Le Alaska Bakery

WHITE CHRISTMAS

The sound of the music blaring became background noise. Dahyun passed some shops, boutiques, restaurants, and cafes around Sinsa-dong Garosu-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul. She approached small bakery and coffee shop where the old-style bicycle in front of cafe and the lit up sign 'Le Alaska Bakery' welcoming her. Dahyun tilted her head and saw the sign. Dahyun had never felt so nervous in her life, her hands were still a bit shaky, her heart was in . She felt nauseous, but at the same time, she felt excited. Dahyun tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, took a deep breath, and hummed, ‘Here I am!’

"Are you going to enter or just stand there?" a voice jolted to attention from behind, loudly enough that it caused Dahyun to jump and startled. Dahyun turned and saw a stranger’s poker face.

"I-I'm sorry!" Dahyun bowed, giving a shy smile.

The cafe’s front door swung open, the stranger made her way to the shop. Dahyun let out a content sigh.

“Welcome to Le Alaska Bakery~” The door man exclaimed, offering a smile. Dahyun shot a weak smile as he wide opened the door for her, and she walked past him.

Even tough the coffee shop looked small from outside, but actually they have pretty wide space inside. The nice smell greeted her as she stepped onto the hallway, intertwining scents resembling bread, fruit, chocolate, and coffee filled her nostrils. A breeze of air conditioner surprised her, triggering goosebumps.

‘Seriously? Air conditioner in March?’

There were already some customers consisted of a mixtures of people did spend hours inside the shop. They were chatting, eating, or just killing time with their gadgets.

Dahyun scanned around quickly, and noticed Ten was already there, toying with the menu. As she came nearer, Ten looked up, Dahyun was struck by his piercing gaze. There was a glint in his eye that caused something to stir within her. Dahyun could feel his gaze all over her.

“Hei! I’m glad you came, I was worried you wouldn’t!” Ten said with sincerity in his voice. His eyes were bright when they locked gazes.

“Why wouldn’t I come?” Dahyun said with a shake of her head.

A sheepish grin spread across his face as he stood up and in one fluid motion he took off a chair. Ten offered her the chair and she sat down. He leaned back in his chair, after got Dahyun to sit beside him.

“Well, I was a little creeped out.” He trailed off, cringed. “Anyways, we should leave this meeting as it is, you know, secret. Don’t tell anyone. About us. I mean. About this meeting. Not that I don't want to.” He said, his voice quieter than earlier. Dahyun gaped, didn’t know how to respond to that. If any other guy had said that, she would have smacked them or kicked his out. But, he was Ten, and she knew what he had meant. Dahyun felt worried too, her mind was so racing. When she looked up, she was taken by surprise to find him staring right at her. It was hard for Dahyun to drag her gaze away from his irresistable eyes but at the same time she felt defeated. For a moment she was too nervous to say anything. But, before an uncomfortable silence settled between them, she nodded. He smiled.

“Thanks, you’re willing to accompany me. For now, let’s enjoy our lunch before hanging out, Ok?” Ten said with a soft laugh. He seemed happy today, it was like he has taken a few too many happy pills, but Dahyun was so happy just like he was. When he invited her out for lunch she was so happy, she had been waiting this moment for months, after a bunch of texts, phone calls, and chat on messenger, finally the waiting comes to an end. It took three months for them, so Dahyun had never felt happier. Her cheeks flushed.

Ten spoke about Le Alaska was the best bakery around Apgujeong area, and how much he loved their pastries. And he also wanted Dahyun to come to AMELIE cafe and taste their cheese cakes. Dahyun was listening very intently to his words, and she felt a rush of anxiety when he stopped. She felt so happy to listen every single his word, or listen his voice. She felt so happy to see him happy, or to see his heavenly smile. No one knows how much she loved him, how much she cherished his smile. When he smiled, everything felt so radiating. Never before had she met someone who could inflame her emotions by just looking at his smile. Dahyun tried to deny all of her affections she had towards him, but only to make it worse.

Dahyun tried to ignore the butterflies in her stomach, and remain disinterestedly calm. Ten watched her with intent, slightly narrowed eyes for a moment. He always gave her that look as if she was the only person in the world. Dahyun was blushing and didn't know where to look. Luckily she was rescued from saying anything by the appearance of the waitress. And thankfully Ten didn’t expect her to make any selection either, he quickly rattled off the name of foods, and the waitress quietly slipped back into the pantry.

Dahyun was going to go have a conversation with Ten as soon as the waitress left them, just a casual conversation would suggest. She didn’t wish to get into a lengthy conversation, not today anyway.

"Yoohyun unnie said, 'just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean I can't look at the menu' and to be honest I always liked to check out menu," she spoke in a joking matter.

Ten was obviously embarrassed, his face suddenly flushed red. “Ahhhh, I’m sorry...,” He groaned, sank lower down in his seat as he ran his hands through his hair. Such a heavenly sight capturing her heart. It took incredible strength to hide the catch in her breath that the sight of him caused. She knew that this meeting would be the ultimate test of her little charade, if she showed any affection towards him, and let him knew that she was becoming just a bit too enamored by him.

“I will call the waiter, ok!” Ten suggested.

"I’m just kidding, oppa! You fool!” Which she was. Dahyun started giggling. Ten tried his best to play dumbfounded, he jumped from his seat and messed her hair. Dahyun yelled at him, although his touch gave her a rush of adrenaline and felt like her heart was fleeting. While he sat back on his heels, they both laughed. The sound of them laughing was a noise Dahyun thought would never fill this cafe.

Ten is so easy to laugh just like her. They both stared at each other. Their senses were alive and reeling. Dahyun sighed, the sheer closeness of being near him was amazing.

Their orders were taken and lunch served by the waiter. Dahyun stared hard at the table, looking over all the delicious food there; vanilla cake with fresh strawberries and chocolate mouse, walnut cranberry bread, chocolate pudding, eggnog, Americano coffee, and shaved ice dessert. Perhaps wondering what it tasted like? Dahyun turned to look at Ten, his eyes rose up to meet hers, Ten smiled slightly and then looked back at foods. Dahyun tried to figure out his eating habbit, from the amount of his in-take and his choice of food as well, but she had just thought that he was hungry.

Ten deftly spooned up a cake and held it out to Dahyun. “Here, you will like it~” She doubted at first, but then she accepted and smiled in pure bliss, a delicious chocolate mouse melted on her tongue. Dahyun’s eyes opened wide in surprised.

“Oh my God!” She squealed. “It’s so delicious!!”

Ten showed ‘I told you so’ face, while he gave her a proud smile. “I love chocolate.” He said. Dahyun’s mouth dropped and then she was showing amusement.

“ME TOO!”

“Really? Why didn’t that surprised me?” Ten flashed a crocked grin at her, he looked to her face to see her reaction. Dahyun knew, Ten wanted to revenge her ‘menu’ prank, so to his disappointment Dahyun looked calmed.

“Everyone loves chocolate tho!” She managed to blurt out, a little louder than necessary, she was keeping her face calm and smiling. But, her voice betrayed the calm look on her face, Ten knew he had just knocked her off. He chuckled.

 “I want to get to know you better.” Ten said calmly, he gave her a warm and wonderful smile as soft gentleness shown in his eyes every time that smile light up his face. Dahyun's heart pounded hard againts her chest. was slightly agape. She composed herself quickly and asked,

“What do you want to know tho?” Her smile graced her lips.

"Not much, just what’s your hobbies? your favorite movies? Your favorite food?"

“You don’t ask for much, do you?” She shot back coyly. Mischievous grin lit up his eyes flustered her but at the same time she was pleased.

“No, just the little things,” Ten responded as he grinned. Dahyun turned red, ‘Ahhh, I love him!’ and then quickly having a brainstorm, she said,

“Why don’t you find out though?” Dahyun replied with a teasing smile. Ten’s arms folded, rubbing one finger on his chin, he circled her with brows furrowed, trying to look like he was thinking hard. Dahyun blinked, a little stunned.

“I think, I will,” he said.

 Le Alaska Bakery ^^

======================================================================================

 

======================================================================================

***I'm going to post 3 chapters, today >_< 

Anyways, all those NCT system kinda stresses me out, but I try my best to stay positive mind and firm in believer, but one thing that always seems to make me anxious and it keeps nagging me #sigh let's hope for the best

-Airin-

Aren't they cute? ^^