SEQUEL | three

HEAL ME.

I was watching the television when Yuki went out from the bathroom. “what are you doing?”

“watching the news. There’s so much thing happened right now in this world.” I took the snacks on the table and start to eat. There’s so much thing happened, yes that’s right.

“how can you not tell me about your illness Yuki? I’m scared to death when the first time I knew” she chuckled. She wore the hospital pajama and climbed the bed next to me. She let out a sigh.

“I don’t know and I’m sorry for not telling you earlier. I was distraught when I first know that I have cancer. My mind went blank and all I do for months was crying.”

“but when I video called you, you seemed fine”

She hesitated at first, then continued. “I can’t show you that I was ssuffering at that time.”

She must be miserable because of this. She received the news alone and had to bear it without anyone support. Suddenly, I felt the urge to make her happy. Even though it was not for a long time…

Without words, I hugged her. She looked startled and flustered. “why Chae Yeon-ah?”

I smiled. “nothing. Just wanna hug you. It’s been a while.” She laughed and it makes my heart a bit happy and comfortable.

“but, do you have any boyfriend? I mean, you must have something to do with your boyfriend” she smiled but it was a sad smile. That pictures before…

“I don’t have one, Chae Yeon.” She giggled “I have it, but only in my imagination”

Oh it breaks my heart into pieces! I looked away to hide my tears. “who is that lucky guy?”

I was very anxious. It must be… “it’s secret of course!” she laughed. Yes it must be a secret. For me. Jimin is my boyfriend after all. I know she had no heart to tell me, to break my heart.

“it’s okay, I can only see him in his pictures. It’s fine for me.”

Before I replied, the door to her room was opened. It’s Jimin. Suddenly, I felt awkward. Yuki’s hand on my thigh at first change it position into her other hand. Fumbling to each other; to release nervousness. I know that she was shy to even look at him.

I stood up as Jimin smiled to me. He came to me and kissed my forehead. I shut my eyes and hoping that she won’t see Jimin’s action towards me. He brought fruits and flowers for Yuki though.

“hello Yuki, it’s been a long time! Here, fruits and flowers for you.” He gave the flowers to her and all I can see was happiness and delightness from her face. My heart ached. How can I being so cruel towards my own bestfriend?

“oh it’s beautiful! Thank you Jimin!” she sniffed the flowers, “it smells good too!”

Jimin just laughed at her cute reaction. “have you eaten?” he drifted his attention to me. I nodded. “but Yuki doesn’t eat yet,”

“so should we buy some food for her?” Yuki just listening to our conversation. I turned to Yuki and asked her whether she wanted something from outside.

“let me go and buy it” I said that hurriedly. I wanted to let them two together and talk. I don’t know why I’m doing this, but one thing for sure, it was for Yuki. Jimin stopped me after I went out from the room.

“we will go together” I smiled to him, “you have to take care of Yuki, let me go and buy the food. I know what she wants after all. If it’s you, you will call me and ask many things later” it was all nonsense. I was talking nonsense.

“okay then…” he gave me a peck on my lips and hugged me. “take care of yourself too” I chuckled. “it’s not that I’m going for a war baby”

He laughed and I walked to the parking lot. My mind was in mess. I kept on thinking about Yuki. I love Yuki as much as I love Jimin. Yuki is my bestfriend and Jimin is my love. I can never leave either one of them.  I fought so hard for Jimin, and he did the same for me. I was really hard to find new friend and I found Yuki who listens to me very well.

What should I do now?

*******

I saw them talking, laughing, joking through the small transparent glass on the door. Yuki was too happy for me to interrupt. Jimin too. Or maybe Jimin is the best when he’s with Yuki.

Actually, both of them shares the same interest. Both of them are perfectionists. Both of them are dancer. I can’t deny the fact that they match together. I felt left out this time.

I knocked the door finally after five minutes fighting in myself. Jimin came and opened the door for me, and greeted me with a big smile. “you’re back!”

I smiled, “what did you guys do huh?” I put down the food on the table and Jimin helped with me to prepare it. “nothing, just talk about dancing and stuffs” Jimin answered.

I glared at Yuki who is writing something in her book, that book.

“Let’s eat, Yuki”

We eat with joy and deliciously.

******

Upon arriving at my house with Jimin, I ran up to my room and lie myself on the bed. “ah! I’m so tired!” after visiting Yuki at the hospital, I had class and Jimin took my shift to take care of her. I bet Yuki felt very happy with that. Although I felt uncomfortable, but it didin’t matter as she was cheerful.

“go and shower baby, you smells like…” I threw a small pillow to Jimin. How dare he said that. He burst out into laughing. “…you’re so cute”

I took a shower and after that it’s Jimin’s turn. I went down to the kitchen and make some coffee for the two of us. It always like that, before we sleep. We will drink coffee and talk about random things.

His hand around my shoulder on the couch. “the stars are so bright and pretty” I said that after took a sip of my coffee. “but you are prettier.” I huffed at his cheesy words.

He played with my hair and my hands. “I felt sorry for Yuki”

“why?”

“I was not there when she needs me. I’m such a bad friend.”

He patted my head softly. “it’s not your fault, baby. How many times have I told you before right?”

I nodded. But I can’t help this feeling. I need to help her this time with something she always want so much.

She’s hoping for Jimin.

My own boyfriend.

The love of my life.

I looked up to see him smiling at the stars. “if I could bring the stars for you, I will do it without second thought” I giggled. It was too funny and not logic.

“Jimin?”

“Hmm?”

“what if… we broke up one day?”

I can feel that he was shocked at my question. He lifted my chin to see my eyes. I don’t dare to look at his eyes. I was weak and fragile. I was afraid that I will cry in any moment.

“what are you saying now?” his voice is full of anger. He’s not someone that easily mad at someone unless he felt the unfairness. “on what reason do you have the courage to say that?” he shook my shoulder, asking me for answer.

I was faltered. I don’t know what to answer him. Because Yuki is hoping for you and I can’t help to see her bear the pain alone? Yuki loves you and after all she deserves your attention the most? I bet he’ll be more mad at that.

“I’m just asking…”

“I don’t want to hear or answer that kind of questions anymore. Nothing can separate you and me.” My heart flutters at his words. How can I not fall for him.

He caressed my cheeks. “I love you, only you and forever you. Understand?”

I nodded before he hugged me so tight.

********

Everyday, when I went to visit Yuki with Jimin, I will find a reason to left both of them together. It’s either went to the toilet, or made some coffee or buy some food. Anything just to make him stay with Yuki.

“tell me about your dream man.” Jimin went for his class. I was left alone with Yuki.

She smiled and seemed like thinking of how is her Mr. Right. “he likes to dance, same like me. And he is picky. He’s handsome and cute at the same time. Just by looking at his smile, I feel like my pain left me already”

I can’t bear to see that hoping face. My tears finally came out without concious.

“omo why are you crying?” she picked up some tissues and wiped my cheeks. I laughed as of nothing big happened. I promised Jimin not to let anything come again between us. But I think I’m broking the promise right now.

“it’s Jimin, right?” she stopped wiping my cheeks. She looked at me in disbelief.

“I know it’s Jimin. Your dream man. I saw his photos in that book.” I pointed to the book on the table and she gulped.

I will broke Jimin’s heart this time.


Omona, the third part of the sequel is here!!! I felt very happy with all of your comments>< This chapter is heartbreaking for me. I'm writing this with emotion and I hope that you guys will love this. And if you can, please read this while listening to BTS- Love is Not Over. I think that song fits this chapter very well!!!!