May 28th

WHITE CHRISTMAS

Dahyun headed down the hall, she thought the moment was not going to get any worse until she realized she didn’t know apartment’s exit, she will find it though, but also there wasn't enough money to pay taxi. She could only stand there, and in a daze, she leaned to the wall then sank down to the ground.

She just had a fight with a guy she loved in an act of stupidity, because, maybe, he had led her on or vice versa. And now this, she wasn’t prepared for what she was about to do next, because everything had never crossed her mind before. Many things could be discerned as she stepped out of the rooftop. Her tears was still fresh and she hated it.

Being back and forth between dominant and submissive was taking its toll on her nerves tonight. A few moment had gone by, she was still in shock, a lot could happen in an hour. How the situation would quickly escalate into an uncontrollable mess. She was so agitated, she was enraged. She had to breathe deep to gain control. It took her quite some time to get herself calmed down enough, so that she could understand more than a few from Ten’s words, about them and Yoohyun. As she tried to make sense of his garbled words, their meaning became clear. But Dahyun told herself that she could handle this, the breakup, and she only hoped she wasn't inadvertently lying.

Dahyun howled her frustration in the middle of the night, but then she heard the eerie sound of Ten’s shoes stomping through the hall brought her back to the present. Dahyun silently cursed, an exclamation of nervous and frustration as Ten closed the distance between them, his hand was busy fiddling with the end of his sleeveless, seemed nervous and out of place. And Dahyun felt the slightest hint of fear as his snarl edged closer to her, his arms on either side of her, preventing her escape. Dahyun hid her face behind her hands. So that way, she won’t the word ‘’ written all over her face. She knew, as soon as she cared to look, that she would see Ten, and see the mess she had made to him.

Ten drew closer, his mind in turmoil. Part of him wanted them to stay together, more than anything else. The other part of him, his benevolent side that was instilled in him, believed it was wrong to impose himself like that on her. Ten didn’t want his action upsetting her even more. His eyes was drawn the sight of her; she’s so lovely, so fragile, and her glorious hair so tempting to the touch.

Ten knew what he wanted to say, but had no idea why such a simple words seemed to be stuck on the back of his throat. After clearing, he finally managed to push the unwilling words out.

“I’m sorry,” was all he can say.

======================================================================================

That dream.

For the last week, it has plagued her sleep. For Dahyun that dreams were important, how could she not when she has a story with him, with Ten. Despite this, she was determined to have a good time. In the last week of school, Dahyun tried to be cheerful. She tried to laugh and be the happy-go-lucky spirit everyone expected her to be. Really though, her heart was breaking. And still, she was not over him; and doubted she ever would be. But life goes on.

Life must goes on.

Dahyun opened her eyes, although she found it quite hard to do. Her whole body trembled as she woke. ‘It still is morning.’ She couldn't decipher what the digital clock was saying at this angle. Her sight was still off, blinding for a moment. Her head being ached, throbbing in pain. Even the smallest act such as trying to move her eyeballs, caused a great pain to shoot up her head. She thought she would not be up in a day, so she decided it best to lay still for the moment.

Staring up, she suddenly found the ceiling beautiful. Trying to find out the small cracks and the slight gradation of lights that illuminates it. Thoughts spiraled like a tornado, dizzying and confusing her, sometimes slapping, the one that never left a bruise. She was bombarded with memories too vivid to forget.

She spent her days and nights dreaming of Ten. This one was an oddity, even for her. But, her dreams were so real. She could feel the emotion as though she was really experiencing it at that moment, the details were vague but her thoughts on her beloved and all the pleasure he brought were dwelled on in great detail particularly. Even now she could still recall the kisses he pressed to her lips. Remember the feel of his slight hand in her body.

I miss you so much.’

Ahh Ten. If there was any regrets of her life it was that she would not see his sunshine smile and the happiness sparkling in his eyes again. However, the prospect of not seeing him was enough to make her downcast.

Dahyun was startled out of her thoughts as she heard a mumbling behind the door. She wanted to get up, but there was still no strength enough in her body, and that was what left in her body was slowly running dry. A sense of doom floated over her. She shut her eyes and listened to the footsteps stomp into the bedroom. And another footsteps had followed.

The intruders crossed the room to the bed, and someone shifted to the edge of the bed and quickly roused Dahyun, she found she could do nothing as that person grasped her shoulders and shaking her roughly.

“SURPRISEEEEEEE!”

“Holyt~” Dahyun shrieked as her eyes went wide, hand on her pounding heart. She glared at the one responsible for her near heart attack. It was Yoohyun, a big smile making its appearance on her face, and there was Jihyo with the same bored look on her face as always. Dahyun blinked at them, yet held no emotion in her shock eyes. Yoohyun grinned, congratulating herself on her successful mission.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DUMB-HYUN!!!” Yoohyun practically shouted with a cheerful smile, her eyes twinkled merrily as she laughed. Dahyun was wondering if the entire thing were still part of her dream.

“Aren’t you going to wake up? Your cute little friend is here?” Yoohyun yelled, ignoring the shocked agony she could see on Dahyun’s face. Dahyun could have sworn that Jihyo tensed at the words Yoohyun was used to describe her.

“I’m not a cute little friend! I’m a gorgeous friend!” Jihyo protested.

“Oh okaii~” Yoohyun didn’t care. “WAKE UPPP, YOU PIG!” Yoohyun whined. Dahyun circled around Yoohyun’s waist, not sure if she should be annoyed or amused at the high pitched whine she made.

“I don’t know whether to hug or strangle you, unnie.” Dahyun said as she rolled over and tried to sit up. She was weak, but awake.

Yoohyun chuckled “I’d go with the hug,” she said as pulled Dahyun into a tight hug and kissed Dahyun’s cheek hard. Dahyun squirmed against her.

Dahyun gasped, “Uh… Unnie… Oxygen…” Yoohyun laughed as she let Dahyun go. Then Jihyo pulled Dahyun into a hug, albeit a more gentle one.

“Where are Sana and Chaeyoung?”

“es are having ‘date with bae’ schedule.” Jihyo answered, not even bothering to mask the irritation. Yoohyun clapped her hands to gain attention.

“Well, our plans for today are off, no need to do some household chores. I know, I’m so nice~” Yoohyun said, flipping her hair.

“So, what are we going to do now?” Dahyun asked as she leaned her body back into Jihyo, her head resting on Jihyo’s shoulder. Jihyo slipped her arms around Dahyun, she was a calm comforting friend who comprehended without needing words to tell her so. Yoohyun raised her eyebrow, and stood up,

“Where to begin? Oh yes, that's right. Originally, I have the real surprise party planned. Ten and I are the only ones on that surprise mission. You see, Ten and I have a secret that no one knows.”

Dahyun frowned at Yoohyun with an open mouth. “What are you talking about, unnie? Speak in human language.” Dahyun watched the excitement on Yoohyun’s face to dismay over hearing of her word. Yoohyun looked uneasy, glancing and shrugging her shoulders as if there were an oppressive weight on them.

“I mean, we planned to have a good dinner downtown. But for some weird reason, we ended up to celebrate at our home, eating sweets, blasting cola, watching TV, well yeah, have a small party tonight.” She explained as she scampered in the room like an over-eager puppy, and then sighed in disappointment.

Jihyo gave a little shriek, "You look so ridiculous, Yoohyun unnie!"

Yoohyun’s eyes went flat and unfriendly. She always had an expressive face, that she would never make a good poker face, her emotions and feelings jumped to her face and showed in her eyes.

“Yeah, say whatever you want, I don't care." Yoohyun growled out, not really caring what the hell Jihyo was saying. Yoohyun stepped up closer so that she was towering over them. Jihyo giggled at Yoohyun’s words, though it was funny.

“Excuse me, did I crack a joke?” Yoohyun snapped, a bit irritated.

“No.” Jihyo answered with a grin. Dahyun couldn't help the sigh that escaped her lips, and she said,

“Well you could plan all you wanted but when night falls, remote is mine!” Dahyun huffed, quickly took control over the situation.

“You really want to watch TV on your birthday?” Jihyo asked, a bit surprised.

“It was all her doing.” Yoohyun answered, shrugged.

“I had no idea. But it was where I spent a good majority of my time, even though it  bored the hell out of me.” Dahyun explained, quietly.

“You guys are no fun. Lets create a simple game for tonight?”

Yoohyun circled Jihyo with brows furrowed.

“I don’t think I will be able to handle it. I’m too old you see.” Yoohyun responded.

Jihyo jaw dropped. “Heck, you’re just twenty!” She squeaked out in disbelief.

“Nineteen and ten months~” Yoohyun drawled out with an amused chuckle, she continued to mumble something that sounded like; ‘Ten was blabla something...,’

With the speed of a thought, Dahyun asked, “Ten oppa is here?” She was strangely calm. Yoohyun nodded.

“Yup yup. He’s in the kitchen~”

Dahyun could hear the screaming in her head. Anxious and excitement tensed Dahyun’s stomach. For one brief moment, Dahyun turned to Jihyo with that joy filling her eyes, all the indirected feelings from the past days written plainly on her face. Yoohyun leaned down, giving Dahyun’s shoulder a gentle squeeze.

“I lied. I convinced him to come here this morning, but Tenten was so busy, something stressed him out. He even started smoking cigarettes, I thought that would be the holiest act he can do to salvage his sanity.” Yoohyun looked so sad. Dahyun sighed almost sadly, she tried desperately not to react, she nodded and murmured that she understood quite well.

A beat of silence, then, “But, he said ‘happy birthday’ to you.” Yoohyun said with friendly smile. Dahyun fought to ward of the disappointment she felt, she bit her lip against the stream of words that desperately wanted out. And she looked up, smiled at Yoohyun, "Thank you then.” A bit embarrassed by her enthusiasm.

“Okay, just tell him later.” Yoohyun said. “Anyways, go take a shower, kiddo. We need to decorate our home and prepare everything! We approximately have eight to nine hours to execute the plan.” She said as bent down to kiss Dahyun on the cheek. Dahyun’s mind had gone completely blank, she seemed uncomfortable with the situation, which Jihyo found strange.

“You said, our plans for today are off.” Jihyo whined to ease the situations.

Yoohyun laughed heartily, “Did I say that? Because all I need you to do is put balls of dough on pans while I take the baked cookies out of the oven.” She said. Jihyo was furious that she gave an order without consulting her first.

“That’s sound good, but I’m sorry Yoohyun unnie. I need to get home, feed my cats, and then sit at my wooden dining table to a meal of fried steak with potatoes and vegies, while waiting for my Johnny to call me.” Jihyo said and smiled sweetly.

"If anyone is out here you die first, Jihyo-ya; I will rip you apart before your Johnny can rescue you." Yoohyun said maliciously and stepped out of the bedroom as motioned for her to follow. Jihyo just rolled his eyes at her sarcastic threat.

“What did she expect?” Jihyo sighed. “Yoohyun unnie was really old, not her age, her soul is old nevertheless.  However, you don't get that old-soul unless you are very lucky. Why was she acting as nineteen and ten months old girl? Another mystery to solve...,” Jihyo whispered to Dahyun’s ear as Yoohyun left the room.

Dahyun’s thoughts were traveling a lazy path through her mind, trying to understand what they were arguing. She blinked a few times, and glanced.

“Please help her. It used to be a surprise. So, I’m gonna back to sleep and  pretend all this ugly conversation didn’t exist.” Dahyun grabbed a pillow, and buried her face, quietly groaned. For a moment Jihyo simply leaned against the back of the headboard and stared at Dahyun with intense look that Dahyun had learned to recognise as the moment before her restraint snapped.

“The hell is wrong with you?” Jihyo hissed.

“Me?” Dahyun asked in her innocence as she shifted from her position.

“I’m just too tired to even breath, Jihyo...,”

"Where were you last night, Dahyun?” Jihyo darted her gaze. Dahyun managed to somehow avoid looking up at Jihyo, actually making it seem like she was staring down Jihyo’s nose. Dahyun's mind went blank again, she stammered as she tried to force to form actual words. Obviously, Jihyo was not one who was used to waiting for anything.

"I asked you, where were you last night, Dahyun?" Jihyo frowned as Dahyun rubbed her face with her pillow.

“Please, I feel like my head is being crushed by a jackhammer. I could barely open my eyes, give me a rest, you thoughtless…,” Dahyun answered irritably.

“I will personally make sure that you get a perpetual migraine,” Jihyo said, impatient evident in her voice. "So, where were you last night, Dahyun?"

Irritated. Dahyun immediately turned and shuffled back to her bed, curling up in the blanket, looking just as miserable as she should have given the situation. Jihyo approached,

“I'm going to kiss you as hard as I possibly can!” Jihyo warned.

Dahyun struggled once again under Jihyo’s gaze, only able to come up with one words. “Sleep.” She responded miserably. Jihyo studied Dahyun for a moment before rolling her eyes.

“Yoohyun unnie said you just returned home past midnight, that we need to postpone our so-called-surprise party, so you can get a longer sleep!”

“Well, I had decided to take a walk.” Dahyun replied quietly, doing her best to hide her shock.

"You haven't been drinking, have you? Or taking drugs?" Jihyo snarled through gritted teeth. Dahyun frowned at her question, obviously thinking that she was a dumb, and maybe drunk to boot, but then her eyes went to hers.

“Yeah,” Dahyun said half-heartedly. She could remember receiving a bunch of text messages around midnight from everyone at that time, mostly birthday messages and Yoohyun invaded her inbox and tried to call. However, Dahyun couldn’t even give a flying if it was from Jesus himself, telling her the best way to achieve Eden. Her heart and brain didn’t mix very well at that ungodly hour.

“Dahyun!” Jihyo shouted, extremely irritated.

“Well, considering whom you really want to kill, please kill me now, Jihyo...,” Dahyun begged plainly, bit the edge of her pillow.

Jihyo sneered. “What the are you saying? Your joke about murder aren’t funny at all. Also, what the are you doing? I know, you have proven your immature actions so many times before. I have wasted every goddamn second to understand your neuron-less head,__”

“I appreciate the compliment!” Dahyun cut her words off, copying Ten’s line.

Jihyo sighed heavily, “What did I expect from you anyway, you are always as cold and hard as ice, sometimes as warm and slippery as a Thai e~” Jihyo murmured, trying to calm herself down, she knew that arguing with Dahyun would just aggravate her headache.

“The happiest event in my life would probably be the time when all this unnecessary beef is over,” Dahyun retorted, as she pressed her hand into the side of her head. “And, don’t ever mention about Thai e or something related to, that absolutely disgusted me! Thailand always scream beauty!” Dahyun pressed her fingers on both sides of her head. She had trouble finding sleep lately. Even though when the clock strucked two o’clock in the morning, she couldn’t help but allowed Yoohyun to lull her to sleep, an unnie who was more happy to supply her with a head-splitting migraine upon waking up. And today Jihyo involved with her.

“Are we still friends?" Jihyo sullenly asked, over dramatic. Dahyun gave Jihyo a sideways look as if to say ‘you've got to be kidding'. But Dahyun could see her worried frown intensified as she waited for an answer. “Cause I don't want to lose you, Dahyun, you are my best friend." She said. They’ve been in the same school for years and considered each other best friends. They had each other’s back and Dahyun knew that Jihyo carried a certain amount of affinity to her. Dahyun would do anything for her as well.

Dahyun laughed at Jihyo’s words, but quickly stopped when she saw Jihyo’s sombre expression and replied, "Relax, dear, we’re cool." Dahyun nooded and smiled in her usual manner, looking slightly calmer but still annoyed.

“Thanks. So, what happened to you?” Jihyo gazed at Dahyun very seriously, she flinched as the tiniest bit of angry leaking through her composer.

Jihyo knew by the look in Dahyun’s eyes, the way Dahyun was carefully hiding any emotion as best as possible. But apparently, Dahyun was not strong enough to act, and Dahyun knew that lying would not work on Jihyo.

“Okay, fine,” Dahyun surrendered. “I was having a blast, mingling around and maybe I had done some pre-drinking of punch or two but I had no real idea why I bothered to continue to tell you though. It was just a normal Friday night, to celebrate my own birthday~”, she had expected Jihyo to yell, but to her surprise Jihyo smiled and asked,

"Since when you hung out with partiers? Wasn't that a little odd even for you?"

“I was alone! It was just soju. Past midnight, I called a cab. And, yeah, that was my last clear memory as the night became blur.”

"Wait. What? ALONE? The hell is wrong with you?" Jihyo hissed, surpressing her anger for a moment, trying to convey how mad she was in her voice instead.

‘What was wrong with her?’ Dahyun had never been do that before indeed. Irritated with herself, “I realized how stupid I was.”

“Tell me! When did you start drinking?" Jihyo asked.

“Yesterday night...,” Dahyun yawned, her hand drifting up to cover .

“Tell me, what exactly happened to you? Don’t be scared. It’s okay. I will help you.”

“Who says I’m scared?” Dahyun asked, her eyebrow shooting up in the air.

“Just thought that ma—?”

“Well, don’t assume because I’m not!” Dahyun snapped. “Could you just please leave me alone? I would appreciate it, really!” Dahyun pleaded, closing her eyes as she turned to face the wall.

“But, what was I supposed to do with Yoohyun unnie," Jihyo began irritably, "Sit there, bored to death and eventually kill myself? Not to mention, Yoohyun unnie probably will kill me and dispose my body to Hangang river! She hates me!"

“Your joke about dead aren’t funny at all, Jihyo~” Dahyun sneered, “Don’t be silly, unnie adores you! Please..., I’m so tired. Wake me up at twelve, okay~” Dahyun lacked the energy to say anything else towards Jihyo.

“Aishh, you are such…,” Jihyo blurted out in attempts to stop Dahyun from sleeping, “… fine, whatever.” Of course she knew that Dahyun wasn’t really asleep. Dahyun just wanted to prevent more exchange of words to happen between them. Jihyo began to believe that Dahyun has some sort of serious problem with the way she acted. Jihyo shook her head, half sitting up to look at Dahyun more closely.

“I know, I often see your puffy eyes, and wondering why were you crying? Which only means that you’re up to something. I wish, you would care to share what trouble you’re getting yourself into? Sometimes, you just have to let it out.” Jihyo whispered. Dahyun couldn't argue with that. It was a sad truth.

“Ummm, maybe I will tell you a little later.” Dahyun said hoarsely. Jihyo rolled her eyes, frustrated with her stubborn.

"Okay then, again, happy birthday." Looking slightly less sullen, but still scowling. Jihyo left the room with a tired sigh. The door was closed, the room completely silent for what seemed like an eternity. Dahyun reached in and pulled the blanket that seemed to cover her whole body inside. Her face was completely covered by the pillow, all thoughts and feelings fell off.

‘This was getting complicated’, trying to figure out all the subtle nuances.

‘Ten oppa..., today I woke up, and I thought of you. You were right, of all people you’re the one I’m going to miss the most. It was a thought that had been floating around in the vast abyss of my conscious for days, even week now. And this morning, there is no denying it. Not from myself anyway.

You know what, my main thought is how much I miss you. Yes, I miss you more than anything, just as you intended.

And you made me so needy, you raised my passions to new heights. You transformed me into a creature of need, with just a touch, I’m yours. Completely, irrevocably...

I need you so much!

I can feel your arms around me, I can feel our bodies pressed close, your hands caressing, gentle at first, and becoming more passionate. I can see your warm smile, and your irresistable eyes. I remain ever hopeful, waiting for you to overwhelm me again.

Oppa, I feel my tears slide silently from my eyes. It was like, you’ve ripped my heart from my chest, still beating and bloody, and cast it aside to wither and die. Every hour of the day, maybe I can fool others into thinking I was happy, but I knew, how sad I was. I really wanted to make Yoohyun unnie happy, but I also wanted to be happy. No one can’t make me happy like you can.

I love you so much.

I refuse to let you go from my life, from my heart, from my side. I can't stand this breakup anymore. I'd rather have you... I'd rather have you.

======================================================================================

 

======================================================================================

**Alright, I'm back with another chapter. Sorry it took so long to get it out, I was so busy with my mini project for Ten’s birthday.

Yassss, happy 20th birthday my sunshine darling!!

I love you with all my heart TuT (here’s my FMV ‘a Kaleidoscope of Ten Chittaphon’).

And, I’ve been wicked sick because typhoid fever, and stuck at ugly hospital for more than week, and I was having a hell of time to drag myself out. So, yeah, I'm not really happy with this chapter. Maybe I'll take it down and edit it later, I'm not sure though. But for now, there it is! ^^

As always, do comment!

-Love, Airin-

Kim Dahyun  Kim Yoohyun