Why are you shaking up my heart?

Hold Me Tight

I’m getting nervous, I’m getting nervous
Who are you? Are you that great?
Why do you keep teasing me?
Just stop now, hold up, hold up


 

~.~

As soon as the lift door opened up, manager and I hold onto Yoongi hyung who was leaning on the elevator wall. He can’t even stand on his feet that we have to hold his arms as he walked. His dreadful looks somehow got my heart aches everytime I spare my looks on him.

Manager pulled out the doorkey in his pocket and unlocked the door.  As we went in, the manager hold Yoongi up for a while as I took off his shoes after I was done with mine. We shoot straight to Yoongi’s room and laid him down on the bed. I let down his brown bag on the chair before I circled around to face the bed again.

“Hoseok ah. Will you be fine? Do you want me to stay?” Manager-nim asked me as I fixed Yoongi’s pillow for him to be able to rest his head comfortably. I stacked two pillows for him. One for his head and the other one to support his neck.

“Ah. It’s okay. I’ll be fine.” I answered as I finished fixing Yoongi’s pillow. I turned around to see the manager standing still near the door, waiting for me to reply.

“Okay then. Call me if you need helps in anything.” He took out his handphone and shook it to gesture me to call him.

“No worries. I’ll manage him well.” I assured him. I know he has been receiving calls since earlier. It must have been hard for the other manager to handle the other members alone.

“Then, I’m off. You don’t have to send me off. I’ll locked the door on my way out.” The manager hold up his hand to me as I was about to stand to send him off. As I heard him locked the door, I turned my face to Yoongi hyung again.

He was sleeping so peacefully but he looked pale. I decided to go into my room to change my clothes to my comfortable homewear cloth before attending him.

As I got back, he was still sleeping. I sat on the bed just beside him and reached for his forehead with the back of my palm. He’s still burning with fever.

At that time, I got a call from Seokjin hyung. Did not want to bother him, I went to the living room to answer his call.

“Hello. Hoseok ah. Are you at home yet?” Jin’s worried voice can be heard from the call eventhough most of the calls were filled with noise from the set.

“Yes hyung. I’m already home with Yoongi hyung.” I answered with a low voice, not wanting to disturb Yoongi who’s sleeping.

“Did you went to the hospital? What did the doctor said?” Jin continues asking out of concern.

“We did. He said that Yoongi hyung body already reached his limit. That’s why he collapsed.” I explained in a calm manner. I knew Jin hyung personality who could easily got freaked out even when any of us got a small cut.

“Really? Then why don’t they hospitalised him? Isn’t it bad?” See? Jin’s voice started to get a level higher.

“He refused. He wanted to rest at home. After getting an IV drip and ate some vitamins, he insisted on going home.” I could hear Namjoon’s faint voice calming down the freaked out Jin hyung from the back.

“But Jin hyung. Now that he’s asleep, I sensed his body is burning hot. What should I do?” I asked. Jin hyung has always been the one who nursed us when we fell sick so he must know how to handle the situation well.

“Then, you go to the kitchen now and get a bowl of water and a towel.” I went to the kitchen as instructed.

“Okay I can see the bowl but I did not see any towel here.” I took a bowl in my left hand as my right hand is still holding on to the phone. I looked around but could not see any towel there.

“If you are in front of the refrigerator, look to the drawer on your right. The towel is in the lowest drawer. Can you see it?” I opened the drawer and there is the towel! As expected of Jin hyung. He knows the whereabouts of things in our house very well.

“Ah yes. I found it. Then I should put the towel on his forehead once in a while right?” I confirmed with him.

“Yes. It helps to turn down his high fever.” Jin assured.

“Okay then Jin hyung. I’ll call you later if I need anything.” I turned off the call as Jin hyung was called for the broadcast.

I brought the bowl to the sink and half-filled it. Then I make my way to Yoongi’s hyung room.

I sat at the corner of his bed and put the bowl at the lamp table near the bed. I thought of only relieving his fever but then I realized that he still got his makeup on. I felt bad for him to fall asleep without removing his makeup first. It must been uncomfortable. I dipped the towel in the bowl and squeezed it. Then I brought it over to Yoongi’s forehead. I laid the towel on his forehead and keep still for a mere seconds. It did not take too long for the towel to get warm. I shoved it back into the bowl and squeezed it few times again. This time I brushed the wet towel lightly on his forehead, going down to his cheeks, further to his nape of necks and his shoulder, removing all the makeups that he had on. It was quite tough to cleanse his makeup face as I had to be wary of not waking him up. The toughest of all would be his eye makeup. Only God knows how careful I am as I brushed his eye makeup off.

Soon after a few times wetting the towel,I could feel the water inside the bowl getting warmer. I stood up and shuffled out of the room quietly.

Just as I was about to dash out of the kitchen, I realized the presence of a plastic bag on the kitchen table. I stopped for a while and put the bowl on the table. I took a look on the inside. That’s when I realized that I forgot something. I told manager hyung to buy some porridge while I got Yoongi hyung checked up at the hospital just now. And yet I forgot about it. Luckily manager hyung put it on the table so it managed to get caught within my ray of view.

I got my back on the kitchen and started to look for a pot. I smiled as I saw a pot on the dishwasher rack. Putting it on the kitchen, I took out the food container from the plastic. The container is still warm but I decided to heat it again before serving it to Yoongi hyung.

As I was stirring the pumpkin porridge with a wooden spoon, I got all wary of my surroundings. Supposed Yoongi hyung was calling for me, I’d be able to rushed over to him quickly. That’s how worried sick I am for him.

After tasting the porridge a bit, I nodded to myself. The warmness is just right. I grabbed a bowl on my left side and slowly poured the porridge in it. I tossed the pot in the sink, thinking that I might as well come back later to do the dishes. I did not have the heart to let Yoongi hyung starve any longer.

Pushing the door open with my elbow with my hands on the tray, I saw Yoongi hyung curled up on the bed. I got to the side of the bed and put the tray on the bedside table. The room was dark but dimmed enough as I the bedside lamp. Yoongi hyung’s face looked so peaceful. I hesitated for a bit. Should I wake him up for food?

 After having a countless thought going on my mind, my hands reached for his arms.

“Hyung. Yoongi hyung. Wake up.” I shook his arms gently.

“Hyung you should eat. Wake up.” I move my hands to his side and shook him again.

“I’m not hungry.” Yoongi hyung said while moving his body slightly. He still had his eyes shut though.

“But hyung. You haven’t had any lunch for today right?” I asked, almost like a whisper.

“Hmm.” Yoongi hyung answered half-heartedly.

“Then you should wake up. I’ll feed you some porridge. It’s your favourite porridge, pumpkin porridge. It’s the one which you love the most.” I tried my best to coax him into eating some food. Isn’t it bad enough that he got sick for overworking? I’m not letting him sick over starving.

As soon as my mumbling got heard all over the room, I noticed his frowned face. He looked up my face and stared at me with his sleepy eyes.

“Hoseok ah. I’m not hungry. I wanted to sleep. Can you let me be?” He kind of begging me to let him have some sleep over eating.

“No hyung. You should at least have some food before you sleep. I’m not letting you fall asleep with a growling sound of your stomach.” I am surely not backing down.

“But I don’t have any appetite. And don’t get me talk too much. I’m already tired now.” Yoongi wanted to roll over to his side but I got a hold on his body.

“Just eat a little. A little would do. Then I’ll let you have some sleep.” I rolled him over to my side again.

I helped him to sit with his back on the pillow that I adjusted. I did not let my eyes locked with him as I knew he was glaring at me. Even when he was sick, he still did not lost his stubborn self.

I reached out my hands to the bowl. Swirled the wooden spoon around the porridge for a while to cool it down, I brought the spoon over my mouth to taste the temperature. I knew Yoongi hyung was staring but I ignored it.

Scooping some of the porridge of the bowl, I brought it over to his mouth. He was still staring at me, not wanting to give in.

“Aaah.” I shaped my mouth in an O shape but he still refused to follow it.

“Ah hyung. Just a few spoonful. I promised.” I did some aegyo, asking for him to give in.

It did not take me too long since he gave in. He sighed before opening his mouth, allowing me to shoved the porridge into his mouth.

“You’re so annoying.” He said while munching on the porridge slowly.

“But still you gave in so I won.”I smirked a little at him. I gave the porridge another swirl to cool it down as Yoongi hyung was munching.

“Oh please. I gave in because I couldn’t stand your weird aegyo.” Yoongi hyung gulped down his porridge as he talked back to me.

“Really? Or you’re actually got shocked at my charming aegyo?” I a little as I fed him another spoon of porridge. Now he didn’t fight back anymore. He automatically opened up his mouth as the spoon got near his mouth.

“Hoseok please. I’m not.” Yoongi backed himself up. It looked like he recovered a little, as he had the will to cover himself.

“Well then be it.” I gave in but it’s just because I did not want to tire himself out by trying to win over our childish fight.

“Hoseok I said I didn’t.” Yoongi looked over my eyes as I gave in too quickly.

“Yes hyung.” I replied with a nod.

“Yahh stop it.” He must have thought that I was still teasing him as he gave me a faint punch with his small fist.

“What hyung? I said I got it.”I smiled as bright as sunshine when his small fist touched my arms.

“You’re teasing me. Stop it.” Yoongi hyung gave me another slight punch but this time it looked like he only brushed his fist over my arms and it slid down under my arms.

“Hyung. I. Am. Not. Teasing. You.” I grabbed his small fist that was sliding down my arms gently. It brought him to a shock as I make a circle around his fist with my thumb while replying to his argument. Needless to say that I was shocked too by my own action. 

As I said that, I was looking at him so intently while emphasizing every word out of my mouth. The air between us got really awkward as our staring contest went over for a few minutes. It seems like both of us got lost in our own thoughts. I went fluttered as my eyes got caught staring at his lips. His pale face went blushed as well, maybe realizing that I have been staring at his lips for a while now.

I coughed a little as I felt my face went blush over our situation. Now that I realized my fool actions, I put his hand back on his lap and backed down my view to the porridge again. I didn’t realized that the porridge was almost finished. Now there’s only a spoonful left, I scooped it out and had my head up again, facing Yoongi hyung.

“Er Hyung. Just another one left.” I saw his mouth hanging open, maybe wanted to say something but I cut him off before he said anything. I knew that I was stuttering but I tried to cover it.

Yoongi hyung took another spoonful without any word and he had his eyes on the other side of the room as he was munching on the porridge slowly.

I got up from my seat and put the bowl on the tray. I had to get out of this room before things got really really awkward again, I thought. I could feel his eyes staring at my backs as I got my way out of the room with the tray.

I let the water running down the hose in the sink while my thought went back to our situation earlier. I am seriously out of my mind. I couldn’t control myself whenever we got close to each other. Yoongi hyung’s touch somehow got me riled up with this weird feelings and it got me out of control.

I sighed as I turned off the pipe, circled around and had my backs on the kitchen table. I did not think I could do the dishes now as my mind was preoccupied with something else. I brought my hands over my heart. I could feel my hearts going wild. I really need to have a control over myself next time. Who knows what would happen if I didn’t realize my fool actions just now.

 

~.~

In the room. Yoongi’s POV.

I could heard my uneven breathing as Hoseok went out of the room. What happened just now? Why am I having breathing difficulty?

I closed my eyes, trying to calm down my heart. To my shock, I could see Hoseok’s eyes staring at me like just now. With his glistening eyes, smiling so brightly at me.

I opened my eyes again, staring on the wall. What was happening to me? Is my heart shaking right now?

 

~.~

p/s: not sure if it met your expectations but I tried lewls. to be continued~