Cough Syrup and Twisted Knives

Gangsta's Paradise
Not fixed at all so prepare for lots of mistakes....
I'm in school right now so I can't really elaborate but I hope you enjoy this chapter.<3
 
 

 

He feels the knife twist inside his leg and he jolts awake as the pain radiates up his spine, his mouth is no longer taped and he can cry freely as he opens his eyes and sees the wicked smile of Baekhyun in front of him, “finally! You’re awake,” he giggles and wipes his thumb under Chanwoo’s mouth to catch the saliva dripping out. “You’re a little out of it, aren’t you?” he mumbles as Chanwoo shudders and breathes through the pain.

 

The room is dark and damp and the only source of light is the small small lamp in the corner, flickering. The lamp’s enough for him to see the shadows of his surroundings but not enough to catch all the details, Baekhyun he can see very clearly though, and the elder’s face is stained in blood.

 

He looks down at his wounded leg to check the damage but immediately wishes he hadn’t, his stomach churns and only seconds later he’s turning his face to the side and puking up his guts, the image of the knife sticking out of his leg enough to render him completely speechless. Baekhyun coos at him and wipes his hand over his sweaty forehead, “weak stomach huh? God, you really are a baby,” he teases as Chanwoo coughs up the last of the contents in his stomach.

 

Chanwoo cries quietly, his throat feels raw and and his head on the verge of exploding, he feels so thoroughly tired that he thinks he might be able to fall asleep again, but he’s proven wrong when Baekhyun grabs his face and turns it to him, “no sleeping, we’re gonna have some fun,” he whispers in his ear and then he’s dragging Chanwoo’s chair, aggravating his leg even more and he cries out in pain as Baekhyun continues to drag the chair to where he wants it. When he stops Chanwoo breathes a sigh of relief but it’s short lived because the next thing he sees as he looks up is jungkook’s body hanging from the ceiling, his arm bloody and his face bruised. “Hyung,” Chanwoo mumbles and tries to reach forward to touch him, but Baekhyun slaps his hand away and shakes his head, “tsk tsk, you don’t want to wake him from his peaceful slumber do you?” he asks mockingly and Chanwoo internally curses the man.

 

Of course he doesn’t want to disturb Jungkook, who looks like he needs about 2 years worth of sleep but they’re kidnapped in an unknown basement and bleeding, sleep comes second. Baekhyun smiles as Chanwoo stays quiet and walks around so he’s standing behind Jungkook’s hanging body he leans his head on his shoulder and sways their bodies slowly, “he likes it when I do this, it calms him down,” Baekhyun mumbles and kisses alongside Jungkook’s shoulders, Chanwoo feels sick.

 

“Do you want to see us play?” he asks quietly and a stripe up Jungkook’s neck, Chanwoo shakes his head violently and trashes as best as he can in his chair, “no! Don’t touch him,” he says firmly but his voice cracks pathetically in the middle, it only seems to make Baekhyun more excited and he smiles creepily against Jungkook’s shoulder as he looks Chanwoo directly in the eyes, “I think I will.”

 

He lets go of Jungkook and walks over to what looks like a surgical table with a lot of instruments on it, dangerous instruments, “which one should I pick? I’ll let you do the honors,” he picks up a surgical scalpel and what looks like a normal kitchen knife that you eat with, “the scalpel makes the cut precise and quick, while the knife forces you to saw through and it can get messy, which one sounds the best to you?” Baekhyun asks as he hold them both up but Chanwoo only shakes his head and look away.

 

He’s not participating in this, not at all. “No answer? Maybe you need a little more experience,” Baekhyun mutters and struts forward towards Chanwoo while he swings the instruments expertly in his hands and sways his hips like he’s dancing to nonexistent music. He kneels in front of Chanwoo and closes his eyes, “this might hurt just a little,” he says and before Chanwoo can retort the scalpel slices through his thin shirt covering his chest and at first he barely registers the pain, but then his chest feels hot and he can feel the small drops of blood making their way down his stomach. He hisses when the cut starts to sting but compared to th knife in his leg, this is nothing.

 

“Hm, not so bad right?” Baekhyun snickers and wipes the small amount of blood on the knife on his shirt, “now, this is the second alternative, and it might hurt just a tad more,” he says and scrunches his eyebrows to enhance the meaning of his words, it’ll ing hurt.

 

The first swipe of the knife kind of feels like a cat scratching on his chest, kind of like a tickling pain that only makes the skin rise, not break. “Hm,” is the only thing Baekhyun says and the he cuts again, this time it does break skin and hurt a bit more but it’s not too bad, at least not too bad for Chanwoo who’s done it all from razors to scissors to knives and needles.

 

But baekhyun’s not satisfied with the result and Chanwoo should have known, should have been prepared, but there’s nothing he can do to prepare himself for Baekhyun starting to saw with the knife. He presses it against the younger’s skin and moves it back and forth, each time pressing a little bit harder, Chawoo groans as the blade makes blood crawl down his boy more rapidly than the first object and Baekhyun almost shouts in joy, “I think we found a winner” he smiles and grabs both of the instruments before standing up and leaving Chanwoo for Jungkook.

 

There’s no pause his time, or any question directed toward Chanwoo, or any warning before the first cut is made on Jungkook’s chest and he grunts in his sleep, Baekhyun doesn’t stop to admire the cuts either like he did on Chanwoo, no, he just goes to town and draws on Jungkook’s body with his sharp brush, creating the most horrifying picture Chanwoo’s seen, except perhaps Junhwe’s stomach spilling out.

 

“Stop! Stop, you’re hurting him!” he shouts as Jungkook groans and it’s a wonder that he hasn’t woken up yet, then the door to the basement opens and a scary looking man with a gun on his back walks down the stairs, “well hello there captain obvious, that’s the point,” he mutters and Chanwoo can tell he’s going to hate him so much, perhaps even more than Baekhyun.

 

“Hey boss, wanna join?” Baekhyun turns with a gleeful smile, his hands covered in jungkook’s blood and the blade in his hand dripping, “nah, I’d rather watch,” the man mumbles and leans against the railing by the stairway, “suit yourself, cold city man…” Chanwoo guesses he’s not supposed to hear that last part that Baekhyun mumbles; it seems not even Exo get along with Exo.

 

Baekhyun makes another cut but this time by Jungkook’s ribs and the younger jolts awake with a gasp soon followed by a groan of pain, “there you are, we were waiting for you,”Baekhyun mumbles and as he sees confusion cloud his eyes he grabs Jungkook by the face and turns him toward Chanwoo, ”we’ve waited o long, haven’t we Chanwoo?” but Chanwoo only stares into Jungkook’s eyes, eyes full of despair and pain and sorrow, like he knows something Chanwoo doesn’t. “Let’s get back to playing, shall we?” Baekhyun mumbles and bites at Jungkook’s collarbone, but Jungkook never breaks eye contact with Chanwoo.

 
 

*_*

 
 

“Where the are they?” Jiwon hisses as Donghyuk types something into his computer and Mark screams in the back as Touka presses her hands against his side to stop the blood flow, “I don’t know, okay!” Donghyuk shouts and Jiwon growls at him. The entire house is in chaos as Jinhwan cries in the back while Yunhyeong tries to fix his hand, “we have to find them!” Jimin shouts and Hanbin stands up abruptly, “we know! Alright? We all want to find them but we can’t right now, what’s left of got7 is dying over in that corner,” he points to where Mark is writhing in pain, “one of ours will never use his hand again, and you don’t look so good either,” he hisses, shoulders tense as he walks closer to where Jimin’s standing.

 

“We all want them back, safe and sound, but we have to use a pragmatic approach to this, you know there’s no way we’ll take them like this,” he shouts and Jimin cowers, Namjoon steps forward and shoves Jimin away sharply, “that’s enough,” he says with a firm tone and and Hanbin shrugs angrily but takes a seat again and watches worriedly as Jinhwan bites down on the towel in his mouth as Yunhyeong twists his wrist.

“We’ll get them back, both of them,” Namjoon says and it’s clear that he means to end the conversation there, and no one speaks back, not even Hanbin, Donghyuk gets the feeling that his leader may not completely agree with Namjoon, and that scares him.

 
 

It’s only hours later when the chaos has calmed down and most of them are asleep when Donghyuk gives a shout of surprise and rises quickly from his chair and jostles Jiwon awake in the process, “what the ,” he mumbles angrily but Donghyuk pays him no attention as he types away on his computer and checks his phone at the same time. Hanbin wakes from his corner as well and makes his way over to Donghyuk, “what’s going on? Did you find them?” he asks and there’s a hopeful tone in his voice that not even the fearless Hanbin can hide.

 

“Possibly,” Donghyuk pauses, “some informant of got7 texted Mark about a strange car outside some abandoned house right at the edge of town,” he mumbles and Hanbin claps him on the shoulder, “do you know where it is?”

 

“There’s houses ready to host thousands of people standing empty outside of town, it could be any of them,” he mumbles disgruntledly as he types away on the computer, “what exactly are you doing right now?” Namjoon asks from behind them and looks skeptically at Donghyuk’s computer.

 

Donghyuk snorts unamused, “gaining access to the the security cameras,” he states bluntly, Namjoon rolls his eyes and goes to stand behind him, “and how is that working out for you?” he mocks, body tense and a leer plastered on his face, Donghyuk snaps and turns his chair around to face Namjoon, “I’m sorry, do you want to try at it?” he yells in clear anger, “why don’t you try to hack the government’s security cameras without giving away our address and without triggering their alarm!”

 

Namjoon for a moment doesn’t budge but when Donghyuk keeps glaring he in a deep breath and sighs loudly, “that’s what I thought,” Donghyuk hisses and returns to his computer, but not without shooting Namjoon one last nasty glare over his shoulder.

 

Only a few minutes he announces that he’s made it and the rest, minus Jinhwan and Yunhyeong crowd around the computer, the first screens that pop up are of the highway just out of town but Hanbin shakes his head, “no way they’d risk being that close to an open road,” he says and Donghyuk frowns, “I’m not sure how far the cameras go,” he says quietly and Taehyung from the back speaks up, “what about that road?” he points to one on the screen that looks more like a trail for walking than any vehicle to pass. “I mean, it depends, where did the informant spot the car?” he continues and Donghyuk switches the screen to the highway, “parked just by the ditch,” he points.

 

“It’s possible that they ditched their car and walked through the forest to the houses behind it,” Seokjin comments quietly from the back, Yoongi snort unattractively, “seems like an awful lot of work just to transport some hostages,” no one in the room seems to appreciate the comment and they way it’s spoken but no one speaks up.

 

“They lost some of their crew back at the house, maybe they had to think quickly,” Donghyuk mumbles as he switches from screen to screen in search of something, a flicker of light or a shadow or anything indicating life. As he keeps scrolling camera after camera he starts to zone out and only when Jinhwan shouts does he come back to the land of the living, “hyung?” yunhyeong questions worriedly as it seems he’s trying to calm Jinhwan down, but Jinhwan scrambles up from bed and hurries over to the group huddled over the computer, “go back!” he commands and Donghyuk does just that, 3 cameras back Jinhwan shouts again and Donghyuk stops, “there!” he points to the very corner of the dark screen, at first Namjoon and Hanbin share a look over the other's’ head but then Donghyuk yelps “there!” he points to the screen as well.

 

Either the two have gone crazy or it’s them who are missing something, because to the rest the corner of the screen is just completely black, “am I missing something?” Jimin questions and Donghyuk whines, “look closely!” he orders and if it were in any other situation Jimin would have slapped him for being disrespectful, but now he felt like it probably wouldn’t do any good.

 

So Jimin looks closer, close enough that his nose is almost touching the screen,and for a second it’s quiet as he looks, and then he sees it. An arm pumping water from the pump and he shouts in surprise, “I see it!”

 

“What is it?” NAmjoon demands, “can you zoom in or something? Aren’t you supposed to be a genius?” he hisses at Donghyuk but the younger is too excited to take offense and he zooms in on the screen, “they’re there,” he says and then they all see it, the arm pumping water; it could have been anyone, if it wasn't for the wolf tattoo on the arm marking the arm as property of Exo.

 

“We found them,” Seokjin mumbles in relief and Jinhwan sighs happily, “they must have chosen a house in a blind spot, but forgotten the water pump,” Donghyuk mumbles and leans back in his chair, “we found them,” he mumbles and closes his eyes in relief.

 

“Now we just have to get them back,” Yoongi states and the paradise feeling of rainbows and sunshine crash around Donghyuk. Right, get them back, they can do that....right?

 
 

*_*

 

Chanwoo practically gags as Yixing pours the disgusting water into his mouth, “there there, don’t be like that little one, I pumped it myself,” he whispers and Chanwoo swallows reluctantly and shakes his head as if it will help against the metallic taste in his mouth.

 

He sees Yixing walk over to Jungkook and grab a small flask from his jean pocket and pour its contents into the cup, “what are you doing?2 Chanwoo shouts alarmed as Yixing brings the cup up to Jungkook’s lips,”calm down little one, it’s just cough syrup,” he laughs quietly and tilts the cup to Jungkook’s lips, “why, he’s not sick? He hasn’t coughed a single time?” he questions in clear confusion and Yixing pours the rest down Jungkook’s throat, “it’s not because he’s sick, it keeps him drowsy and unable to fight back,” he smiles at Chanwoo.

 

“It’s very affective in great amounts,” he mumbles and Chanwoo’s eyes widen in realization, “you drugged him,” he states and Yixing claps his hand, “bingo!” he calls before taking double steps up the stairs and leaving Chanwoo in the mostly dark room, except for a single candle by the bookshelf. He knows there’s no use yelling at them so instead he just mumbles to himself, “wait til ikon gets here,” but sadly, it doesn’t sound as threatening as it did in his head, they are coming...aren’t they?

 

*_*

 

“Hyung, you can’t come in your condition,” Hanbin says as Jinhwan completely ignores him and straps a gun to his leg, “I can, and I will,” he states as grabs another gun to tuck in his belt, Hanbin sighs as he sees the elder struggle to pick one up because of the lack of use in his left hand. He reaches forward and grabs Jinhwan, “hyung,” he mumbles and presses himself closer, “you’re hurt,” he whispers quietly and slowly pulls the gun out from the elder’s belt, “I’m not useless,” Jinhwan hisses and tries to pull away from Hanbin but Hanbin keeps a firm grip, “I knows you’re not, but right now you need time to heal, so please, stay here,” he presses his lips to the elder’s forehead and sighs deeply, “Just because I can only use one hand doesn’t mean I’m not still dangerous, it doesn’t mean that I’m suddenly some damsel in distress, and it certainly doesn’t mean that-”

 

Hanbin cuts him off with a quick peck on the lips, it’s nothing extraordinary, there are no fireworks or butterflies in his stomach, it’s just a kiss, a small form of comfort that Jinhwan so greatly appreciates. “I know, we all know that, hyung. But please, for me, for Chanwoo, stay here and stay safe, huh?”

 

Jinhwan lifts is head and stares right into Hanbin’s dark eyes for any sort of deceit or ill will, but of course he finds none, so he sighs and nods reluctantly, but as Hanbin goes to pull away he grabs him by the arm, “I promise to be safe if you do too,” Hanbin gives him a small smile and peck him on the lips, “I promise, hyung.”

 

“Not that this isn’t sickeningly sweet-” hanbin jumps a few feet away from Jinhwan and stares at Jiwon in shock, he hadn’t heard him come in at all, “- but we need to get moving,” Jiwon hisses from the doorway and Hanbin almost cowers at the look in his eyes, the look that definitely doesn't belong to Jiwon, it belongs to Bobby. “Uh...yeah...right,” Hanbin fumbles after his words and Bobby slams his hand on the wall, “let’s go,” he says sharply. Hanbin shoots an apologetic look toward Jinhwan who returns it with a small smile, but there’s turmoil in his eyes, Hanbin can tell.

He’s not given much time to dwell on it but he thinks about it as he gets dressed and sticks a knife in his boot, sure he was bothered by the fact that Jiwon interrupted them as well...but Jinhwan seems almost sad, and that worries him.

 

As he exits the building he sees Junhwe only a few feet ahead, looking far worse than he’d expected, “June, you doing okay?” he asks as discreetly as possible so that he doesn’t alarm the others, Junhwe pauses for a second and then shakily looks up at him, “we’ll get him back, right?” he asks and his voice is surprisingly unsteady and Hanbin frowns in confusion, “yeah, ‘course,” he says quickly to assure the younger but he doesn’t seem to comforted.

 

“C’mon, let’s go,” Hanbin pulls Junhwe by the arm and hauls him to the car ahead of Bangtan’s car where Jiwon’s already in the front seat with Yunhyeong strapped in beside him, Donghyuk’s in the back alone and Hanbin doesn’t like it, the car’s too empty; it’s almost like he said it out aloud because Yunhyeong waves him over to his side of the car, “too much space huh?” he whispers but Hanbin doesn’t reply. He finds that he can’t.

 

“Let’s get moving!” Namjoon calls from the back and Jiwon starts up the engine, “I hate taking orders from that ,” he grumbled and Yunhyeong claps him on the shoulder, “kill Exo and you won’t have to,” he says and no one questions that, It’s just weird hearing it from Yunhyeong’s mouth, he’s by no chance naive or weak, but he’s not one for spraying people’s brains on the wall or dismembering them. Maybe that’s about to change, Hanbin thinks as he sees Yunhyeong kiss his cross as a goodbye and put it in his pocket instead of around his neck, yeah Hanbin thinks, things are certainly about to change.

 

 


 

I'm sorry for not ending it with a big fight,that will be in the next chapter, a big fight and ..........sadness......:(

But I hope you enjoyed that and I'll see you next week

Btw, my other reason for this being very short orher than me being lazy is because it was recently my birthday so I was kind of busy hehe,but thanks so much for reading!!! It means the world to me, and if you have the time please leave a little comment

Have a nice day/night/morning/afternoon <3 <3