Can I kiss you?

WHITE CHRISTMAS

By their skinship on the bus, a few weeks ago. Dahyun and Ten had bonded more quickly than Dahyun usually did with guys. They are practically inseparable, and she felt complete. Even though Sana didn’t like the obsessive way Ten stuck to her bestfriend, Dahyun, like a glue. Dahyun liked to point out that was her who stuck to him and was terribly possessive of him, despite he still wasn’t hers. Sana wondered, Ten must be have done something to Dahyun. On the other hand, Sana was happy that a relationship between Dahyun and Ten had finally evolved.

The bus braked and stopped in front of Time Square in Yeongdeungpo-gu, one of the largest shopping malls in Korea. Dahyun and Ten stood from their seats. Ten reached out, offered Dahyun his palm, and she accepted. Ten took her hand in his, holding her hand as they walked towards the door, and got off the bus. Before the door could hiss shut, Dahyun jumped off and Ten pulled her to him. She smiled cheerfully, and then Dahyun stepped closer into Ten’s arm, feeling one of his hand going to her shoulder and the other still holding her hand, Dahyun’s arm wrapped about his waist. She felt like she was spinning in a happy world just for them.

The ride to Time Square was pretty eventful, they had talked about Sana, how Dahyun comforted her over the death of her hamster. Sometimes, Dahyun spoke out of desperation to keep the conversation going. She need not have worried though. It wasn’t true what someone said about Ten that he was quiet and doesn’t talk much. Because sometimes, he turned to be a chatty type, he leaping from one topic to another. Dahyun was somewhat surprised to find him quite knowledgeable on so many subjects that she would think a guy wouldn’t have any interest in. Dahyun was feeling quite at ease with him and enjoying talking with him.

There was a light breeze in the spring night, the cool air blew through their hair. Looking up, they could see the moon, a beautiful sphere, shining its light on them. The night breathed its beauty. Dahyun and Ten had everything all planned out as they headed into The E-Mart located inside Time Square, and straight to the grocery store. Before, the rain poured, storm brewed, lightning flashed and thunder rolled. So, the grocery store was relatively empty, even though the rain has already stopped to pour. Ten was pushing the cart, he wasn’t allow Dahyun to do it.

“Main rule, no asking for chocolate, we are sticking to the list, ok?” Dahyun said, Ten chuckled, he gave Dahyun a naughty look. Dahyun just smiled.

The shopping was going well until Dahyun told him that she was going to get a shampoo. Ten pushed the cart to the side. Dahyun had been debating between two different brands of shampoos, so she didn’t have her eyes on Ten. She had wondered idly about what kind of differences there could be between the two before realizing that Ten would probably be better at selecting the right kind.

“Oppa, what is_ Oppa?!” Ten was nowhere to be seen. Dahyun looked around.

‘Where is he?’ She was becoming more and more worried at each passing aisle; from bathroom items aisle to cooked food, refrigated food, vegetables, dairy items, but Ten was not down.

“What did you do to me?" she hissed, struggling in her bonds. “Ten oppa?”  She called out anxiously, fear blooming in her mind because The E-Mart at Yeongdeungpo is the largest E-mart in the southwest area of Seoul. Her cellphone in her bag which Ten slung her bag on his shoulder.

“BOO!” Ten suddenly jumped in front of Dahyun, which clearly startled her. Dahyun gave out a relieved sigh, her relief coming off in annoyance.

Wilfully ignoring her surprise. Dahyun stormed up then, her face angry. “What do you think, you are doing?”

Ten pulled the cart, “Look!” He said happily, there were some chocolates on the cart. But to Ten’s dismay, Dahyun plucked the chocolates from the cart and slammed it back on the random shelf.

“Hey!” Ten frowned, picking it back up again, “I happen to love it.”

“Remember? The main rule?” said Dahyun, grabbing for it. Nonetheless, when Ten tried to sneak it in the cart once again, Dahyun told him firmly to put it back.

Ten gave a frustrated sigh. Suddenly Ten picked her up, and sat Dahyun down on the cart. "You're light as a feather!” He smirked, satisfied.

Dahyun screamed, “AH, Ten oppa!” Her heartbeat began to thunder in her chest, her cheek flushing bright red. She realized that he was just taunting her and cursed herself for being unaware.  “Let me down!”  She shouted at him as she continued to squirm to get out of the cart. Ten laughed at her, drawing the attention of nearby shoppers. Ten couldn’t help but notice the disproving looks from a store clerk at the end of the aisle was giving him. Dahyun kicked her legs and tried to climb out of the cart.

“I don’t care with the rule, we’re keeping it.” Ten said softly, crouching down to eye level with his hand resting gently on her head, then he winked. Dahyun’s stomach felt like it was in knots. As it was, all she was able to do now was pout and gave a small nod at Ten’s words.

“Ok, fine. Now please let me down!” Dahyun said softly, and held out her hand to him. Ten gave one of those cocky smile in a mix of being satisfied and having other things on his mind, and somehow it made Dahyun want to melt into the cart.

“Get me out of here!” Dahyun hissed. Ten laughed as he picked Dahyun out of the cart, she jutted her hip out the side as she stood, almost instantly Dahyun stilled and buried her face in Ten’s neck, embarrassed. Ten was offering his comfort, rubbing her back. Dahyun could feel the weird feel coming from miles away, every inch of her body was buzzing, electrified. She pushed Ten away.

Ten bit his lower lip, he watched Dahyun’s face went from shyness to mad-face. Dahyun blew her strand of hair from her face.

“Ahhh, you’re so annoying!” her voice betraying the mad-face she was potraying.

Ten pinched her cheek, nonchalantly, “I appreciate the compliment.” He grinned.

He always was kind of annoying, sometimes. Dahyun stomped on his foot, causing a sharp pain from the heels that she wore. Ten cried out in pain. Dahyun tried to refrain from bursting out laughing and tapped Ten’s forehead with her fingers. He could see a hint of happiness in her, his face softened. Dahyun gave him a deadpanned look.

“You’re a eertt!” Dahyun snarled at him.

“That’s me~” Ten admitted, plastered a smirk upon his face, causing her to blush.

“Hei, let’s leave,” Ten suggested as he grabbed her hand and attempted to pull her off as well.

Dahyun perked her eyebrows, “What? How about our shopping?”

Ten shrugged her shoulders. “Maybe, later. I’m in a severely boring mood to shopping. I know a place we can go~” He answered, and pulled on her again. Sighing, Dahyun allowed him to pull her, they walked away from aisles, with her hand still wrapped around his.

They ignored everybody and walked out of Time Square.

======================================================================================

A few moments later. Ten took Dahyun’s hand and led her carefully up the steps. Her eyes were closed as he had instructed her promising wonderful things as a result. So she obliged and kept them tightly shut. Dahyun stumbled on an uneven step and he reached over to catch her. His arms encircled her and she felt perfectly safe when he was holding her.

"Sorry, the stairs are tricky. We're nearly there, then you can open your eyes."

Dahyun surrendered herself to his guidance, he finally led her across flat ground.

"Now open your eyes and see."

Taking what felt like her last breath of air, Dahyun opened her eyes. And then she gasped as the view took her breath away. The south of Hangang river view at night from apartment rooftop. She stared like a fool amazed with the view. She turned back and looked around, there were a swing set, benches, and play set. She turned to Ten with a question in her eyes. Ten knew just what she was thinking, he can read the expression exceptionally well.

“This is my throne.” He laughed. “Well, we are at my apartment rooftop.” He said.

Dahyun gave him an odd look that said, ‘You’re kidding.’ Ten had to smiled at that. Dahyun’s eyes went wide when she realized that Ten’s apartment located in Yeongdeungpo-gu. She had never visited before, even though she knew but didn’t know his apartment nearby with Time Square. Ten actually didn’t need her company to buy his stuff. Dahyun had almost figured out his motives and actually gone right to the very word that he had sought to hide from her. Ten knew what her reaction would be then. Surprise, disgust, disbelief or perhaps eventually hate. It may would ruin his plans if she found out. But, it was alright though, there was still plenty of time to convince her to visit his apartment later.

"Don’t get me wrong!" He purred out to her, seeing the stunned look in her eyes as she comprehended what he wanted. Dahyun felt her heart leap in response to his words, she hesitated and nibbled on her lower lip nervously. She tried to stay calm.

“Why did you want me to come here?” Dahyun asked, not looking at Ten. He breathed out in relief.

“This is where I used to come when I was confused about anything, or just needed some quiet time to think...,” Ten said softly from behind, reached her and wrapped his arms around Dahyun’s waist. He hugged her from behind. Dahyun stunned at the unexpected move. Flushing across her face.

“...My favorite place. And it’s nice looking, so quiet...,” Ten rested his chin on Dahyun’s shoulder. She could feel his hot breath on the side of her face and it shivers down her spine. Dahyun was holding on her breath when she saw him close his eyes. She stood still for a few seconds, and breathed again tried to relax a little bit since she felt the tension. For some odd reason, she had momentarily lost his ability to speak properly. Her heart was pumping wildly. But, she didn’t want to admit that the flush on her cheeks was due to more than just the chill in the air.

“Hei~” Ten whispered, Dahyun carefully turn her head, and Ten’s point finger poke her cheek. Dahyun smiled, the grimace he made was just too cute. The moonlight caught his eyes and made them glimmer. Dahyun sighed, turned around, leaning back to face him. Ten looked gorgeous up there. He shook a strand of hair from his eyes. Suddenly he sneezed, and he gave a helpless shrug. Break the intense scene.

“Don’t laugh,” Ten hissed grumpily, Dahyun grinned and poked his cheek. “You are too pretty when you laugh, you know!” He said. Dahyun snorted as her heart started to speed up, again. Ten stared at her as if it were the most obvious thing in the whole world, it was like he had seen an angel, and she could tell that he was going to fall for her even deeper. Dahyun was so beautiful, and her hair was flowing down as if it was moving along with the wind. Dahyun caught his eyes dropped to her lips. She pushed his hair gently back from his face. Ten lifted his gaze to her, she gave him a shy smile. In return, he could only smirk at her.

“Can I kiss you?”

His voice broke through the silence.

A bunch of butterflies fluttered restlessly in the pit of her stomach. Dahyun nodded silently at him. They gazed at each other, and kept getting closer and closer. Their lips were slowly close. Dahyun didn’t know if she could wait anymore, the moment was there he just had to take it. She felt her heart pounding in her chest and found it hard to catch her breath, so she closed her eyes and breathed in deeply, enjoying the moment and the caress of the night air on her skin. Ten tilted his head, Dahyun felt his hands caressing the curves of her body. Dahyun frowned when the coolness turned warm, and something soft brushed her cheek. She gasped as it pressed to her cheek. Her lashes rose and Ten gave her both a smile and a smirk the size of Russia spread over his face, he also had an absolutely evil grin on his face. Dahyun gave her a bewildered look. Somehow she was as upset as she would have thought.

‘Of course, that's all it was. Kiss on the cheek!’ 

How... disappointing.

Dahyun disappointed, her heart soaring, but she didn’t dare to hope for another kiss. She tried desperately not to be upset by this fact, and wondering why it even mattered. Sure, it made her heart clench in anguish. It hurts, but she could not say why. Ten had been amused at first, seeing how the kiss seemed meant absolutely nothing for her, but then Dahyun looked at him.

"Thanks...,” She whispered with a strange expression on her face, saddened somehow. It was a pathetic, she drowned in disappointment. Ten saw the disappointment and flash of sadness on Dahyun’s face. His lips curved into a mischivieous smile.

“Are you disappointed?” He asked her, with great interest. Dahyun’s eyes widened in panic and incredulity, and then she shook her head.

She gave him a wry smile. "Oh! I-I was thinking about something." She said with forced cheerfulness. Silently Dahyun shook her head. ‘Did I make a fool of myself?’

But, heck. Of course, she was so disappointed.

So much...

So freaking much...

So desperately much...

The victory on Ten’s face as Dahyun’s face filled with despair. How terribly cruel. Ten’s hand rose to caress over her hair and went to her cheek and touched over it lightly, a smile curving his lips. Dahyun grabbed his wrist. Pausing at a place, he asked, “Is something wrong?” Shattering her thoughts.

Dahyun lowered her head with a voice taught with frustration, she answered, “I don’t know, I was just wondering when you were going to stop teasing the hell out of me?” Her voice elevated in volume slightly with each word.

“Teasing? Me? I’m not teasing you, am I?” He confused, with ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about’ stamped on his face, like he had not a clue, “Was there something specific you had in mind?” It took a great restraint to not kick the oblivious Ten. He was determined to get an answer from her, and Dahyun was clearly as determined not to say it, because that was embarrassing as hell! She couldn't tell him that she had become needy from his touch. Just not happening!

“Nothing.” She answered, mind desperately trying to sooth itself.

Ten contemplated, and then he brightened. “Come on, I’ll race you to the swings!” Dahyun stood for a moment, watching Ten run to the swings, kicking up the  puddle, and laughed.

‘So, he really couldn't find out my feelings. Geez, it was just too damned much!’

The entire place had been made in silence, and she was more than aware of the possibility that she had grossly overreacted to the situation. With a smile, Dahyun decided to join him. He grinned mischievously.

“You expected me to kiss your lips, right~” he said.

‘He knew!’ Dahyun went white, almost fainted, her eyes incredulous and shocked.

"WHAT?!! Sorry, you're mistaken, sir!"  Dahyun said harshly, chin rising. ‘Damn him, he’s playing!! I wouldn't be toyed with!’

A mocking smile spread over his face at how hard Dahyun was trying to deny. Ten loomed over her and his hands came up on either side of her head. 

"Can I kiss your lips?"  Ten purred out, his right hand moving her head to touch her lip, and caress his thumb along her bottom lip. Dahyun blinked at him, her eyes were nervous as she skimmed his face.

Ten gently his bottom lip, lids lowering, leaned forward a little closer. Her heart started to thump wildly against her chest. 

There was no way Dahyun could hold back the jagged temptation. 

======================================================================================

 

======================================================================================

*Hi, guys, thank you so much for reading, and subscribing 'White Christmas'!

comment would be wonderful, and feedback is very welcome ^^

anyways, I'll be posting the next chapter after I finished editing it.

-Airin-

(find me on twitter @xingyuten)

The Sunshine Couple

Embarrassed TenHyun and flushies