prom's partner

HEAL ME.

I woke up today with a call from Taehyung, asking me get up early and wait for them outside my house. They will come and picked me up. What is this? A soultion to not let me fall apart again?

Last night, after Jimin's call, I had this long thought in the pitch black darkness accompanied by soft music I . I don't know much about him anymore since he hooked up with Jin Sook. We don't even go to school together, spending time together, eating and playing at the studio together anymore. He's with his world and me with mine. Last night call was the first ever conversation we had after he dated Jin Sook.

Whatever it is, I'm just hoping that I won't be that clingy again towards him.

I rubbed my palms against each other so that heat is produced and warms me a little bit. I heard some noises from the back, yeah its the boys. I can see Jungkook waved to me and I waved back to him. But then, I saw Jimin. He is smiling at me. My hand and my mouth freeze and I just staring at him which is coming closer to me.

"Aren't you cold?" Hoseok asked me while blocking my sight from continuously looking at Jimin. I was startled, "Oh, it's not that cold. I bring some hotpacks with me." I sticked out a few hotpacks and smiled to him.

"Let's go! It's going to rain after this." Namjoon gestured us to fast our pace. I took my bag which is on the bench and walked behind alone with earphones on. The boys already know beforehand; that is my style. I don't feel the presence of Jimin beside me until he pulled away my earphones out of my ears. I turned to my right and my expression was completely blank.

He giggled. "What are you listening, huh? So focus and undisturbed." He took my phone and put it in his parka's pocket.

"Yah, give me back my phone..." I tried. Nevertheless, it is a waste. "I'm going to take this phone with me until me arrived at school."

What the hell... Why is he like this? Doesn't he know that my heart... ah-ah-ahh, I forgot. He doesn't know my heart.

It's really hard to be with someone whose feelings can change like the seasons change; much worse is that someone is our crush. It is not easy to run away from those little feeling of wanting to meet him, missing him, watching his smile, hearing his laugh and whatsoever.

"I want you to hear me talking today." What's more of cruelty will he do to me? I just sighed and gestured him to go on while me looking down the road, pretending to listen and paying attention. The way he talk, the way he expressed the situation; full of bliss. How can I not love you, Park Jimin?

He spoke to me with words, I look at him with feelings.

"Yah! You two! Why are you guys so slow? Faster!" Yoongi shouted and the others laughed. I saw the bodyguards already with book to write our names unless I speed of to the gate. Jimin grabbed my hands and we ran to them.

Hmm Jimin.

"Sorry, dudes. I'm just talking with her, because Chae Yeon is avoiding me lately." So sarcastic. Whatever Jimin. I'm done with you.

I walked ahead and went straight to the class. Luckily, this morning class is different with them. I took English Literature class while they had the ICT class. I don't even know that Jin Sook also took English Literature for this semester. Maybe she is a newbie.

She came to me with smile plastered on her sweet face and sit beside me. "Hi, Chae Yeon."

I greeted her by bowing to her and continue my reading. I don't see any reason she would come here beside me and talk to me. She's one of the hotshot, guys! Come on! Talking with me will just lower her reputation.

"What are you doing?" She sneaked beside me to see what kind of book I'm reading. "Oh it's a Jane Austin novel."

"Is it a love story?"

I nodded.

"For what you read a love story if you can't seek one for your life?" She whispered.

Oh my godness I'm flared! I'm too shocked that I can't even close my mouth. My mouth gaped and I stared at her in disbelief.

"What you say just now?"

Jin Sook laughed. She crossed her legs and her arms while her eyes rolled to me.

"Do you think I don't know? You think I'm a fool? Hahaha you think that I don't know that you have feelings for Jimin?"

What?! She knew? She knew all along and she never told me before? What is her motive actually?

"I bet you haven't mirrored yourself. I guess you don't realized who you are yet." She moved closer to me and look right into my eyes.

"A specky girl with frizzy hair and bad skin wants to date Park Jimin? Pfft. Even in your dream, you will never able to look at him. Thankfully you are his bestfriend and he always told me about you every time we on date. However, you need to realize, you are not the same level as him Cahe Yeon. He is mine and forever will be mine!"

Tears swelled in my eyes and anytime it will fall. I don't know whether this tears is a sad tears or an angry tears. I'm sad but at the same time I feel angry because of her words. I know that I'm not pretty, I am ing ugly but does she need to say that words right onto my face? I have this thiught of she is the goddess, nice and kind but unfortunately, it's just appearance. Her heart is stinky as the dead man's body.

She stood up and bid me goodbye after saying harsh words to me. I can't cry here. Oh please eyes, don't cry yet.

I went through the class with hurt feelings and can't concetrate any at all. Right after the class, I went to the toilet and cried. So lucky of me that no one in the toilet and that time and I cried my heart loud. Almost fifteen minutes and I speak to myself.

"I have to be strong. I am strong and brave. I can move on." With a determine heart, I stepped out from the toilet. I know my face look really messy and unorganized but I don't really care. As I walked through the alleyway to the canteen, I heard Namjoon calling me from the afar.

"Chae Yeon!" He ran to me and stopped with a weird face. "Are you crying?"

"Hahaha nope. I just---"

"You're crying." He sighed and asked me who did this to me. Of course I won't tell him about my counter with Jin Sook. I kept of denying and thank God he stopped from asking more. "Let's go to the canteen."

I followed him to the canteen where the boys are having the lunch merrily. I sit down beside Jin and started to eat. "Don't ask."

I know they are going too ask later but I really hope once I've said that two words, they will keep silence. And yay. They did.

"ATTENTION!!!" A loud sound from the teachers platform is heard. I saw Ri On, the headboy standing with a couple of papers at his hand and a mike on the other hand. I'm sure there's something important to be delivered to the students.

"Attention to all Gahong High School students. Next weekend, a prom night with the theme of Mystical Masquerade Ball will be held at the hall and all the students are compulsory to attend this ball. We invited all of you to merry and cherish this event more on that day and the details you all can refer to the prefect board. Thank you."

As he finished his speech, the whole canteen become noisy with the chit chat of the students about the ball. It's an annual tradition and as for me, I won't go. Why? Every students that go to the party is compulsory to have a partner. Me? I don't have one and I don't need one. My job is just to  prepare the hall and hide myself in the cupboard at my house when the night come.

"Wah! A masquerade ball!" Jin looks so happy eith this event. I don't deny it, the theme sounds amazing.

"Chae Yeon-ah, with whom will you go?" Taehyung asked with a cheeky smile.

My hand stopped from eating the salad. "I won't go." A weak smile appeared.

"Why?" Jungkook replied. "I have no one to ask and no one will ask me to the ball." Simple.

"Then go with me." Jungkook offered himself and I just laughed.

"You've got a lot of other girls to ask, why don't just grab one and go to the ball?"

"Jungkook is not interested in any of the girls in this school." Yoongi said.

Jungkook fancies this one girl from other school. He met her when he went to that school to compete in a singing competition. Her name is Sung Im and because of her, Jungkook didn't open his heart and eyes for other beauty.

Jungkook smirked. "Yoongi paired up with Seolhyun." He laughed and Yoongi tried to pull his hair out of embarrassment.

"You guys already have a partner?" Seolhyun is headgirl. I don't know how Yoongi asked her to the ball but it is a miracle that she accepted him. Seolhyun is one of the prettiest but cold girl.

"Namjoon with Hyeri, Taehyung with Hyorin, Jin with Eunji and Hoseok with Ji Eun." I widened my eyes and laughed.

Hyeri is one of the top ranker along with Namjoon. She is not that quiet and not that friendly with people. But she always smile to other students whenever we passes her. The fact that Taehyung and Hyorin are going together to the ball shocked me. Taehyung didn't want to comment anything on this funny and unbelievable thing. Eunji is one of the prefect and everyone knows that she and Jin have this some sort of scandal. They are not dating but it's like a real-close friend, even closer than me. But I know, both of them like each other. While Hoseok with Ji Eun, the perfect couple and last year they won the cutest couple at the prom night.

"Wah, congratulations!" I clapped for them and I saw Jungkook pouted. "You need to pair up with me."

I looked at him and he is too pathetic because he really want to go to the ball but he doesn't has the partner. "Okay. I'll go."

He was too excited untill he hugged me and cause me to choke on my salad. "But I don't have any dresses."

"And I don't have the ability to pretty myself."

"I don't like make-up, and I can't wear make-up."

"I am a potato, dudes."

I sighed after saying those down-ing words and Jungkook flicked my forehead. "Yah, you fool. I'm here to help you." He raised his eyebrow.

What is this kind of commotion? The others also looks like having something in their minds that is going to make me shock or bewildered.

I guess I need to prepare mental and physical for their ideas.


Whooo! Next chapter is here!!! I took some out of my busy time to update and in this chapter, I include one more character that is a helper to Chae Yeon ^^ can you guess who is it? Well, do comments  and suscribe this story okay! Enjoy your reading lovelies!!