Down Pt 2

Hold Me Tight

NAMJIN.

Angst pt 2.

 

~.~

Namjoon woke up early despite not having any early schedule that day. He's up early because he has not been able to sleep in peace. He's worried of Jin. Jin has not come back yet since their parting after dance practice yesterday. He wonders what had happened.

Tossing his blanket aside, he sat at the edge of his bed with his legs spread and phone in his hand. He has been checking on his phone numerous times since last night because he couldnt get a hold of Jin ever since. No calls, no messages, no KaTalk or anything. There's no news of his whereabouts at all. Even the other members shrugged when they were asked about Jin.

When he suddenly thought of something, he typed in the numbers and makes a quick call.

"Oh.. Hello Ken hyung. Sorry to interrupt you..but..are you with Jin hyung right now?" Namjoon spoke to Ken in a calmest way possible. Not wanting to show his worriness.

"Uh..ah..No I'm not.. Why Namjoon?" Ken must have been sleeping when Namjoon called since his voice is cracking when he talked. Namjoon could even heard he yawned.

"Uh..Really? Ah..it's nothing..sorry to disturb you hyung..then.." Namjoon ran his eyes on the clock hanging on his room. It's still early. Usually Jin already woke up at this time.

He creaked the door open and left Jungkook alone in the room sleeping soundly on his bed with his plushie in his arms.

Namjoon walked over to the balcony. He pulled the curtain to one side and clipped it and ray of sun shines through the house. He brought his hands over his head, covering his face from the attack of direct sun to his face. Then he made his way to the kitchen, releasing a sigh as he realized the mess that was happening at the kitchen. Stack of unwashed bowls together with chopsticks,spoons, and cups were spread out in the sink. He looked over the garbage can and heaved out another long sigh.

If Jin hyung is here, he must have cleaned it up. Not without a long complain to the other members though. Namjoon smiled to himself when he reminisce about those times Jin would spank other members for messing up his kitchen, specifically the maknae line.

Namjoon usually will sit at the kitchen counter as Jin would never allow him to be at the kitchen when he was cooking. He did not believe that Namjoon will stay sit so he used food as his weapon. If Namjoon did not stay put, he won't get breakfast. And there Namjoon will sit upright at the counter waiting for Jin to finish cooking with his hands on the phone.

Namjoon was wiping the counter when he heard the door clicked open. The only person that came through his mind was Jin.

Jin came back!

He hurriedly hung the towel he was holding onto the rack and did not bother to undress Jin's apron from his body. He quickly made his way to the living room and rushed to the door.

"Yah stop that." Jin and Hoseok were tickling each other at the entrance. They did not even tossed their shoes aside yet but they're laughing continuously without realizing that Namjoon is there.

"Yah I told you to stop." Hoseok had a good laugh when Jin's face was scrunching up until it was red as he kept on pushing Hoseok's hand from his body. But that did not stop him. He continues to tickle Jin's side of the body until he sighted Namjoon at the entrance.

His laughs dies down but Jin did not realize about this yet.

"Hoseok ah. Are you giving up? Then let me continue~" Jin tried to tickle Hoseok with his teasing face but Hoseok rejected his hands and cleared his throat.

"Namjoon ah." Jin's laughs stopped. His heavenly smile faded away as he heard the latter's name came out of Hoseok's mouth. He did not dare to turn around to see Namjoon. Suddenly his heart went weary again.

"Where did you guys go last night?" Namjoon asked while his eyes is still set on Jin who was still having his broad back from Namjoon.

"We went for some fun. Right hyung?" Hoseok nudged Jin who was frozen by his side. Jin wanted to escape this crisis as soon as possible but Hoseok furrowed his brows at Jin, asking him for a reply.

"Ah yes." He replied but still not brave of facing Namjoon. His small voice sounded so down, it does not feel right to Namjoon's ears. Hoseok took turn looking at Namjoon and Jin's reaction at each other.

Aish this won't do. I need to do something.

"Ah right Namjoon. I think I'll be sleeping in right now. I'm sooo sleepy. " Hoseok made a fake yawn with his eyes covering his mouth. Without waiting for Jin, he put his shoes on the rack and quickly shuffled to his room, leaving only Jin and Namjoon at the entrance.

"Hose-.." Jin was flustered when Hoseok suddenly made a decision to left him alone there. It was so sudden he was not able to grasp onto Hoseok, asking him not to leave him there with Namjoon. Now that he is alone with Namjoon, the air suddenly got all weird.

Namjoon could not lie how his heart felt like being tugged a little when he saw Jin reaching his hands out to stop Hoseok from leaving. He knew that Jin was acting all awkward with him but that little act of Jin really got his heart hurt.

Did he hate me that much that he did not want to be left alone with me?  Namjoon silently hold  onto the end of Jin’s apron that he was wearing as the thought creeps in, leaving him almost breathless.

Jin just stood there. Silence creeping in. Neither of them tried to speak.

When Jin finally mustered up his courage to face Namjoon, at the moment when he was turning his body to face Namjoon, he heard Namjoon muttered something. He stopped turning.

"Did you hate me that much that you did not even want to look at me?" Namjoon's voice was staggering. He hold his breath before giving out another long sigh. He had been sighing a lot today. Jin did not know how to react. He could hear Namjoon chuckled along with a sob.

Wait. Namjoon was sobbing?! Jin’s eyes were staggering because Namjoon is not the emotional type. He’s the most rational member of them all.

Jin really wants to turn his back and face him but his feet won't move. He was forced to stand still there.

When he heard the sound of Namjoon's feet move and walked away, he balled his fist and turn his body around. He could see a glimpse of Namjoon entering his room with his apron.

Namjoon was wearing his apron! What does that mean?

He took a slow walk into the living room, going into the kitchen. There he realized that Namjoon actually took charge of his role and cleaned up his kitchen. Everything was clean and shiny. The kitchen even smells good. Then he felt something broke. It's his heart. He has been angry at Namjoon but Namjoon who has never did kitchen work actually took his role when he was away. And thankfully nothing broke along the process.

He stayed at the kitchen staring around before making his way to the room. While he was taking his bath, he stood under the shower while letting the water runs down his body. He was confused by Namjoon actually.

Why did he sob? When he was the one who tried to keep himself away from me?

A part of him wanted to run to Namjoon and comfort him right then but another part of him told him not to.

Should I checked him out? He even cleaned up the kitchen for me. He must be worried about me.

But he did not even called you or leave any message? Are you sure he was worried about you? A small voice lingers through his mind.

But was he waiting for me? It was rare for Namjoon to be up at this moment of time. Usually he got up late, only when I woke him up. Jin's heart continues to monologue, refusing the small voice statement.

But did you remember why you got mad at him? He toyed with you. Another sound makes it appearance inside his head.

Right. He toyed around with my heart. Why would I comfort someone who have been playing around with my feelings? He must be acting when he sobbed just now. Jin's mind override his heart.

He walked out of the long bath with his hands wrinkled as he spent too much time under the shower. He put on his favorite cloth and tucked himself to bed. He tried quite a long time until he fall asleep, trying to forget everything that was burdening him at that time.

At the same time, Namjoon shut the door and leaned his back on the door. He undo his apron and placed it down on the table after folding it in a square. His mind was all over the place.

"Hyung. What are you doing?" Jungkook woke up at the sound of bed creaking the moment Namjoon sit down on it. Only one of his eyes was open. His hair is in a mess. He actually saw Namjoon wiping his cheeks just now but he did not want to talk about it unless Namjoon open up to him about it.

"Nothing. Just thinking. " Namjoon shot a warm smile to the younger despite his heart being shattered into pieces at the sound of Jin entering the room beside them, not caring to take a look on him.

He had been waiting for Jin coming back but it all comes into a disappointment. Not only that jealousy got all over him when Jin was laughing happily with Hoseok, but when Jin's smiled broke down to a flat expression after realizing about his appearance, he couldn't take it anymore. He had been expecting Jin to come back and runs into him while smiling but it's all only his imagination. Now he wonders, what had happened last night? Why did Hoseok came back with Jin? And why is Jin avoiding him?