Crashed Cars and Bloody Hands

Gangsta's Paradise

After all the great response I got on the last chapter I decided to update again!!! You live in luxury my dear readers.

Anyways, I guess I should warn you that this contains vomiting and blood 

But other than that, all I've got to say is enjoy <3

 


'

 

He’s hugging himself as tightly as he can under the bed with his arms around himself, it’s a tight fit but that’s the least of his worries with all the commotion from outside. The alarm is  still blaring and the sound of shouting can be heard, so far there haven’t been any gunshots yet but Chanwoo feels that it’s only a matter of time before the first shot is fired.

 

He’s terrified for both himself but mostly for the others, and his fears surely aren’t lowered as he hears the first shot being fired, it’s not in the apartment but it’s damn close and Chanwoo reaches up to cover his ears. He’s shaking all over and it can be because of the fact that he’s lying on the cold floor in nothing but a long shirt but but also because he’s panicking. He can barely see anything, all he can do is listen, listen to the sounds of shots being fired and the sound of screaming.

 

There’s a pounding on the door to Junhwe’s room and his breath catches in his throat, Junhwe wouldn’t knock because it’s his room so who can it be. The door flies open with a loud bang and Chanwoo refrains from crying out loud, he doesn’t give away his hiding space in case it’s an enemy.

 

From where he’s lying he can see feet walking around the bed and it’s no shoes he recognizes, he holds a hand over his mouth and makes himself even smaller. He sees the person start to bend down and thinks that ‘this is it’ this is where he’s gonna end, the person’s gonna see him and judging by the gunfire from outside he won’t let him off easy. Just when the person’s about to look under the bed there’s another person running in, “hyung, we gotta go!” he’s saying and Chanwoo certainly does not recognize the man’s voice, not one bit.

 

Fortunately, the man gets up from his knees and runs out the door leaving Chanwoo with a pounding heart  but the feeling of relief in his chest.

 

He doesn’t know for how long he stays under the bed with his ears covered and his breathing labored but what feels like hours later there’s someone coming into the room again and he’s terrified once again, the person bends down quickly and Chanwoo yelps as a hand comes to grab at him. “Shh, It’s just me,” it’s Junhwe and Chanwoo almost sobs in relief because he’s safe now, as long as he’s with one of his hyungs he’s safe.

 

He lets Junhwe pull him out from under the bed and as soon as he’s free to move he throws his arms around him and buries his face in the crook of his neck, any other time he’d be embarrassed beyond compare but the only thing he’s experiencing now is relief.

 

Junhwe’s arms come around him after a few seconds of hesitation and he hugs him back tightly, Chanwoo’s surprised that he’s responding so quickly (and at all) but none the less grateful for the comfort. When he tries to pull away Junhwe’s arm keep their locked hold of him and Chanwoo’s confused but not complaining, it’s nice to be held, he thinks.

 

When Junhwe does pull away though he doesn’t say much, only grabs Chanwoo’s hand and pulls him to his feet, “we gotta go,” is the only thing he utters and then he’s pulling Chanwoo through the loft and by the hand and passing the front door on the way, “hyung, where are we-” He doesn’t get to finish his question as Junhwe kicks straight into the wall. At first, Chanwoo thinks he’s angry at him for speaking and is about to apologize when Junhwe kicks at the door again and the sound of something loosening can be heard. Chanwoo suspects there’s more to the wall than meets the eye and his suspicions are correct when the wall suddenly collapses and shows a hole in the wall in the perfect form of a door.

 

“Emergency exit” is the only thing Junhwe tells him as he pulls Chanwoo through the door and down the stairs, it’s dark and dusty and has clearly not been used for a while. There’s a door at the end of the staircase that Junhwe opens and suddenly they’re on a side of the house that Chanwoo’s never been at, it’s like a small yard with overgrown grass and fallen leaves from the few trees there. Junhwe drags him along across the yard to a garage door, he lets go of Chanwoo hand to pull the door up and Chanwoo’s momentarily disappointed but quickly fixes himself because there are more important things at stake than his little broken heart.

 

As soon as the door’s open Junhwe’s stepping inside and that’s when Chanwoo sees a car, it’s black but not like the other cool car they have, this one’s a family car and if it were to drive out in traffic no one would look twice, he supposes that’s the point.

 

Junhwe gets into the driver’s seat and Chanwoo joins him in the passenger seat in the front only to be stopped by a hand on his chest, “get in the back instead and lay low” Junhwe says and Chanwoo frowns, why is he not allowed to sit in the front?

 

“Why?” he questions and Junhwe scowls, “because I said so, now get in,” and so Chanwoo follows the order, reluctantly, he sits in the back seat and sits low so that he can barely look out the window, he looks to the front for approval and Junhwe nods back at him. This is weird, he thinks. As soon as the door’s closed Junhwe’s starting the car and then they’re off, when they drive out of the garage on the other side Chanwoo doesn’t recognize his surroundings, this house had been the furthest away he’s been from his previous home, so he has no idea what lies behind it.

 

It’s all peace and quiet until there’s a hole in the window and Junhwe’s swerving into the wrong lane with urgency, the sound of a gun going off is rings clear and suddenly there’s a hole in the back seat’s window just over Chanwoo’s head and he screams because there’s broken glass on his head and he’s scared.

 

“Stay down!” Junhwe yells as he swerves once again, Chanwoo can’t see much of where they’re going but people’s still shooting at them and he’s crying in distress, at one point Junhwe ducks down and Chanwoo wants to yell at him to keep his eyes on the road but seconds later there’s a hole in the spot where Junhwe’s head was and Chanwoo decides to keep quiet because Junhwe’s clearly more experienced than him.

 

When another shot flies past above his head Chanwoo closes his eyes and sinks even lower down in his seat that he’s basically lying down, he’s been through his father’s violence but even all of the beatings put into one can measure up to this. A sudden groan of pain makes him open his eyes to see what’s going on, he can’t see much because Junhwe’s seat is in the way but suddenly he’s thrown forward and his foot gets stuck under the seat and for a few seconds all he can feel is pain radiating in his leg. At least it’s quiet, he thinks, there’s no more shooting or broken glass falling everywhere.

 

It’s only when he sits up enough to look out the window that he sees that they’ve crashed into something, he assumes it’s a tree of some sort because at the side of the road a little further back there’s a small forest, he manages to open the door and loosen his seat belt, the climb out is painful because of his foot but it’s not unbearable. He basically falls out of the car onto the grass at the side of the road but at least it’s not cement his face smacks into. He crawls to the front seat and opens the door; suddenly all he can see is red a not because he’s angry but because it’s all literally very red. There’s blood covering Junhwe’s very white shirt and his hand and for god's sake, he hopes that the red on his lips is lipstick and not what he thinks it is. He’s not sure where to touch, he doesn’t want to hurt him even more and he has no medical experience except for the things he’s done on himself but he’s never been shot before and never had a wound in his stomach.

 

“J-Junhwe hyung” he mumbles quietly as he carefully tries to shake him a bit, all he gets from that though is a groan of pain and quickly stops so that he doesn’t jostle him anymore. There’s blood covering Junhwe’s entire front and when he sees more flow from the cracks in between Junhwe’s fingers he quickly puts his own hand over his and presses down. Junhwe groans in pain and tries to push him away but Chanwoo keeps his hand firmly on top of the elder’s.

 

He pats over Junhwe’s thighs in search for his phone and when he finds it he quickly grabs it and starts it. The first thing he sees is the background which has a picture of iKon in it (minus him) and they seem to be having dinner in the loft. It must be an old picture because Junhwe looks very young and Donghyuk’s hair is pink (almost as pink as Namjoon’s). He swipes to the rights and is met by a password, of course it’d be passcode protected why had he thought differently.

 

He moans in distress as he realizes that he’s knows Junhwe for a month and barely knows anything about him, of course he won’t be able to crack the code. He tries ‘iKon’ just because it’s simple and relatable but it doesn’t work, he tries Junhwe’s name too because he seems like he takes great pride in his features (which are really nice) but that is wrong too.

 

He shakes Junhwe a little to get him to wake up but he doesn’t respond and Chanwoo worries that he might have passed out from blood loss, “Junhwe hyung, wake up!” he calls and Junhwe twitches, “hm?” he mumbles and Chanwoo reaches up to pat his cheek, “what’s your password?” he asks urgently and Junhwe cracks his eyes open to stare at him in confusion.

 

“Hyung, password” Chanwoo says again and Junhwe seems to understand, “Donghyeong,” he mumbles and Chanwoo frowns because has he lost so much blood that he can no longer remember his own members. “What? Hyung-”

 

“Donghyeong, they’re disgustingly cute” and Chanwoo realizes that it’s a mixture of two names, he wants to laugh but feels like this may not be the best time, so instead he just types it in and it works. The phone lights up and the background is of Hanbin and Junhwe...kissing?

Chanwoo ignores the slight ache in his chest and instead goes directly to the contacts list, he sees Donghyuk’s name and without a second thought he  presses it.

 

It rings for a while and he’s afraid he won’t pick up but then suddenly there’s a break in the constant ringing and a voice sounds through the phone, “Junhwe?”

 

“No, hyung, it’s me Chanwoo...Junhwe hyung’s been shot,”

 

“, , where are you?” it’s probably the first time he’s heard Donghyuk swear and it surprises him more than it should, sometimes he forgets that they kill people on a daily, and if not daily then, a weekly basis and of course won’t be so lovey dovey and sweet as they are at home with him.

 

“Hyung I don’t know where we are, we crashed into a tree on some road and they, I don’t know who, but they shot at us through the window and they shot Junhwe hyung and I think I’ve twisted my ankle and-”

 

“Chanwoo calm down alright, I’m gonna track your phone, in the meantime I’ll let you talk to Yunhyeong, alright?” Chanwoo manages to mumble a quiet ‘yeah’ through the phone and then there’s some rustling before the sound of Yunhyeong’s voice comes through the phone, “Chanwoo!” he says quite loudly and Chanwoo hums in response while keeping pressure on the wound in Junhwe’s stomach, Junhwe seems to be completely passed out right now and he’s terrified that if he removes his hand heäll bleed to death.

 

“Where’s he shot?” Yunhyeong asks and Chanwoo answers nervously, “stomach, hyung, there’s so much blood,” he hears Yunhyeong swear a bit away from the phone before he’d back on sounding more determined than ever. “Alright, you’ve gotta listen to me right now,can you do that?”

 

“Yeah, h-hyung” Chanwoo stutters as he feels his teeth began to hack and it’s only then that he notices how it could it really is, “okay, what I want you to do is open up his shirt and take a look at the wound,” Chanwoo almost gags at the thought of seeing the hole in Junhwe’s stomach from the bullet but he knows that this is crucial to his survival and Chanwoo’s disgust will just have to try and not exist.

 

He puts the phone down in Junhwe’s lap and gets to work with one hand on his t-shirt, he can’t lift it over his head so he’ll have to rip it, he grabs Junhwe’s keys from the ignition and tries to saw a small rip in the seam at the top of his shirt, as soon as it breaks just a little bit he grips it tightly and tears as hard as he can, it’s a struggle but he manages to pull it open until it’s open all the way down.

 

He actually does gag when he sees the wound with the flesh torn open around it but he manages to pull through without throwing up all over himself, he sees that there’s no wound in the back and so the bullet must still be inside, “hyung, there’s no exit wound,” he says and Yunhyeong sighs, he can’t tell if it’s good or bad.

 

“It’s good because that means he’ll only bleed from one opening and you’ll only have to keep pressure in the front, but it’s bad because you’ll have to dig out the bullet,” Chanwoo’s heart almost stops at the words, he’s bandaged his own wounds before and cut his own legs open but never has he dug a bullet out of a person before, and he never thought he’d have to.

 

“How?” his eyes are blown wide in fear but he’s determined to save Junhwe and if he has to dig into his body to do it he will, “I can’t really sugar coat this so I’m just gonna say, stick you hand in, look for the bullet and try not to dig into anything else. We don’t want to cause any extra internal bleeding,” Yunhyeong says and Chanwoo feels tears building up, he has a life in his hands and it’s the most terrifying thing he’s ever been through.

 

When he looks down at the wound he tries to think that it’s one of the people who shot at them, that way he doesn’t shake when he digs his hand into the body, it’s warm and sticky and he feels so disgusted but he’s relentless in his actions because he’s gotta find that ing bullet. When his fingers meet something hard he almost cheers in relief because he’s found the bullet, he manages to grip it but when he pulls his hand out of Junhwe more blood than before follows and he suspects that he’s broken something. “Yunhyeong hyung! There’s so much blood I don’t-” he has to cut himself off as some of it splatters onto his face and he’s frozen in shock because he has Junhwe’s blood in his face and he wants to throw up. He gags as he presses both is hands onto Junhwe’s stomach and keeps pressure on the wound, “we’re on our way Chanwoo” Just keep pressure on the wound” Yunhyeong says and Chanwoo wants to bite back something snarky because what does he think he’s doing? But he doesn’t because he knows Yunhyeong’s just trying to help, but he’s panicking and on the verge of hyperventilating.

 

“Chanwoo, we see you!” Yunhyeong says through the phone and Chanwoo almost cries in relief, he wants to cry but he can’t because just as his mind is frozen so is his body, his eyes feel dry and his mouth too. He’s in shock.

 

There’s the sound of a car screeching behind him and suddenly there’s a hand on his shoulder, “let Yunhyeong take over,” it’s Jinhwan he hears and just as Jinhwan pulls his hands away from Junhwe Yunhyeong’s replacing them. Jinhwan pulls him away from the car but they only make it a few meters before Chanwoo’s falling to his knees and throwing up everything in his stomach, he tries to wipe the cold sweat from his forehead off but instead he just smears blood from his hands onto his forehead and he throws up again, it almost feels like he’s throwing up his intestines with the force he’s using.

 

Jinhwan’s hand is on his back rubbing comforting circles and whispering words but Chanwoo is too out of it to understand, he hears something about a ‘papa’ and a car and then someone’s lifting him up and putting a bag in front of him.

 

He’ shaking all over and the blood on his body is not helping but at least it’s distracting him from the pain in his foot, somewhere between a car starting and someone telling him something he falls asleep to the lulling movement of the car.

 

-

 

When he wakes up it’s to the sound of screaming and shouting and he’s brought back to his panicked mood from before, he’s up before he even has time to adjust to the room and look around himself. He doesn’t even notice that his foot is bandaged and that the blood from his body is gone before he’s out and following the shouting, he reaches a room with the door open and when he looks in he wishes to erase the picture from his mind forever because Junhwe’s lying on a surgical table with hands holding him down and someone pouring what looks like vodka on his stomach. Chanwoo stands in the doorway speechless it’s not long before someone notices him, but it’s not one of his hyungs, it’s the man pouring alcohol onto Junhwe’s body that does and when he sees him he calls for someone, Touka, get him out of here!” and suddenly there’s a small hand grabbing his and dragging him out of the room. He’s too frozen to react.

 

Touka closes the door and pulls him down the hallway and back to the room he woke up in, they enter together and Touka leads him back to the bed, “stay here,” Touka says and when Chanwoo looks up he can see her clearly, she has short hair and small eyes but she looks nice. She speaks with an accent and judging by her name she’s japanese, Chanwoo thinks that maybe she can talk to him later, later when he’s not so out of it and when Junhwe isn’t screaming a few meters away. He falls asleep again.

 

Next time he wakes there are hands holding his foot and tries to roll away from it, “calm down,” it’s not Touka anymore, it’s Yunhyeong and Chanwoo quickly sits up and throws himself at him, Yunhyeong’s arms come to wrap around him and Chanwoo cries into his shoulder. “It’s alright now, Junhwe’s alright” Chanwoo’s happy that Yunhyeong seems to understand what he’s really crying about.

 

“He’s asleep right now and in quite a lot of pain but he’s alright,”Yunhyeong mumbles and Chanwoo nods into his shoulder but otherwise stays quiet, there’s a pain in his chest and he wants to get rid of it, “can I see him?” he asks quietly and the sound comes out muffled.

 

Yunhyeong seems like he wants to say no but when Chanwoo tightens his arms around him and practically bed through physical affection he nods slowly and pulls away from the younger, “don’t expect him to be much company though,” he says but Chanwoo barely registers it because he’s about to see Junhwe, and he’ll be able to see that he really is okay and not dead, no not dead.

 

Yunhyeong helps him down the hallway and although Chanwoo doesn’t say anything he can tell that the boy’s foot is really troubling him, but luckily it’s only a sprain and not a break. When they stop outside of the room with Junhwe in it Chanwoo almost turns and runs but Yunhyeong keeps a firm grip on him, “go inside,” he says and although Chanwoo’s scared and wants to go home and sleep it all away he can’t leave Junhwe, so he loosens Yunhyeong’s grip on him and pulls down the hallway.

 

The room is far more quiet than it was the first time he entered but just like the first time Junhwe’s not alone, Touka’s sitting on his bed with a towel on his forehead and she seems to be wiping sweat away from his forehead. When she sees him though she stops and puts the towel down, “hi,” she whispers quietly and Chanwoo smiles in response, “is he doing alright?” he asks and the switch of language seems to throw Touka off her feet for a few seconds before she’s up again and smiling back at him, “he’s alright,” she says as he stands, when she passes him she puts a hand on his shoulder and then she’s out.

 

He feels like they’ll be good friends already.


He takes a seat beside Junhwe and looks him over, there’s a big white bandage covering his entire abdomen and he’s still got some blood here and there that makes Chanwoo feel uneasy, so he picks up the cold towel that Touka had used and wipes down Junhwe’s neck where there’s a few dried droplets of blood. He wipes down his chest too and his arms until he’s blood free and it’s like a huge weight has been lifted from his chest as he looks down at Junhwe, he looks so much younger (not to mention cleaner) and it tugs at Chanwoo’s heart because Junhwe’s 19 years old, that’s not so much older than himself and still Junhwe’s been through and seen so much. He puts away the towel and grabs one of Junhwe’s hands, it’s only when he feels the comfort of the other that he finally calms down, he lays his head down on the small space on the bed and closes his eyes, he doesn’t sleep for at least a few hours but the warmth from the other is enough to bring him great comfort.

 


 Thank you for reading!!! JUNCHAN IS LOVE AND JUCHAN IS LIFE as you can tell I really love them together, and I hope you do to.

And the roles were reversed in the end because Chanwoo held Junhwe's hand and I'm so emotional omg It's not even real I don't know why I feel like crying, anyways, hope you enjoyed that <3

Have a good day/night/morning/afternoon <3 <3 <3

(Please comment