Chapter XV

My Salvation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My Salvation (15)

 

 

From: Sica

Good morning Taengo. So tell me what happened yesterday? Beep me back. ;)

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened as she reads Jessica’s text message and she took a glanced at the time on her phone, “Quarter to ten, damn! I slept a lot.” she squealed in surprise. She got out of bed, got dressed and went to the kitchen to prepare for her quick breakfast.

She decided for ramen noodles, she add one egg to the pot while waiting for it to boil.

She accidentally closed her eyes and she remembered the things that transpired last night, from talking to Jessica up to her ‘so called date’ with Tiffany.

Even their silly conversation, their funny confession, the way they teased each other up to the hugging part which made her flattered.

Especially when Tiffany shyly admitted that she misses her too. And at this rate, she knows that her feelings grew even more intense which is a good thing because at least she knows that she’s ready to move forward and she’s absolutely leaving the past behind.

She grabbed her bowl and slowly padded back into the living room. She opened her TV and look for the cartoon channel.

Once she was settled in the seat, she started eating her ramen while watching Spongebob.

Taeyeon heard her phone beep, she went to the small table and took her phone.

 

 

From: Sica

Yah, are you still sleeping? Sunny and I are going to your house so please be prepared. :P

 

Taeyeon gently massage her temple. She immediately finishes her food and wash the dishes right after.

Then she went back to the living room to continue her unfinished business.

When they finally arrived by the door of her house, she smiled although unprepared yet she still managed to welcomed her friends.  

She motioned for them to take a seat in the couch where she sat awhile ago. She went and followed her two friends in the living room.

“Spongebob, really Taeng?” Sunny giggles while reaching for the remote to change the channel into other shows.

“Soonkyu-ah, don’t change it, I’m still watching.” Taeyeon protested, Jessica let out a laugh.

“We’re the guest so you should let us decide and besides, Taeng you’re 26 years old for god sake, stop watching cartoons,” Jessica retorted.

Sunny grinned.

“Fine. What are you guys doing here anyway?” asked Taeyeon, side eyeing both.   

“Nothing, we just want to pay you a visit since you came yesterday. And you know, I just want to know some details.” Jessica answered.

“I have nothing to say though.”

“Uhm, so let me remind you guys, I don’t have any decent food here, I only have chips and for drinks? Water, coffee, orange juice or iced tea are the only ones available so take your pick.”

“Iced tea.” They both said in unison.

Taeyeon went to the kitchen to grab some chips and she also open her refrigerator to check the things she’ll need to buy later when she goes to the grocery store. She made a note in her mind.

She grabbed the container with the remaining iced tea, filling the two tall glasses then she put it in a tray together with the chips which she took minutes ago.

So Taeyeon walked back to the living room and put the foods in the small table in front of the couch.

“What happened to you and Tiffany yesterday?” Jessica asked, eagerly.  

“Yah, do you still know the meaning of privacy right? Or do you want me to explain it to you.” she remarked.

“Yah! Kim Taeyeon. How dare you?” Jessica raised her voice but in a joking way.

“Anyway, you told me before that you knew Tiffany right? You’ve been classmates or sort of, ugh can you tell me something about her, just… ugh whatever facts do you have, share it.”

Jessica spent a few minutes just staring at Taeyeon with a smirked.

“What kind of facts do you want? And just for the record, Tiffany isn’t just my mere classmate, she’s my bestfriend, she’s stuck with me throughout my college years.” replied Jessica.

“Wait, you’ve been seeing each other for the past months and yet you still don’t know each other? How so?”

“I… I’m not sure. I don’t remember our topics, maybe most all of those topics are business related and I don’t know.”

Now that they brought about this topic, Taeyeon realized that she didn’t know Tiffany that much and that how did she come to liked her in the first place? Yes, they’re talking but its occasionally focus on their business matters.

“I suggest, you should start it over, wait, have you asked her out on a date?”

Taeyeon didn’t answer.

“Oh c’mon, you’re taking it so slow, we’re in 21st century, in case you haven’t noticed.” Jessica rolled her eyes, taking a sip of her iced tea.

“So… So I need to ask her out on a date?” she asked while looking at Jessica with a big question mark on her face.

“Duh, or do you want me to ask her for you?” Jessica blinked at her.

“Taengo, are you really sure of this? I mean, with the dating? I’m not saying it’s not fine but I’m just concern at you. Please don’t be mad at me with my next question.” Sunny commented.

“Go.” she said, giving the assurance.

“Are you really okay now? Are you still having your nightmares?

Taeyeon tried to avoid the eyes of her two friends but she failed to do so.

Before she started to talk, she closed her eyes and cleared .

“Uh… H-Honestly, it’s hard. This is hard. But I’m really trying my best. Nightmares, hmmm. Yes, I-I still do but… but actually it’s not the same as before, it’s not that exaggerated. Yes, the pain is still here, wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter