Juvenile

WHITE CHRISTMAS

“I’m sorry,” was all he can say.

Dahyun remained quiet. She was so beautiful, so hurt, and so vulnerable. Tears sprang fresh from her eyes. Ten knelt there beside her for a few moment, thinking it over and then deciding that if he touched her, she would never even know.

"I'm sorry, I’m really sorry,” he whispered as his hands rose and cupped her chin. Dahyun could hear the pain in his voice. Dahyun’s eyes raising to lock onto his.

“I need to get out of here.” Dahyun buzzed, snapping out of his daze. Ten nodded, but honestly he barely heard her voice.

“I-I want to make a request, although I'm not in the position to make a request.” He insisted. Dahyun didn't respond, other than giving him a quick glance out of the corner of her eye. “I want you to change your clothes first and I will send you home.”

Suddenly, the wet clothes she was wearing seemed like a much bigger problem than she'd ever thought. Lowering her head, she stared at an empty ground. Ten sighed, nervously glancing at Dahyun again, he slowly reached out to caress her hair. Before his hand could so much as touch it, he began to speak in a voice just as worried as the rest of him looked.

“It's fine if you can't forgive me. It's fine if you continued to really hate me.” He said, and then gently grabbed her hands. Dahyun fought Ten's hold in vain, finally settling as Ten bent low and murmured soothingly to her.

“But, you really have to get your wet clothes off, or you will catch cold or even pneumonia.” When further attempts to speak to her were met with silence. Ten tried so hard to think of something, anything else, but it was useless.

“I love you, Dahyun,” was all that Ten said, his voice softened to a huskier pitch. The last statement was followed by a pointed stare at Dahyun, who froze. For a moment, the only sound was the hard beating of their hearts as the rain pounded on, a sound which they ignored.

‘What should I say? Were his words sincere? Was he really being honest? Does he really love me?’ She silently wondered, scarcely daring to believe what she had heard. ‘Yes, he does!’ she insisted. ‘No, he doesn’t. He’s using you, he’s Yoohyun unnie’s boyfriend!.’  Her mind said, cruelty laced in its tone. That statement alone planted the feeling of doubt. A feeling she wanted to erase but couldn’t ignore, not wanting to hear anymore, but too hypnotized not to listen.

Dahyun hissed at him, her eyes flashing with wrath. The look she'd given was nothing compared to the raw fury on her face before. And he was stunned.

“Don’t say how much you’re sorry for me! I don’t want you to love me out of pity!” she cried, wrenching her hand out of his grasp.

“I would never love someone out of pity.” Ten said, his voice suddenly hoarse. “I love you because I simply do…”  

======================================================================================

Dahyun growled lightly as she woke, blinking her eyes heavily. Was pleasantly surprised when she awoke to the smell of food, she got too hungry. She tended to oversleep herself. Just like before she had woken up from a dream, obviously completely influenced by what had been happening to her. It felt so real but it was too much for her to comprehend. Dahyun yawned and arched her back, stretching out her arms, flexing the drowsy sleep from her body. She rolled over, and slowly rose from the bed, quitely making her way over to the door, opening it. And she stopped, she lingered before the door, not wanting to go out of bedroom.

What she saw made wander up into a very small 'o'. When she was able to get a glimpse, a little anxious started the destruction, she didn’t even need to finish the thought, she already knew ‘He is here’. And two things happened. First, her heart swelled within her, between sheer happiness and anxious, and her eyes shown with the emotion of love. And second, her heart gave a very harsh twist, a week had been far too long, days of agony. She shook her head, feeling a strange tingling sensation creeping up her spine.

As she twisted her way, Dahyun felt her heartbeat quicken. She didn’t want Ten to see her drowsy face first thing in this noon, especially not today when she was in a sudden good of a mood to let it go to waste. Remembering that this was her day, she scolded himself.

So, she stepped into bathroom and slipped out of her clothes as it pooled around her feet. She stepped into the shower. Despite the soothing carress of the water, her mixed feelings were not washed away. She couldn’t swallow the anxious weighing on her. Also, the feeling that something terrible happened began to well inside, and she couldnt shake it off like an itch in the back of her mind that she couldn’t scratch.

She stepped out of the shower when she was done and dried herself off, wrapped the towel around her body and peered into the foggy mirror. After clearing the fog, her reflection stared back at her. She could point out the little flaws that weren’t even there. Ten would always tell her that she was a beautiful girl. Her lips twitched into a slight smile. He made her feel wanted.

It took forever to get prepared and on a couple of occasions, people may thought Dahyun slipped and banged her head because she was inside for almost an hour. How long does she need to get ready?

The smell of Kimchijeon and brewing tea filled Dahyun’s nose as she walked into the kitchen.

“Yoo? Is that you?” a voice came from the kitchen when he heard the sound of footsteps approaching. Ten, he was busy cutting the kimchi pancake into pieces, he glanced over his shoulder and caught sight of Dahyun.

Her face and hair had been styled to perfection were driving him to distraction, even before she said a word. Her hair shone like the brightest star with stunning side braid hairstyle, Dahyun wore a white long sleeve turtleneck, and a black tartan check pleated mini-dress that clung to her hips, which swayed as she walked. She looked like a model in a Japanese fashion magazine. The whole gorgeous package was finished off with pinky flip-flop sandal. Ten was frozen to the floor when he saw her, and stood there with baited breath. Her beauty captivated him.

On the other hand, Ten wore only plain black t-shirt, black jeans and a pair of spectacles perched upon the bridge of his nose. His eyes burning bright, possessive and hard as he gazed at her, his face was obviously flushed.  It had to be him would admit to his desire, before the sun rose, she would be in his arms. Ten swore it would be so. But then, he mentally laughed at his foolishness. What does he expect? He was about losing control of his sanity again.

All of sudden, the desires drained out of him when he realized that Dahyun’s eyes were roving over his unknowingly. Right now, Ten was confused, and making excuses in his head to explain the sudden passion within him. He was panicky, bewildered and his heart was thundering in his chest. He went into the sink to caught his breath, absolutely stunned. Adding parsimonious amounts of soap to a weary sponge. He rung his hands in an attempt to rid the raging lust off, his eyes focused on the shape of the bubbles, and how they formed islands which roamed together until the water stirs and they break apart, to continue their sailing alone.

Dahyun hesitated and bit her bottom lip as a question fought to be loose, "Hei, are you alright?" she asked curiously and a little concerned. After a moment of trying to calm the raging storm that was in his head, Ten’s eyes swung back to her, who was silently regarding him with a thoughtful expression in her eyes. 

It was a little startling, "Me?" Ten gasped out, pushed the thick words out of , trying to construct a perfect explanation but instead it came out as a sloppy sandcastle. "Not really."  He said awkwardly, blushing brighter at his stupid words. He leered at her, his specs slipping down his nose and sweat glistening on his brow. Had he really just thanked Dahyun for giving him the mind-blowing appearance? His teeth bit down into his bottom lip as he went to the table and filled in the glass with ice, cooked bobas, soymilk, Thai tea mix, and syrup.

Not knowing what to do Dahyun sat still, leaving the room silent. She frowned at him, tensing as her body instinctively wanted to back off. There was something about him that made her uneasy, even though he was relatively bland and vaguely friendly. She was wondering if he even feels anything, ‘He doesn’t care to even greet me, wish me a happy birthday or something?’ Dahyun tried to look into his eyes, ‘And there, there will be nothing, nothing but perhaps there’s hatred? But he covers it, afraid that I will say something, afraid that I will do something.’ Dahyun thought. And so, she learned exactly how much he despises the fact she was there, and she also learned that she could be hurt by his silent treatment.

Ten avoided looking in Dahyun’s direction, concentrating on making Thai iced tea as if it was the only thing in the world he had to worry about. In truth, it was the only way he kept from the desire that was rushing through his blood and hit his groin like a fist. He could hear Dahyun tapping her finger on the table, impatiently. He smiled to himself, deliberately slowing down his movements.

Knowing that Ten was avoiding her, something pulled at her heart. Not something small. It hurts as if someone has taken a firm grasp on her heartstrings and gave a sharp tug on them. Some shred of pride that she still carried refused to allow her to shed tears in front of Ten, not at that moment. Dahyun knows how to react to that, so she does her best to cover it quickly, does her best to hide anything from him. Damn, she had forgotten all about Yoohyun and Jihyo, but they were now nowhere to be seen.

Ten seemed to calm after a few brief moments. As his beast calmed, Ten looked to her as he lifted up her homemade Thai iced tea with boba, offering Dahyun. They locked gazes, and his smile was mechanical, a coldly one, certainly more intimidating than most. Slight chills began to climb Dahyun’s spine as she began full uncomfortable. Dahyun shook her head.

Speak Dahyun, speak.’ For some reason, the words she rehearsed stuck in . Dahyun felt his eyes on her, staring into her face but instead of meeting the gaze, Dahyun grabbed the glass and sipping her iced tea.

“Thanks,” Dahyun murmured, still gawking around at what was happening, and continued sipping her tea. Ten nodded slightly as he sat down, leaning against the chair, his eyes become colder.

Dahyun placed the cup on table but her hand never left its coldness. She glanced across the table to find Ten staring intently at her. For a second she was caught in his eyes. She couldn’t help but notice that his eyes were intense, penetrating. She could see she was being sized up in his mind. Ten propped his head on his hand.

“All this time..., I'm sorry, I couldn't come, or even text and call you.” He said, breaking the silence. “It's been a while since we've talked this way, hasn't it?”

Dahyun met his gaze and with firmness in her voice, she said, “Yeah, I’m half convinced that this is not some strange dream.” Her cheek flushed a fiery red after the words left and she winced.

A look of wry amusement passed quickly across Ten’s face, Dahyun brushed a wisp of her hair back from her face. Ten smiled knowingly,

“If there is anything I can explain or clear up then all you have to do is ask.”

“Where are Unnie and Jihyo?” Frowning.

“They went to grocery store, right before you came here.”

"Unnie said you were busy. So, what are you doing here?" She demanded, searching his face with a disconcerting intentness.

"Yoohyun convinced me, she said it would do me good to be here..."

Dahyun was incredibly frustrated at this stage and gave a little shriek. "So, you're just here for her? To make an iced tea and kimchijeon?" She practically howled.

"I’m here for you." Ten mumbled.

Dahyun stared at him incredulously and then snorted. "Me?" With a skeptical look.  

The room went ominously silent, Ten saw Dahyun went red in the face and she looked miserable as if she wanted to die.

Ten was staring at her, one eyebrow arched. “Yes. For you, my Kim Dahyun.”

Dahyun hoped she wasn’t blushing.

“Then, why you didn’t call or send me a message?” It was totally understandable.

“I deleted your number,” came the cool reply, devoid of emotion. It was callous in its clear dismissal, the casualness of his words. For Dahyun, it signified that their relationship had meant nothing for him, she disappointed.

“Why do I meet ungrateful jerk like you...,”

She wanted to spit the words out with as much malice that Ten had injected into his cold words, but they came out faltering like clumsy children stumbling over themselves.

Ten kept his face blank, which was proving surprisingly difficult, as Dahyun gazed at him with obvious distress. He noted that her eyes kept flitting, looking for a route to flee. And he noticed the slight tremble of fingers that were clamped together, unsure of what to do, what to feel.

“01064048298. I remember your number.” A soft mumble, almost imperceptible. “I thought you needed some space, and time to miss me. But I didn’t expect you have no clue beforehand? You missed the signs.” He said with a teasing smile.

Dahyun glared at him, “I really hated you, you were always finding a reason to make me miserable.” She said annoyed. He gave a small shrug, and flashed her a pleased smile. Right now, Dahyun only wanted to shake the main question out of her, wanted so badly to hear his explanation why.

“You said, your feelings belonged to me. But, you were still dating unnie.” she asked seriously. Ten was utterly stunned as his mouth was ravaged and he just sat there for a few seconds, unable to even comprehend.

“You would accept me no matter who I am, right?” He murmured soothingly, feeling how distressed his mind was suddenly.

“Hmmm...,” She answered. It hurt her heart to think of him loving a girl other than herself, and Dahyun tried hard to hide it in case he was noticing her expression.

“You wouldn’t get angry regardless of what I tell you, right?” Ten was very aware that she was hiding something. He could also sense a sort of sadness and distress and was wondering what she was thinking of. Dahyun looked at him rather warily and said,

“I’ve heard the worst, there’s nothing that you can tell me that would shock me,”

“Okay, this kinda complicated.” He paused not knowing if he should continue, but by the intent gaze she gave him, he continued.

“I’ve dated before, and I always gave one hundred percent of unbreakable loyalty, but they always dumped me, said I was very childish, and too immature for a relationship.” It was slightly rehearsed, and Ten refused to make eye contact with her as he talked, and seemed to find the bare wooden table much more interesting than Dahyun who was once blinking at him. Ten looked up, a frown on his morbidly face, he let out a low sigh and took a breath before continuing.

“...And now that I think of it, that was because I didn’t know what love was, until I met you. So, this is basically a new ground that I’m treading on and sometimes I’m scared of slipping. I feel like my feelings for you is going to consume me, I’m scared at the thought of losing you. Besides, I felt like I was the biggest douche I have ever known. The only reason I’m still dating her, because I was afraid, deathly afraid; I’m scared of what will happen between you and me.” He felt the unfamiliar kick in his heart as he sighed and gazed at her.

“If I hadn't loved you, I'd prolly be so much better off. I knew I was doing the wrong thing, and the guilt has slowly been eating me. But I don’t want to let you, Dahyunnie. I was pushing the feeling of guilt away. Seeing you again is all I ever cared for.” The syllables rolled off his tongue.

Dahyun watched Ten's mouth move, although she didn't seem to be hearing him right. She blinked again at his downcast face. And in a weak voice, questioned him.

“Did you know that by dirtying yourself in front of me, you made me dirty as well? I’m as guilty as you’ll ever be, Ten oppa.”

Ten looked up, placing his hands on the table, he leaned in and softly said,

“To be honest, I found my beef with you juvenile.” He began. “I had became aware of the futileness of our actions. I even saw us as childish in a way, like a small child throwing tantrums. I was trying to figure out, how could it all depended on our mood. And, as my mood switched back and forth, so you did. I hoped I could get back there, when we were at the rooftop, to that moment, for some damage control, if nothing else.” Ten continued to watch her as he rose from the chair and walked towards her. The emotions in his eyes made her quiet tremble, but she squared her shoulders and swallowed her feelings.

Ten held out his hand to Dahyun and said, “Even tough my voice could no longer reach you, I still wanted to apologize. And, I will continue apologizing. I’m sorry...,” He trailed off, taunting her weakness.

Dahyun took one look at his face and she had to fight down a wave of her own feelings as she'd seen the one thing she hadn't; the tears of hurt in Ten's eyes. He was nearly blinded by the tears in his eyes.

“You must be tired of hearing my sorry...,"

The regret hits Dahyun like a living entity. Anxious was most predominate, although pain was also very pungent. She truly wanted to hug him.

"Dammit, oppa," she hissed as she stood up, reached out and removed his specs, placed it on the table. "Why do you have to be such a dickhead?" She feigned a wounded look, sympathy etched on her face. A tinge of hurt reflected in Ten’s eyes. Ten sighed, and rubbed his eyes.

"I hope the ground swallows me. But, that’s me,” He said as he wished that the ground would just step up to the plate for once and swallow him whole.

“I’m really sorry that you feel I was using you, I’m sorry that you feel that way. I’m trying my best to take care of you. If you feel that I’m taking advantage of you, I_”

Dahyun captured Ten’s lips into her own, sealing the rest of the sentence inside. Her hands encircled his neck, pulling him down to her level. Ten initially remained still in shock, but after a moment his mouth softened against hers and returned the kiss. Though, she knew that Ten can still taste the bitter words on his tongue. Then she was willing to let go of him.

“So, you forgive me?”

Dahyun nodded with a shy smile. She whirled her finger on his chest, then crushing his ribs in a hug.

“Thank you,” He hugged her tightly. After hug, a pair of hands cupped his face.

“I thought you were crying,” Dahyun said, scrutinized his eyes closely.

“Why the hell would I?” He asked as he pulled his face away.

“Because I always cry.”

“You are. I will call you Drama Queen for always being crying. But this, as you can already tell, is not one of those crying moments. Where are your tears?”

“I’m not Drama Queen!” She waved her hands in the air.

He laughed, “You are my queen.” He said as he hugged her and kissed her, was already missing the taste and the feel of Dahyun’s warm mouth. Tea. Honey. All the things he never thought would blend into the smoothest and sweetest after taste he couldn’t get enough of.

All rhyme and reason abandoned her, and she found herself giving in to the incredible sensation, her eyes closing as she leaned into his arms that held her. His warm lips nibbling, nipping hers. There was a chuckle of encouragement, low and melodious to her ears. She was looking up, gazing into him.

“To be honest, I thought I wasn't able to forgive you, but not being able to forgive you, it was really painful. And I know, you're also suffering just as much as me. It's enough, it's enough already.” She whispered brokenly as she pressed her lips to his cheek. Ten slid his arms around her waist.

“We have a tendency to hurt those who are trying to care for us. I know, we didn’t mean it.” Came his soothing murmur as he sat on the chair. Ten pulled Dahyun and she sat in his lap, spreading her legs to wrap around his slim hips naturally. Once she was seated, she gently kissed him.  

Well, her tea long forgotten on the table.

======================================================================================

 

======================================================================================

***Hi, I’m going to post 3 chapters today cuz I’ll be back to my boardinghouse and my college life tomorrow, there are horrendous tasks have been waiting for me. Anyways, WARNINGS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. Because, I dunno. Maybe kinda So, read at your own risk, though I didn't go into much detail. Please do be prepared. As always, comments are welcome.

-Love, Airin-

Sunshine TenHyun