Mr. and Mrs. Pirath Nitipaisankul

Beautiful Disaster

We Got Married Thailand crew had arrived at Mike and Aom’s apartment for an hour, shooting Aom’s process in cooking “Joke”, a traditional Thai congee for their breakfast. Mike was still fast asleep, and it was Aom’s mission from the show anyway, to surprise him with breakfast. She had boiled the rice until it’s as tender as she needed, made the meatballs and beef strips, then poured everything on bowls and cracked an egg in the middle.

“It’s done!” Aom said happily to the camera. “I hope this will taste alright, and that Mike will like it”

“And cut!” P’Baz said to the cameraman.

“You did a great job” he praised.

“I’m nervous since this is my first time cooking Joke. But I know that Mike’s favourite breakfast is this, so I try to cook it. I’ll wake him up now, I don’t want the Joke to get cold before he eats it”

They all of them followed Aom to the bedroom, where Mike was still sleeping soundly under the blankets.

“Mike.....” Aom called as she sat on the bed, shaking his shoulder, “Mike.....wake up. Let’s eat breakfast. I cooked Joke for you”

The camera zoomed in to the newlyweds expression. It looked very intimate, as Aom put her head close to Mike’s face and continued calling his name.

“The viewers will really love this” a crew whispered to her friend.

“Mike? Come on, wake up”

He opened his eyes and blinked, looked around and found her, then blindly reached for her, pulling her on top of him.

Aom panicked.

“Mike, Mike! We’re on camera! We’re shooting We Got Married, remember?”

Mike blinked and saw the cameras and crew at the end of the bedroom and groaned.

“Right. Good morning everyone” he greeted hoarsely, but not letting go of Aom.

Then he pulled the blanket to cover them both and showered kisses all over her face, whispering “Good morning”.

She covered his lips with her palm before pulling away and taking off the blanket.

Then back on camera’s view again, as she laughed nervously, “He likes to joke like this, hahaha”.

“I’ll wait in the kitchen” she announced, before leaving the bed and walking away.

The camera then recorded Mike getting up and walking sleepily to the kitchen, only to backhug Aom who was pouring mango juice to glasses.

“When did you wake up to cook?”

“Since two hours ago”

“Wow. Thanks, Love” he said, pecking her cheek easily.

Aom was blushing hard, but she fought to keep a straight face, as there were at least half a dozen other people in the room.

“Cut!” P’Baz said.

Aom and Mike turned to him.

“Aom, you should feed the Joke to Mike. It will be more romantic”

“.......do I really have to do that?”

“Yes. It’s for the rating” P’Baz said apologetically.

The next five minutes recorded Aom blowing at each spoonful and feeding it carefully to Mike.

“Hm.....it’s delicious”

“Really? I followed my Mom’s recipe”

“First time making this?”

She nodded.

“How did you know I like Joke?”

“I asked your mom”

“Thank you” Mike grinned.

She continued feeding him, and they exchanged too much smiles and cheesy words, until several female crews of the show writhed in jealousy, “Why are they so romantic? Oh, I’m so jealous!”.

When the scene was done, Aom poured the congee to more bowls, as she cooked a lot, serving it in the dining table instead of the kitchen.

“Thank you. Can’t wait to try this Joke made by such a pretty chef”

Aom only smiled before pouring water for the female crews.

Mike saw the exchange from the kitchen but said nothing.

Aom then returned to have her meal, as Mike returned to sit in front of her.

“It does taste ok” Aom commented as she chewed.

“This is really a great way in waking up” Mike exclaimed, smiling at her. “I can picture we’re doing this for the next decades”

“I better learn more breakfast recipes then”

“I don’t mind eating this everyday”

“You’ll get bored” she waved her spoon at his face. “I’ll learn more”

“Alright”

Once she was finished, they talked about how they were going to spend their day. Aom was still on honeymoon vacation for her job at the magazine, but she had to start working at the cafe later that evening.

Mike had a meeting before lunch for his Esperma promotion then another meeting to talk about his new Chinese drama.

“You’ll have a lunch with our family, then we’ll have dinner together, and I’ll drop you to the cafe, right?”

“Yes. Your meeting is in an hour, Jang Joob is on the way. You better shower”

“Ok” and he got up while pulling her.

The cameraman who was having breakfast had to stop to film Mike leading Aom back to the bedroom.

“We’re going to shower, no cameras allowed”

“He’s lying, I already showered earlier”

“She’ll help me shower”

“No, I’m not. He’s just joking”

“I’m not” he denied calmly, as they stood by the bedroom door.

“We’ll see you in thirty minutes” Mike said, before he closed and locked the door.

“You’re crazy!” Aom pushed him afterwards, “People will really think we’ll shower together”

“Because we are”

“I showered already!”

“Are you sure you don’t want to shower with me?” he asked naughtily.

“No. Because you won’t finish in thirty minutes and your manager is on the way”

“When I was sleeping, what did you talk with P’Baz?”

“Huh? We didn’t talk much. I was cooking”

“........ok”

“Ready to shower?”

“Not without my morning kiss”

“Mike.....” Aom warned.

“What? It’s our morning ritual. Where’s my morning kiss?”

Aom finally circled her arms around his neck and kissed him.

But of course, he didn’t let go and pulled her to the door, leaning her there and kissing her deeper.

At the back of her mind, Aom remembered there were We Got Married Team with cameras outside, that his manager was on the way, and he had a meeting in 50 minutes.

However, when Mike began her lower lip, all she did was only hugging him closer.

************************************************

As Mike went for his meeting, Aom went to her mother’s house. Mike’s mother was there too, to welcome her, also her father. Aung was in college, so they all had lunch without her. After lunch, the ladies sat together drinking coffee as Aom’s father had his nap.

“So......” Mrs. Tuk Tuk gently elbowed Aom, “How was the honeymoon?”

“It was nice” Aom answered politely.

“Are we going to have a granddaughter soon?”

Mrs. phan laughed. But she too, looked happy. “Isn’t that too soon?”

Mrs. Tuk Tuk turned curiously to Aom.

“What’s your plan about having a child? Will you wait?”

“We agreed to wait, because we just met. We need to get to know each other first before becoming parents, right?”

“Hold on......I’m sorry, Child. I will sound like an annoying mother hen. If you want to wait, you better go to an ob-gyn and get anti-pregnancy injection. My friends who have new daughter in-laws all do that. It’s more effective than pills. You can forget taking pills, but these injections last for six months. However, have you two.....done it?”

Aom’s face might turn red and blue already, yet she nodded.

“Did Mike use protection?”

Her face might turn white instead of red and blue then.

She shook her head.

“..........what if you’re already pregnant now?”

“..........can it happen so soon?” Aom asked innocently.

“I don’t think so” her mother answered thoughtfully. “But if you don’t go to get the injection today, before you two – you know, do it again, you might get pregnant soon”

“I think it’s better to go to the ob-gyn now” Mrs. Tuk Tuk said. “We’ll go with you” she hurried to add.

“It’s alright, I’ll go alone”

“No, ask Mike to go with you”

“He’s working. It’s alright. I think I better go now. I need to talk to the doctor, I know nothing of these things”

After saying her goodbyes, Aom then left.

We Got Married Thailand crew still followed Aom, as she was under contract to be followed by them for two days a week. But they only took footages of Aom’s conversation at her parents’ house.

Mike texted her as she was on the way to the hospital.

“Finished having lunch with our parents?”

“Yes”

“Did they tease you a lot?”

Aom sent a nodding sticker.

“Hahaha. I knew it. Sorry I couldn’t be there with you. We’ll go to my parents’ house this Sunday. By the way, are you going home first? It’s still a few hours before you have to go to the cafe”

“I’m going to the hospital”

Mike instantly called her, but Aom rejected it.

“It’s uncomfortable to talk now. Because P’Baz is driving me to the hospital. I’m fine, I’m not sick, so don’t worry. But I just realized we never used protection and we planned to wait before having a child. So I’m going to an ob-gyn now”

“You should wait for me, we could go together”

“I have to go as soon as I can because.......well, we know how you are, haha”

“Right”

He sent a laughing sticker.

“Take care, Love. Tell me when you’re finished at the doctor”

“Ok”

Mike was preparing to have lunch with his business partners, so he turned to his manager Jang Joob, “Isn't it weird, that P’Baz choose to follow Aom instead of me today? I mean, I’m the public figure, here”

“It’s strange” his manager agreed, “I thought he’d always want to record you, since your days are definitely more interesting”

“I need to drink with him sometime. Sometime soon”

Jang Joob frowned. “Are you thinking of something, Mike?”

“I think Sushar has a rude admirer. And he happens to be the director of our reality show”

“.........you can’t be serious. She’s your wife and he’s directing the show about your marriage!”

“Hey, for some guys, the more improbable, the more challenging it is”

“.........do you want me to ask for a director change?”

“I don’t think that’s possible. We’re all under contract”

They shared a thoughtful look together, and Mike’s business partners arrived and he had to focus on work again.

**************************************************

Mike finished his meetings and a talkshow recording when it’s time to pick Aom up from the cafe. The We Got Married crew followed him still, and it will end once he met Aom again, before they returned for the second day of the week the next day.

Aom gave him tea and cheese cake before she finished tidying the place with her friends and they went home.

“How was it at the doctor? Is everything ok?” Mike asked as they entered the front door of their apartment.

“Yup”

“So? Did you get pills?”

“People don’t use pills these days. You can forget taking pills. The new invention is an injection that can last for six months”

“Ah. So did you take it?”

“No”

Mike was taking off his jacket in the sitting room and Aom was in the kitchen, and once he heard her answer, he ran to the kitchen.

“What did you say?”

Aom said nothing, pouring water into a glass.

“I didn’t take the injection”

“And you don’t buy pills too?”

She nodded.

“Why?”

“...........because it’s been one week since we first......did it. And I don’t know I’m already pregnant or not. The doctor said it’s too soon to know. But you said you and Sarah......you had Maxwell after doing it once with Sarah without protection, so I thought that maybe I –“

“Do you mean I can’t touch you until you’re sure you’re pregnant or not?”

“No.......I don’t mean that”

“But – you could get pregnant”

“I know”

“..........I don’t get it. Didn’t you say you want to wait?”

“I was going to get the injection. But then I pushed the doctor away”

“Do you want to get pregnant?”

“.........I guess so”

“You “guess” so???”

“I don’t know. I don’t understand it myself. I just know it earlier at the doctor. I think – yes. I think I do. We don’t really need to wait. Let’s – let things happen naturally”

Mike nearly knocked her out as he rushed to hug her.

“Wow.....” he exclaimed breathlessly.

Aom held him and buried her nose on his chest, her heart was beating really fast.

“I’ll take better care of you” he said.

“Don't be crazy. I’m not pregnant yet”

“You could be”

“It can be soon, or months from now. I can’t tell until I get my period”

“When are you supposed to get it?”

“This week, actually”

“But you’re not having it yet, right?”

“No”

“Did we make a honeymoon baby, Sushar?”

“I don’t know. Maybe? Let’s wait together”

“You really love shocking me, aren’t you?”

“I’m shocked too at myself” Aom smiled.

They hugged close like that, looking into each other’s eyes in the kitchen.

“. I think I’m falling harder for you”

“Don’t curse”

“Fine. I can do better things with my mouth”

He lowered down his face and caught her lips with his.

Kissing did feel better than cursing, we need to give him a good point for that.

***************************************

Author's Note:

I hope you're not bored with the cheesiness in this story. Conflicts will happen but the cheese won't stop, haha. 

Life is good to me this month. I have a speech contest tomorrow, this time it's the next level after the one I joined in February. Wish me luck!

Fangirl-wise, I'm so in love with Descendants of The Sun. That captain and doctor couple is so cute! But omg, it will be hard to wait for episode 9 next week. 

Thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing. 

See you on the next update.