Rachel Platten

Stand By You

Even if we can't find heaven, heaven, heaven, heaven)

Hands, put your empty hands in mine
And scars, show me all the scars you hide
And hey, if your wings are broken
Please take mine so yours can open too
'Cause I'm gonna stand by you
Oh, tears make kaleidoscopes in your eyes
And hurt, I know you're hurting, but so am I
And love, if your wings are broken
Borrow mine so yours can open too
'Cause I'm gonna stand by you

 

Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through hell with you
Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
Even if we can't find heaven, I'm gonna stand by you
Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through hell with you
Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you

Yeah, you're all I never knew I needed
And the heart, sometimes it's unclear why it's beating
And love, if your wings are broken
We can brave through those emotions too
'Cause I'm gonna stand by you
Oh, truth, I guess truth is what you believe in
And faith, I think faith is helping to reason
No, no, no, love, if your wings are broken
Borrow mine so yours can open too
'Cause I'm gonna stand by you

Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through hell with you
Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
Even if we can't find heaven, I'm gonna stand by you
Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through hell with you
Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you

I'll be your eyes when yours can't shine
I'll be your arms, I'll be your steady satellite
And when you can't rise, well, I'll cry with you on hands and knees
'Cause I
(I'm gonna stand by you)

Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through (come on)
Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through hell with you
Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
Even if we can't find heaven, I'm gonna stand by you
Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through hell with you
Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
Love, you're not alone
No, I'm gonna stand by you
(Even if we can't find heaven, heaven, heaven)
I'm gonna stand by you

 

Mike was shooting his scenes alone for We Got Married Thailand, because he was gifted a mission from the production crew to give a surprise to Aom. It was her last day working in the magazine and cafe and they would fly together to China that night.

He had no other choice but to leave with the last flight, because it’s his schedule to prepare for his Chinese drama, and he didn’t want to leave without Aom.

He had to think hard about what surprise he should give her, and finally decided to make a cake for Aom. Despite her super stylish fashion sense, his sister Ying was great in cooking, so he went to his parents’ house and prepared the cake with her.

“Aom told me her favourite cake is strawberry cheesecake, so I’ll make it for her” Mike said on-cam.

“I will just help him a little and show him how it’s done” Ying added.

The crew filmed the whole process of the cake-making, without turning on the microphones as Mike and Ying chatted.

“Is this the PD that you say is having a crush on Aom?” Ying asked.

“Yup” Mike confirmed as he mixed the ingredients with a mixer.

“I hate him already” Ying announced. “But relax, Bro. You’re 100 times ier than him”

Mike snorted, “I know. Still, it’s annoying to see him every week”

Once the cake was done, it was already evening. Mike had dinner with Ying first before going to a florist. After he chose a bouquet of pink roses, they drove to Aom’s cafe.

Aom had worked at the cafe for two years, and her friends were throwing a farewell party for her. Mike and WGM crews waited at the back door to surprise her.

Mike stood as they put on candles on his cake and lighted them.

The camera was off and P’Baz stood beside him.

“I like how you work. You’re so natural”

Mike glared at him without trying to hide his dislike.

“I’m a professional, but I’m not doing this for work”

“You two have great chemistry”

“We’re not an actor and an actress in a drama. We’re a married couple. Your praises are unnecessary”

P’Baz raised his eyebrows, “What’s with you?”

“I’m the one who should ask you that. What’s with you? Praising someone else’s professionalism while you yourself don’t know how to be professional”

“What the hell do you mean?”

“Is this your usual style? Directing a show while trying to flirt with the leading lady? I don’t give a about what you do in the past, but you’re trying to play with a married woman now. Stay away from my wife”

“Camera on!” one of the crew announced from a few meters away, and a cafe waiter opened the door for them.

Mike entered carrying his cake and saying “Surprise!” as another crew carried the roses.

“Wow, Mike!” Aom exclaimed.

She saw the cake and asked in a heart beat, “Did you make this yourself?”

“Yeah, hahaha. Does it look that bad?”

“Ahahaha. No, no. It just looks like you made it. How come? I didn’t know you can make cakes”

“Ying can. She taught me”

“And it’s cheesecake! I love cheesecake!” Aom said giddily, nearly jumping out of excitement. “Can I try it now?”

The barista stopped her, “Hey, you need to give it to us first before tasting it”

“No, no, you should blow the candles first! And make a wish before that!”

“But it’s not her birthday!” another waiter said.

“It still counts” the barista grinned.

“Go ahead Aom, make a wish!”

Aom joined her hands and closed her eyes, making a wish, then she blew the candle.

“Can someone get me a spoon and a knife?”

A friend brought her that, and she took a spoonful of the cake.

“Hem, it’s delicious. Not too sweet but great!”

“Are you just saying that so I won’t get sad?” Mike joked.

“No. It’s really great. Have some”

“It’s ok, I tasted it already”

“Then have more”

Aom took another spoonful and fed it to Mike.

“Not bad for first try” he said, before putting the cake on a table and let Aom cut it for her friends. Once she was done, he gave her the flowers.

“I hope you won’t get bored leaving your jobs and being a housewife” he said, before kissing her cheek.

Her friends all cheered and Aom said thanks, before inhaling the sweet scent of the roses.

The We Got Married crew then stopped recording for the day, and Mike sat down with Aom and her friends, having the cheesecake and iced coffee.

*****************************************

Cholladanan, Mike’s manager for his work in China, made sure that all Aom and Mike’s suitcases were all safely dropped at the check in area, then gave them their flight tickets. Aom took them and they checked in together.

Once they were inside the plane, Mike pulled up the hand leaning barrier on his seat and pulled Aom to his side.

“I was looking forward to this, holding you until my hand can’t feel anything”

“Until you have cramp?”

“Yeah” he chuckled, as Aom leant on him and sighed.

“How long have we been married, again?”

“Thirty years” he answered in a cheesy style.

“Three weeks, you mean. But.......it feels as if I’ve been with you for a long time”

He kissed her cheek.

“Like I’ve told you so many times already, you should’ve come sooner into my life”

“You should’ve told your mom to come to the Bangkok Temple more often, I used to go there with my Mom so often, sometimes three times a week”

“Well, at least she finally did, thanks to my messed up life”

“Don’t think about the bad times, Mike. Just think about the good times. That’s how I survive”

“I am. There are times when I am down, but I always could get back up on my feet. Usually it’s Golf and Ying, and my Mom beside me. But now I have you”

Aom smiled.

“Thank you for making the cake. I’ve never ever thought a guy would ever do that for me”

“You’re worth it”

“Auw, stop it! Stop being cheesy! I can’t handle it!!!” she said, pushing him off.

Mike caught her hands and shushed her.

“Don’t shout. The stewardess would think I’m assaulting a high school girl!”

Aom was already blushing hard so she quieted down.

“How about a French Kiss?”

“MIKE!!!” she shouted loudly and Mike laughed out loud.

“Ahahaha, sorry, sorry. You’re just so cute when you’re angry”

She folded her hands angrily.

“I’ll behave” he added carefully afterwards.

Everything was smooth after that. They talked softly as he hugged her and played with her fingers and she listened and answered him until she fell asleep.

The flight taught him something new, Aom was so afraid of flight landing. She gripped his hand so hard and had to close her eyes. Afterwards, she was really pale. But once they got off the plane she was ok again.

He liked it. He liked discovering new things about her everyday. She’s like a magical flower. Every petal had its own surprises. He couldn’t wait to figure out everything.

***************************************************

Before she married Mike, Aom thought that the life of actors was all about glitz and glamour. Always taking care to look handsome with branded stuffs, partying all the time and having gorgeous, hot girlfriends. Partying all the time, having tons of friends and living in posh apartments.

Only a small part of these ideas were true for Mike.

He loved branded stuffs, but he focused his money on his new skincare business, Esperma.

He never went to parties since they were married, but if he had an empty schedule, he’d go to visit his son.

And the only girlfriend she knew he currently had was her, who was technically and literally his wife.

“When do you have a day off, Mike?” Aom asked him once she read the next three months schedule of him, one day after he got home.

“I don’t have any for the next three months”

“..........are you crazy? Who can survive working seven days a week for three months?”

“I do it all the time. I get one or two weeks break afterwards”

Aom was going to say it was insane, but he already entered the shower.

Her idea of an actor’s way of living changed drastically once she knew the truth.

Mike was very hard-working and rarely could ever get a day off. His agency kept on giving him work, and he kept accepting it.

He said he needed to make more money for her, Maxwell’s alimony and Esperma. And that he’d work hard while he’s still young.

The on-set location for the Chinese drama he took part in could only be reached after eight hours drive from the city. They literally climbed the mountain to reach it. Aom was very tired, but Mike didn’t complain, so she bit her tongue too.

Initially, she thought about just letting him go alone, because she knew since she was not on the cast list, her accommodation and meals wouldn’t be provided by the drama’s production team. Mike told her to not make a fuss since he of course would pay for everything related to her.

The location was on a beautiful mountain with sceneries like painting. But it’s also very cold everyday.

They were lodged in the villagers’ best houses, but they had no time to enjoy the nice house, since Mike had to shoot scenes from early morning until late at night, together with all the other cast. They rested in the vans in the end. He took naps when he could, and ate his meals on odd times.

Aom spent her time writing her novel and reading books. But once she’s bored, she would walk around and talk to the filming crew, and sometimes to the actresses and actors.

They all liked the young couple from Thailand. The husband was very handsome, dedicated and hardworking, while the wife was so sweet, cute and polite.

She couldn’t speak Chinese, and could only speak in broken English, but people always liked talking to her, even if it’s only simple greetings.

She picked up Chinese lines that were useful in conversations, and was soon became well-acquainted to the crew and cast.

They called her “Little Miss Popular”, and took care to make her felt welcome.

That day though, her good mood would be ruined by something that would make her cry for the first time in her marriage life.

It was Mike collapsing and not being able to breathe.

A crew called her, who was sitting inside the van.

“Mike!!!” the Chinese crew said, then saying long sentences in Chinese. She knew nothing of what he was saying, but he was speaking in a panicking tone, and he made her panicked too.

“What is it? I don’t understand. What happened to Mike?” she asked in broken English.

Thoughts about him getting injured flooded her mind, and the crew continued to rant in Chinese.

Finally, the crew used body language. From what Aom understood, Mike must be fainting somewhere.

“Take me to him!” Aom said in English again, “Take me to Mike!”

The crew ran, so Aom followed and ran too.

In the middle of the grass field, between four sides of spacious, beautiful sceneries, Mike was lying on the ground.

“Mike! What’s wrong? What happened?”

Cholladanan was away buying the things they needed in the nearby village, and Mike lied on the ground gasping for air. His breathing sounded like a ruined violin, and Aom cried before she even knelt on the ground.

“What is it, Mike? Is it an asthma attack?”

“In......” he fought to say, as Aom held his hand with tears streaming down her face. “In......ha.....ler. My......bag”

Aom got up and sprinted to the van, probably the fastest she ever ran in her life, grabbing Mike’s backpack from the seat and running back again.

Mike was looking so pale, the crews were all standing around them, and Aom threw the contents of his bag to the grass in order to find the inhaler faster.

Once she found it, she put it on Mike’s mouth.

The crew never had anything like that before, so they were all could only watch without knowing what to do.

“Lift – me”

Aom sat on the ground and pulled him to lie on her thighs. He held his inhaler and said, “Press” since he had no energy left.

Aom pressed it and he struggled to inhale it, choking and coughing severely afterwards.

“Let’s try again. You’ll be okay”

She pressed again and again, and Mike choked and coughed, until he could inhale it on the fourth try.

Then the fifth and the sixth.

Once he could breathe better, he saw that she was crying. Her cheeks was wet.

“Don’t – cry. Fine. I’m – fine”

“You’re not fine, you stupid man! You work too hard!”

Her voice rang in his ears, but he smiled a little, before he struggled to sit down and inhaled his inhaler again.

After a few more minutes of coughing horribly, he finally could take a longer breath.

Cholladanan arrived and once she saw Mike on the ground, he ran to the PD and asked whether they had an oxygen mask or not.

“We don’t” the director answered in Chinese.

“I’ll buy it. Aom, take care of him! He must rest and do nothing for a few hours. You tell that to the PD. I’ll be back as soon as I can get the oxygen mask!”

Mike was then carried by four men to the van, and sat beside the window.

Aom sat beside him, giving him his inhaler and watched how he closed his eyes, sweating because of the struggle to breathe.

Cholladanan arrived back from the chemist and entered the van without a word, giving the oxygen mask and tube beside Mike.

After a few long inhales and another attacks of coughing that made Aom sobbed, he finally could breathe steadier.

Aom realized then, her hands were shaking.

Earlier, she thought he was going to die. And she thought about how she didn’t have enough time with him yet.

Still wearing the oxygen mask, Mike reached out for her hand wordlessly, and she caught it.

Cholladanan left them already to try talking to the PD to bring Mike into the nearest hospital for the night, and Aom was alone with her recovering husband, who couldn’t speak at the moment, and tried to weakly squeeze her hand, wanting to tell her that he would be okay.

“You scared me.....” she said, her eyes were still full with tears, as she kissed his hand and brought it to her cheek, “Please be alright, Mike.......”

She could see him smiling a little behind his oxygen mask, and together, they waited until a driver that could drive them to the nearest hospital was ready.

Knowing him was a process, and one of them was a shocking day seeing him collapsing because of asthma attack. 

If there was anything useful from that day, was of Aom realizing that she was already in love with him. 

Why else then, would she pray, "Please Buddha, stop his pain. Just give me pain, not him. Please make him recover"

Love, above all, meant wanting to see the person you love happy and safe from all pain. 

*****************************************************************************************

Author's Note:

Hope you like the update :)

Aomike's trip in Seoul makes me giddy for days. Thanks to Periscope, I get to see what they were doing there, real time. Aom, Mike and their good friend, P'Aum, kept on broadcasting online videos of them. 

Aomike looked very happy to be together again. Awww, the best thing is seeing two gorgeous people having a great time with each other. 

Have you watched Batman vs Superman? Many said it's a bad movie, but I honestly really like it. Love Ben Affleck as Batman there, Superman who was portrayed like a God and the unforgettable Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. 

Descendants of The Sun ep. 9 was so so so sweet and adorable. Worth being crazy and to wait for it for days. 

Descendants of The Sun ep. 10 was back on conflicts and it ends with a very worrying cliffhanger. I hope Myeong Joo will be okay. 

Another side effect of this drama is now I'm obsessed with Dr. Kang's white Kelly Hermes bag that she used in ep. 2. But I guess I won't be able to buy the real one even if I sell a kidney, lol. 

Have a great week ahead everyone. I'm so thankful for you all for reading, subscribing and commenting.